2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

It appears as though Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Washington will both be wearing throwback uniforms at some point during the season. .....I'm not sure if there will be other teams wearing Hardwood Classics, but if I find out, I'll be sure to post it.

When the new Hornets jerseys were unveiled, they stated that they would wear ABA New Orleans Buccaneers jerseys at one point during this season.... Originally, they were slated to wear them during the 2005-06 season, but scapped those plans due to the Katrina-induced temporary relocation.

Interesting to note about those Zephyrs jerseys-- this will be at least the third time I can recall when a team honored its franchise past from a different city: Lakers wearing Minneapolis Lakers unis, the Sacramento Kings wearing Cincinnati Royals unis and now the Wizards wearing the Zephyrs unis from the franchise early days in Chicago....

have the 76ers ever worn Syracuse Nationals jerseys?

Yes.

sixers.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It appears as though Philadelphia, Cleveland, and Washington will both be wearing throwback uniforms at some point during the season. .....I'm not sure if there will be other teams wearing Hardwood Classics, but if I find out, I'll be sure to post it.

When the new Hornets jerseys were unveiled, they stated that they would wear ABA New Orleans Buccaneers jerseys at one point during this season.... Originally, they were slated to wear them during the 2005-06 season, but scapped those plans due to the Katrina-induced temporary relocation.

Interesting to note about those Zephyrs jerseys-- this will be at least the third time I can recall when a team honored its franchise past from a different city: Lakers wearing Minneapolis Lakers unis, the Sacramento Kings wearing Cincinnati Royals unis and now the Wizards wearing the Zephyrs unis from the franchise early days in Chicago....

have the 76ers ever worn Syracuse Nationals jerseys?

Yes.

sixers.jpg

The Clippers also wore Buffalo Braves throwbacks.

U687P6T12D2064916F44DT20060223123049.jpg

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Have the Nets worn New York Nets throwbacks? My mind says yes but my research is inconclusive.

edit:

015312853.jpg

NET76R32_W.jpg

Don't know if NJ repping NY is much of a stretch, but technically they are different places. I wonder if the NJ Nets wore these too in the early days? If so, forget I said anything.

The Nets wore those throwbacks in the Finals against the Spurs, if I recall correctly. I like them and all, but that seemed a weird place to wear them.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Have the Nets worn New York Nets throwbacks? My mind says yes but my research is inconclusive.

edit:

015312853.jpg

NET76R32_W.jpg

Don't know if NJ repping NY is much of a stretch, but technically they are different places. I wonder if the NJ Nets wore these too in the early days? If so, forget I said anything.

Indeed they did - right up until the tie-dye experiment, I believe.

KSNT86R20_W.jpg

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Stripes, they aren't showing the shorts.

Stripes only on the road unis it looks like, not on the home.

You used to hold me

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

-President Carter

I'm not convinced that there AREN'T pinstripes on the home unis. That video was horrible; it was really hard to see detail.

True, if they were blue pinstripes they wouldn't have shown up well. But it certainly didn't look like there were stripes.

You used to hold me

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

-President Carter

Archived