2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Dont be so sure about CC in NY.

I've heard that CC wants to pitch closer to home here in SoCal. More specifically here in Anaheim.

I counter your Anaheim with my Los Angeles.

Ugh... *sigh*

They play in Anaheim... that's why I said in Anaheim... LA City Limits are about 45 miles to the north...

Ummm LA city limits are only a scant 24 miles from the Disneyland parking lot. B)

Additionally, the limits are due west or maybe northwest, not north. And, as a matter of fact, as I bust out the ole Thomas Guide, the shortest distance from Anaheim to the LA City Limits is 12 miles, to Wilmington, and 19.5 miles to the ballpark, which is just across the Santa Ana River from Orange, one the west side of the 57.

Living in the area for almost 24 years, I've developed the following conclusion... if you can get there in a half hour on the freeway, it's still LA. If the LA Rams could have played in Anaheim, then it's the LA Metro Area, period.

VmWIn6B.png

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2009 schedules are out

(just change the dropdown to get your favorite team)

Why is the season starting a week later? Same thing's happening with us in Minor League Baseball. Our first game is April 9th when it's usually about the 3rd.

NEVERMIND: Just realized, the World Classic is next year. Checked our 2006 schedule and started about the 6th. So I'm assuming that's the reason for next year's start delay. Carry on.

I hope this is the right place to put this, but for Blue Jay fans, J.P. Ricciardi ( the general manager ) will be back for 09 season.

J.P will return

I was expecting, probably others too see him gone. I'm suprised to see him back, but im guessing he is staying thanks to Cito playing ( nothing wrong with that ).

I hope J.P can prove us wrong next season in too why he should deserve the gm position.

4kv29i.jpg

I've heard that CC wants to pitch closer to home here in SoCal. More specifically here in Anaheim.

Ugh... *sigh*

They play in Anaheim... that's why I said in Anaheim... LA City Limits are about 45 miles to the north...

Ummm LA city limits are only a scant 24 miles from the Disneyland parking lot. B)

Additionally, the limits are due west or maybe northwest, not north. And, as a matter of fact, as I bust out the ole Thomas Guide, the shortest distance from Anaheim to the LA City Limits is 12 miles, to Wilmington, and 19.5 miles to the ballpark, which is just across the Santa Ana River from Orange, one the west side of the 57.

Living in the area for almost 24 years, I've developed the following conclusion... if you can get there in a half hour on the freeway, it's still LA. If the LA Rams could have played in Anaheim, then it's the LA Metro Area, period.

When I calculated I was lazy only using I-5 from Indiana St in LA to Disneyland.

I remember it taking over an hour to drive between stadiums when I went to games in LA and Anaheim on the same day. Only drive worse than that was going from Anaheim to San Diego in another of those two games same day trips.

2009 schedules are out

(just change the dropdown to get your favorite team)

I looked at the Yankees schedule, and their first opponent in new Yankee Stadium will be Cleveland. In addition to that, the Yankees will be the visiting team in three other home openers before opening up the new big ballpark in the Bronx: @ Baltimore, @ Kansas City, and @ Tampa Bay. The Mets open up Citi Field against San Diego.

As for the Braves, they'll host Toronto, Boston, and the Yankees for Interleague play, and will have road trips to Boston and Baltimore, and will also play in Cincinnati twice.

Ugh... *sigh*

Sorry I didn't go get the exact details. How about it feels like 45 miles? :P

And living in OC for 18 years, there is a distinct difference between LA and OC and personally, I'd like to keep it that way and I'd also like to have it demonstrated. OC has its very own identity different from LA and the "Metro" area. Especially here in South OC.

Also, I can get to San Diego in a half hour on the freeway... I don't think SD is LA :P

As for the Rams, I was way too young to remember the Rams (I was 5 when they left) so I can't really speak for that. I never did like it after reading up on it though.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

After allowing just one hit in two innings pitched, Ben Sheets has been pulled from the game against Chicago due to yet another injury.

The Brewers are currently up on the Cubs 3-1, but their post-season hopes are in seriously trouble if Sheets hits the DL and Sabathia is comes back down to earth as he did last night.

6uXNWAo.png

The Brew Crew held a 6-2 lead going into the bottom of the 9th at Wrigley, and on cue, the Milwaukee bullpen collapses again as Geovany Soto knots it up at 6 it up with one swing of the bat -- then Derrek Lee drives in the walk-off game winner in the bottom of the 12th. :woot:

The Cubs' magic number now stands at 2.

You're welcome New York and Philadelphia. ;)

6uXNWAo.png

Milwaukee had a 6-2 lead going into the bottom of the 9th at Wrigley. The Brewers bullpen collapses again as Geovany Soto ties it up with one swing of the bat -- then Derrek Lee drives in the walk-off game winner in the bottom of the 12th. :woot:

Thanks brah.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

The Brew Crew held a 6-2 lead going into the bottom of the 9th at Wrigley, and on cue, the Milwaukee bullpen collapses again as Geovany Soto knots it up at 6 it up with one swing of the bat -- then Derrek Lee drives in the walk-off game winner in the bottom of the 12th. :woot:

They also had two outs and nobody on, didn't they? What a choke job.

IUe6Hvh.png

Rays are in the process of wrapping up an AL East Division title.

About to go two up with the tiebreaker.

Settle down, hoss. Two up with 10 to go. Anything can happen.

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

They also had two outs and nobody on, didn't they? What a choke job.

The Brewers are done. The gamble's probably gonna fail.

They also had two outs and nobody on, didn't they?

Yes sir.

Milwaukee fans can put it on Salomon Torres this time.

6uXNWAo.png

Yes sir.

Or the closers as a whole. Torres has 7 blown saves, Gagne has 7 blown saves, and Riske has 5 blown saves. The Brewers lead the league with 19 blown saves this year. That's rediculous.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

You're welcome New York and Philadelphia.

Yes sir.

Or the closers as a whole. Torres has 7 blown saves, Gagne has 7 blown saves, and Riske has 5 blown saves. The Brewers lead the league with 19 blown saves this year. That's rediculous.

I don't even think today's loss counts as an official blown save since Torres took the mound up four runs.

:lol:

6uXNWAo.png

You're welcome New York and Philadelphia.

Yes sir.

I don't even think today's loss counts as an official blown save since Torres took the mound up four runs.

:lol:

Yeah, and I know Milwaukee has had games they've lost being up by 6 runs late and others like this. So if those don't count....I wonder how many games they've lost where they were up by 3 or more runs in the 8th inning. The closers have been so bad, that I get nervous every 9th inning. They could be up 14-0 with two outs and still lose a game. It really is that bad.

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

Well the Angels won again 6-4,

But it wasn't just another Angels victory... ugh

K-Rod is going to give me a heart attack.

Angels lead 6-0 in the bottom of the 9th. K-rod then has 3 walks, a hit batter, and 4 runs score before recording the 3rd out and the victory... it was his 59th save. This come a day after the Teixeira hit a 2-run homer in the top of the 9th to take a 2-0 lead but then the Angels would lose on a K-rod throwing error in the bottom of the 9th...

Whoever wants K-Rod can have him,

I'm just about done with his antics

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Archived