2008 MLB Season

gingerbreadmann

Cleveland and Toronto were officially eliminated today, and the Yankees will be eliminated with a loss tonight, giving Boston a playoff spot...

Imagine the Yankees sealing their fate and missing the playoffs for the first time since, what 93?, in a loss at the final game at Yankee Stadium. Man that would be something else. Also close to impossible to imagine before the season (as in this being a possible elimination game)

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Phils win 5-2 and take 2 of 3 at Miami. Unbelievable :grin:

1.5 up on the Mets, magic number of 4 for a playoff spot and 6 for the division title

Ah ha those are the numbers I couldn't figure them out. And a great job by the Phillies to win 2 of 3 there. Mets bullpen is looking in tip top shape.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

Could they knock it off with "New York New York" already?!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey Tank, what annoying song are they going to loop a million times over when Shea closes it's doors?

I believe they enjoy Rick Astley. :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Hey Tank, what annoying song are they going to loop a million times over when Shea closes it's doors?

Tom Petty's "Free Fallin'".....

:cry:

I hate to admit it but that's a good one, now show some effort this week against the Phillies

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I caught the 7th inning when Michael Kay did PBP...idk why, but that guy was freakin awesome. :P

But yeah, I guess it's kinda bittersweet for me. As much as I hate the Yankees and am relishing the fact that they won't be in the postseason this year...you gotta admit, Yankee Stadium just exuded a feeling of a big game atmosphee, especially when it came down to this time of year. I really believed that the ghosts of Ruth, Gehrig, Mantle, Maris, Berra, Stengel, and all the other Yankee greats were there, always helping the Yanks win a game in some way or fashion.

I don't like the team, but I have the utmost respect for them and their way of doing things. This send-off was classy, and it was well done. I wasn't around to see the original version, but the "new" version still had some sort of impact on me, as sort of a baseball mecca, in the way that MSG is for boxing/WWE and basketball, & Lambeau is for football.

I'm gonna miss the old place.

Michael Kay is real good, its their radio team that's hideous.

Michael Kay made the radio side listenable until he left. He was the only one who could keep John Sterling in check. Steiner could sometimes put Sterling in check but Sterling and Waldman are just absolutly unlistenable.

MLB put a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle, Austin American-Statesman and others I'm sure, trying to explain the scheduling screw-up following Ike.

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/selig_release.html

Somehow I don't see Astro fan feeling any better.

It's official... Bud Selig has no idea Toronto is in the league.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

MLB put a full page ad in the Houston Chronicle, Austin American-Statesman and others I'm sure, trying to explain the scheduling screw-up following Ike.

http://www.chron.com/sports/astros/selig_release.html

Somehow I don't see Astro fan feeling any better.

The Astros' response to this was great.

http://deadspin.com/5052813/the-houston-as...-seligs-apology

?Major League Baseball has always valued the dollar more than they do the individual, the players and their families,? Lance Berkman said. ?That?s illustrated in things like playing through a lightning storm in Chicago (on Aug. 4)."

?The thing is we had days at the end of the season that we could have played a single game plus a doubleheader if need be,? Doug Brocail said. ?And to make us go up and play at North Wrigley like we had to on no sleep, it was absolutely ridiculous. If it was New York or Boston, it would have been played at the end of the season. I truly believe that, and I think 99.9 percent of our teammates believe that. But no, we?re the Houston Astros.?

Lance Berkman is an idiot.

As long as the players are going to demand the salaries they're getting, and threaten work stoppages every time the CBA comes up, of course MLB has to have an obligation to do whatever it takes to make the most money they can. I'm not saying that Bud Selig has a halo over his head, but it's not like the players don't also care about the dollars first and foremost.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived