Philadelphia, 100 seasons without a title

DarkJourney

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
With the Flyers loss last night the Phillies, Eagles, Sixers and Flyers have combined for 100 straight seasons without a title

Article in Sports Illustrated that included the 100 most heartbreaking moments in Philadelphia Sports History:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/more...ex.html?eref=T1

So, it's like the Cubs then?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

And the Cubs' failures are tempered by the success of the Bears, Bulls, and White Sox. Apples and oranges, really. The story here is that all of Philadelphia is terrible at everything. Ouch.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Using SI's idiotic math, Chicago's gone 183 years without a title.

Cubs - 100

Blackhawks - 47

Bears - 23

Bulls - 10

White Sox - 3

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

The Cubs are worse. That's one team that hasn't won a damn thing since 1908. Those are 4 teams that haven't won a title since 1980. The Cubs are way worse.

It's hard to feel bad for Philadelphia's fans having such a drought, but I do.

The Cubs are worse. That's one team that hasn't won a damn thing since 1908. Those are 4 teams that haven't won a title since 1980. The Cubs are way worse.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Woops. Forgot about that. I knew it was early 1980s. That's what I get for going off the top of the head.

Still, sorry y'all. :(

Also from SI:

Active Championships Droughts of 13 Metros Areas with 4 teams

Longest current streaks without a major sports championship while area has hosted four teams:

Philadelphia - 100 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: 76ers (1983)

San Francisco Bay Area - 54 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: 49ers (1994)

*Dallas - 34 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Stars (1999)

#Atlanta - 34 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: None in four-sports era

##Minneaspolis/St.Paul - 30 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: None in four-sports era

Denver - 29 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Avalanche (2001)

Phoenix - 27 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Diamondbacks (2001)

*Detroit - 14 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Pistons (2004)

###Washington, D.C. - 12 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: none in four-sports era

Chicago - 11 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: White Sox (2005)

Miami - 8 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Heat (2006)

*Boston - 2 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Red Sox (2007)

New York - 2 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: Giants (2007)

*-One or more teams still active in NHL or NBA playoffs through Sunday

#-Thrashers started in '99-'00

##-Wild started in '00-'01

###-Nationals arrived in 2005

###Washington, D.C. - 12 Combined Seasons

Last Champion: none in four-sports era

umm washington redskins? :blink:

I think what they mean is no championship since the Nationals arrived and the area has been a 4-team city again meaning the Wizards, Redskins, Capitals, and Nationals being active at the same time

On the plus side, the Phantoms took home the Calder a few years back, so at least some of the Flyers have a championship of sorts.

And let's be honest here, the Phillies have come a long way since the mid-90s. I mean, Mark Whiten was the cleanup man for a year.

I'd give em a trophy just for this man, and his hair:

steve_jeltz_autograph.jpg

Cubs - 100

Blackhawks - 47

Bears - 23

Bulls - 10

White Sox - 3

Chicago has gone 3 years without one. White Sox in 2005.

Yeah, but the way this slightly silly "math" works, you add up the number of seasons it's been since each of the four teams have won a title. That's where the "100 seasons" for Philadelphia comes from, as even though 1980 seems a long time ago it obviously hasn't been 100 years.

Cubs - 100

Blackhawks - 47

Bears - 23

Bulls - 10

White Sox - 3

Yeah, but the way this slightly silly "math" works, you add up the number of seasons it's been since each of the four teams have won a title. That's where the "100 seasons" for Philadelphia comes from, as even though 1980 seems a long time ago it obviously hasn't been 100 years.

Yes but its been 100 seasons SINCE Philadelphia has won a title, 25 years. Chicago, its been 3 years. The only reason they're all combined is because its been that long.

n193600158_30266861_5084.jpg

UserBar_CCSLC.jpg

Cubs - 100

Blackhawks - 47

Bears - 23

Bulls - 10

White Sox - 3

Yes but its been 100 seasons SINCE Philadelphia has won a title, 25 years. Chicago, its been 3 years. The only reason they're all combined is because its been that long.

Well then, by your logic, 3 years * 5 major professional teams = 15 years. Don't try to have your fake math both ways, unless you're planning a career in politics.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

If ya wanna get technical, it's only been 2 1/2 years.

And that Sixer team in '83 was the last Sixer team to DESERVE to win the title. ^_^

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Archived