Arena Rafters & Banners

On 12/3/2016 at 0:59 PM, liverwing said:

The Wings and Pistons will be sharing banner space at the new arena in Detroit next season. 

Here's a shot of the current banners at the Joe and a render from the new arena:

joebanners.jpg

detpirw.jpg

AR-170229966.jpg&MaxW=1400&MaxH=1400

NYCdog.png

37 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

3 banners for ONE season is ridiculous.  Especially considering they didn't make it out of the first round of the playoffs in 2010.

36 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

Regular season eastern conference champions is embarrassing.  Take those down and bring back the Mystics attendance banners 

Funny thing is those no longer exist.  The Capitals have new ones up and the division champions banners is similar to the way the Bruins have it.  A division champions banner with years added to it.  Looks less cluttered that way, in my opinion

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
23 minutes ago, tohasbo said:

DKXHOFTXkAAfh-N.jpg

Looks like the Capitals again updated the banners but only added the years.  

It'll be interesting to see what the Wizards do for their division banner

I like that. Especially if a team doesn't have a ring yet, makes sense to have a banner to list all the years you reached a certain milestone, like division titles.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I like that. Especially if a team doesn't have a ring yet, makes sense to have a banner to list all the years you reached a certain milestone, like division titles.

The Bruins do the same thing.  List the years they won division titles, conference championships, and Presidents' Trophies.  The Cup Banners are near it as well, I believe

Just imagine the target center banners in 10 years

SKOL VIKINGS    GO WILD

Minnesota            

Is                      

LOSERVILLE          

One thing I found it interesting while watching the Lightning-Red Wings game. Since the Pistons moved into Little Ceasars Arena that it also meant a banner for former owner Bill Davidson is hung in the rafters. He was also the owner of the Lightning. I can't think of another arena that has something that honours two former NHL owners at the same time.

gallery.jpg.aacd48b2510841cb6b1313716acfacd1.jpg

I saw, I came, I left.