Arena Rafters & Banners

WSUBaseball.thumb.jpg.e69579a02747f16a44

Didn't see Wichita State's baseball stadium in here anywhere. Very interesting way to deal with all of the accomplishments. Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Championships on the left, NCAA Tournament Appearances on the right.  In particular I really like the commas, as it assumes that they'll keep adding more. Not sure what they'll do after they win 2 move MVC titles.

11 hours ago, topcityhockey said:

WSUBaseball.thumb.jpg.e69579a02747f16a44

Didn't see Wichita State's baseball stadium in here anywhere. Very interesting way to deal with all of the accomplishments. Missouri Valley Conference Tournament Championships on the left, NCAA Tournament Appearances on the right.  In particular I really like the commas, as it assumes that they'll keep adding more. Not sure what they'll do after they win 2 move MVC titles.

With Todd Butler they will have more than enough time to figure this out. Also I'm not sure if those are MVC tournament championships or regular season ones. It's been awhile since I've been there.

Edit:Yeah that's tournament titles. I wonder why they don't show the regular season ones.

• 3 months later...
5 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The San Jose Sharks have this hanging in their practice facility:

CkNNAjhUUAAvfBG.jpg

Burn this franchise to the ground.

Good thing they put "National Hockey League Playoffs" — otherwise I might've confused those dates with all their Super Bowl appearances!

• Like 11

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

23 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

The San Jose Sharks have this hanging in their practice facility:

CkNNAjhUUAAvfBG.jpg

Burn this franchise to the ground.

It doesn't even say PLAYOFF APPEARANCES, just PLAYOFFS. The Sharks logo isn't even centered. This is the most messed up banner ever. 

• Like 8

XM4KeeA.png

• 1 month later...
On March 27, 2012 at 10:49 PM, BigBubba said:

I've always liked how the Leafs put the players' pics on the banners:

Maple_Leafs_Banner_3.jpg

Maple_Leafs_Banner_4.jpg

According to Shanahan, the Leafs will be getting new honoured number banners for their centennial, which I think is kinda lame.

CmxLdK2UEAEbLah.jpg

The Leafs' new centennial exhibit at the HHoF may shed some light on the new banner designs. If those are indeed the new designs, they'll be far inferior to the current ones. At the very least, including the players' years of service and adding era-specific logos are nice touches.

5 hours ago, BigBubba said:

CmxLdK2UEAEbLah.jpg

The Leafs' new centennial exhibit at the HHoF may shed some light on the new banner designs. If those are indeed the new designs, they'll be far inferior to the current ones. At the very least, including the players' years of service and adding era-specific logos are nice touches.

Those banners are a nod to the old player banners that used to hang in Maple Leaf Gardens.

pjt-leafsstuff-11_24155009-e134992216551

Here are some of the old ones on display in, I believe, Ryerson Univeristy's rink that now occupies the former MLG.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

• 3 months later...
1 hour ago, hockey week said:

Penguins have changed their banners AGAIN. I was against it last time, but at least they looked good. Can't say that this time.

The Pens fans I'm talking to almost unanimously agree that they're great.  But I agree with you, I don't like these new ones at all, aside from the 2016 banner being in athletic gold.