Arena Rafters & Banners

How are they going to do it though? Jiggy and Teemu played for the Mighty and non-Mighty Ducks.

I personally wouldn't care whatever team they were retired for (even though it will probably be the Ducks) as long as they don't go back and retire Herbert or Salei or *gasp* Kariya or whoever as non-Mighty Ducks.

Oh, they'll be in the current Ducks colors/style. I have no doubt. But it'd be nice if there was some way to note that Teemu and Jiggy were both Mighty Ducks as well and had huge contributions in their Mighty years. Maybe split it down the middle or something? Half eggplant-teal/half black-gold-orange? That might look cheesy, but I think it'd be nice. Neidermayer was a Mighty Duck too for a short period, but since it was just the one year, it'd be weird if they gave him the Mighty treatment as well.

Like this? (Obviously, I'd hope they'd do a better job of matching it up, but whatever. My rough concept.)

UL325_zps8a68cfcc.png0413_zps135a6ea1.png

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

How are they going to do it though? Jiggy and Teemu played for the Mighty and non-Mighty Ducks.

I personally wouldn't care whatever team they were retired for (even though it will probably be the Ducks) as long as they don't go back and retire Herbert or Salei or *gasp* Kariya or whoever as non-Mighty Ducks.

Oh, they'll be in the current Ducks colors/style. I have no doubt. But it'd be nice if there was some way to note that Teemu and Jiggy were both Mighty Ducks as well and had huge contributions in their Mighty years. Maybe split it down the middle or something? Half eggplant-teal/half black-gold-orange? That might look cheesy, but I think it'd be nice. Neidermayer was a Mighty Duck too for a short period, but since it was just the one year, it'd be weird if they gave him the Mighty treatment as well.

Like this? (Obviously, I'd hope they'd do a better job of matching it up, but whatever. My rough concept.)

UL325_zps8a68cfcc.png0413_zps135a6ea1.png

I don't like that at all. Just use the current idenity.

I also hope the retired numbers are on the other side of the Pond, but I wouldn't mind if they did it the way the Kings did it. That works too, but they'll have to move all the current banners over a bit.

That's what the flyers started doing - just tacking on years to a single Atlantic division banner. Guess with the new division name they'll have to start a new banner even tho there's space left on the current one..

Probably not going to have to worry about it for a long time though

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I have a really old Boston Garden Banner...it was given to me in 1979 by the organisator of a bus shuttle NHL game package..this banner was given to him by an employe and he made a draw and i ended up Winnipeg the Banner....

The Banner was Hung in the the old Garden and showed age, that's what they took it of the wall..i decided to keep, i thought it was spécial and the old vintage look made me crazy.....i love it

actually, i am looking for more info's or some kind of expert with pictures of the Garden from inside with this Banner on them, that would be awsome.....

If you know an expert, it would be really nice if he could communicate with me.....

I have pictures of the Banner if you guys want to see...

Thank's a lot

Then when Brian Burke came in 2005, he wanted any of that "Disney crap" taken down.

I like the idea of a newly hired Brian Burke just running around an empty arena with lackeys trailing him like in a Sorkin drama, barking out orders and dissociated thoughts.

"There are too many banners here! Take the Disney crap down! I'm Irish. There aren't enough fighters in this league anymore! Call a press conference. PETERSON! Get on the phone and rent out a barn in Saskatoon. I'll tell you why later. Screw it, I don't have to do that. I'm vasectomized! Call another press conference. I untied my tie and lost it. Get me a new one! WHO SAYS I CAN'T PISS ON THE FLOOR?"

• Like 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I have a really old Boston Garden Banner...it was given to me in 1979 by the organisator of a bus shuttle NHL game package..this banner was given to him by an employe and he made a draw and i ended up Winnipeg the Banner....

The Banner was Hung in the the old Garden and showed age, that's what they took it of the wall..i decided to keep, i thought it was spécial and the old vintage look made me crazy.....i love it

actually, i am looking for more info's or some kind of expert with pictures of the Garden from inside with this Banner on them, that would be awsome.....

If you know an expert, it would be really nice if he could communicate with me.....

I have pictures of the Banner if you guys want to see...

Thank's a lot

Thats awesome man, you should definitely post some pics, how big is it?

• 2 weeks later...

My mind is blown. I had no idea you could hang banners in that direction. Wow.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

My mind is blown. I had no idea you could hang banners in that direction. Wow.

Sarcasm?

What I meant was of course I know that the laws of physics allow for banners to be hanged that way, but for some reason (probably because I'm so used to how the Flyers and Sixers do it) I never even thought of hanging them facing the sides instead of the ends.

Maybe it's just easier with the rafters to bunch them all at the ends, but it seems like they would be more visible the other way. Maybe you could do both, and then the Flyers wouln't have needed to go to a single division banner with multiple years added to it.

So, hyperbole? Yes. Sarcasm? No.

Not digging those Devils Stanley Cup banners. They should be special, but those just scream "meh" to me

It's the Devils. Bland and tradition is their M.O.

True. Everything aesthetic (jerseys, banners, center ice design, ect..) has been exactly the same since they switched to red and black colors in 1992. Boring and simple but that is how we like it :D

• Like 1