Arena Rafters & Banners

@bubba....I can´t, i don´t know them. - But when the habs won alot of cups, there were only a handful of teams, and they got all of the good canadian born players, right ?

You sound stupid. Stop posting.

You sound ignorant. Keep posting it's funny.

SLAM is right. Jason here is showing a complete lack of understanding of NHL history. Not knowing NHL history is fine. Making a point to comment on NHL history when you clearly have no idea what you're talking about is going to get you called out.

Yeah well, i think it´s okay to question why a team has so many championships , and other teams that played in the same time era have few or no cups, it was a long time ago, maybe we don´t know the whole truth. Yankees also have alot of chips, compared to the other teams, maybe there is something there we don´t know about either.

-

-

On a messageboard it would be boring if we all had the same opinion and views on things, would not be much to discuss if everyone agreed on everything. :)

Yeah well, i think it´s okay to question why a team has so many championships , and other teams that played in the same time era have few or no cups, it was a long time ago, maybe we don´t know the whole truth. Yankees also have alot of chips, compared to the other teams, maybe there is something there we don´t know about either.

Joey: What are you guys woofing about?
Monica: Chandler stole a Twenty from my purse!
Joey: No! You know what? Now that I think about it, I constantly find myself without twenties and you always have lots!
  • Like 1

Clippers' Pacific Division title banners at their practice facility. Doc and the players refuse to have them at Staples

I think they kind of outwitted themselves on this one. You wait all these years to start winning any banners and now you won't acknowledge them because the Lakers share the place?

To be fair, they would look pretty stupid next to the Lakers' Championship Banners.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

Then don't put them next to them. It's a big building; hang them somewhere where both teams' banners won't be in most people's line of sight. The Clippers owe it to their fans to acknowledge what achievements the team has had.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

I don't really have a problem with the Olympic banners. It's a sport of individuals, and at the time of the Olympics, those were Miami's individuals.

I guess I see your point.

I gotta say as well. Have never seen a trainer get memorialized in any way by a team. Owners, GM's, broadcasters, or players yes, but what's the story on him?

I see the point, but it's really tacky looking. I think it would make sense to go with "Heat Olympians" with a list on one banner.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

On 11/19/2014 at 1:33 PM, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

So these are last year's Final Four teams that did not win it all.

This is based on no homerism; Wisconsin's makes the most sense. The Final Four is still a big thing in college hoops; I know some people think that these are just the first three losers, but it still matters. I can deal with Kentucky's "Runner Up" banner (particularly given the no-frills style of their banners), but I still think "Final Four" is the way to go...is it important to call out one more win on the banner (and this has nothing to do with who that win was against). Florida's is awful. Just put "Final Four". Casual fans may not really put 2+2 together on "National Semifinalist" and "Final Four" still carries some cache.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

If they aren't National Champions, can't they say "regional champion" with the Final Four logo? I agree that "runner up" is pretty dumb - is there another word for it similar to regional champion? Like "left side of braket Champion"?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Speaking to that "honored not retired their number" thing, the Leafs do that.

They only have retired numbers 5 (Bill Barilko) & 6 (Ace Bailey)

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

• 3 weeks later...

Been meaning to share some banner photos from work.

2014-12-13175251_zps5450b514.jpg
2014-12-10120338_zpsd9492e4d.jpg
2014-12-10120348_zpsf8512beb.jpg

Since we do not own/operate the building, the banners are frequently removed for concerts and such if they are in the way or deemed unsightly. While I appreciate how the older banners from the Mid-South Coliseum are different to match the branding of that time, it drives me crazy that they are all different sizes and styles. Re-doing these is on my short list for the offseason.

What do you think makes for a good banner? I'm sure this has been discussed in thread already, but I don't feel like reading 43 pages.

I like simple, colour and style coordinated ones like the Oilers and the Ducks. All the same style and the different coloured banners represent different championships.

344_ducks_champ_banners.jpg

Don't change the logo and colours of the older banners, sure you can change the template to match the others, but keep the correct logos and colours. Scott Brower(?) and the the 1996-97 Eastern Division Champions were in the old logos, not the current one and they never were a part of the current set of logos. It's the same with the Ducks and the Mighty Ducks banner. If the Ducks were to retire old Mighty Ducks players, I would want them retired in Mighty Ducks style because they never wore current Ducks jerseys.

IbjBaeE.png