NCAA Basketball

Billy B

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If they were as good as they supposedly was, they'd be 39-0 at this point, so... yes, they're still overrated. This season is a disappointment for them.

so wait to you they are still overrated because of 1 loss? Wow Will way to stick to your argument. Wait til they win the Championship, "Well they didn't beat them by 5 so their championship is a dissapointment and they are still overrated"

If they were as good as they supposedly was, they'd be 39-0 at this point, so... yes, they're still overrated. This season is a disappointment for them.

so wait to you they are still overrated because of 1 loss? Wow Will way to stick to your argument. Wait til they win the Championship, "Well they didn't beat them by 5 so their championship is a dissapointment and they are still overrated"

Sorry, but the way other people champion their cause, it has to be a disappointment that they aren't undefeated.

LvZYtbZ.png

Sorry, but the way other people champion their cause, it has to be a disappointment that they aren't undefeated.

Come on! Nobody championed their cause as much as you say and it has been much less since the (needed) loss to Tennessee.

And seriously... If you are on Memphis right now are you disappointed in yourself?

You know, there's sticking to your guns, and then there's being obstinate and ignoring fact.

Your complaint was that Memphis didn't deserve a #1 seed. They lost one game all season, and were awarded a #1 seed. They then won their region, then beat another #1 seed, a so-called "major program."

This is generally where you'd want to say "Hey, you know, I was wrong. By winning their region then beating UCLA< they've shown deserved that #1 seed. Congratulations to Memphis, and good luck to them in the final." It's called being gracious and admitting an incorrect prediction/assessment.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

You know, there's sticking to your guns, and then there's being obstinate and ignoring fact.

Your complaint was that Memphis didn't deserve a #1 seed. They lost one game all season, and were awarded a #1 seed. They then won their region, then beat another #1 seed, a so-called "major program."

This is generally where you'd want to say "Hey, you know, I was wrong. By winning their region then beating UCLA< they've shown deserved that #1 seed. Congratulations to Memphis, and good luck to them in the final." It's called being gracious and admitting an incorrect prediction/assessment.

Ah, but that would be called giving up on my convictions. They were lucky to get this far, as they haven't played anyone of consequence yet in the tournament. UNC will trounce them by 30.

LvZYtbZ.png

Ah, but that would be called giving up on my convictions. They were lucky to get this far, as they haven't played anyone of consequence yet in the tournament. UNC will trounce them by 30.

:blink:

Ummm....UCLA? You know, the regular season (by 3 frickin' games) and tournament champion of arguably the best conference in college basketball this season? A team that won 35 games? That UCLA?

EDIT-although UNC might want to worry more about being down by 21 to Kansas.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Looks like UNC stayed in Chapel Hill. So much for ESPN's highly anticipated UCLA-UNC Final maybe they will revive the 3rd Place game.

Well that was the kiss of death for that one right there.

It's still early, though, UNC might come back.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yes Memphis is still overrated UCLA was not allowed to bring their Pac 10 Refs, beat the Bruins with the Pac 10 refs then I'll be impressed :P

Please. PAC-10 refs are a joke.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Will I laugh at that argument right there. They beat a good Michigan State, trounced a great Texas team and beat another 1 seed and they were "lucky", wow what drugs are you smoking. I want to know what team you were watching, because I sure as hell do not see the same team you're watching, you must of been thinking Western Kentucky

Will I laugh at that argument right there. They beat a good Michigan State, trounced a great Texas team and beat another 1 seed and they were "lucky" wow what drugs are you smoking. I want to know what team you were watching, because I sure as hell do not see the same team you're watching, you must of been thinking Western Kentucky

I suppose it's the same drugs he uses when he selects the lineup for the Hippo Regius Friars :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Imagine my surprise when:

1) I walk in from shopping and see Kansas up 40-19 on UNC at one point.

2) Will still saying that Memphis is overrated. lol, dude seriously?

Poor ESPN. No more Tyler Hansborough kinkiness for them to shovel onto an unsuspecting public after UNC got throttled by Kansas.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Not only does UNC lose, they get hammered by 18 by a supposively weaker Kansas team.

Something tells me that Memphis-Kansas will be a great matchup no matter what anyone says.

UNC will trounce them by 30.

Your best bet for making those words work would be to grab Christopher Lloyd and his Delorean.

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Poor ESPN. No more Tyler Hansborough kinkiness for them to shovel onto an unsuspecting public after UNC got throttled by Kansas.

But did you see how much he hustled during that game? If even one player on Kansas played with the heart of Tyler Hansbrough, there never would have been a comeback. The way he dives for every loose ball, heck I hear he is still playing through pain from his broken nose last year. Shovel more Hansbrough to me, I can't get enough.

Kansas and Memphis should be a good game. Kansas should be able to slow down the offense, but with the way Memphis has been playing in the tournament it is hard to pick against them.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived