2008/09 NBA New Logos & Uniforms

ebsports

Bucks should have kept the same template as their home / road jerseys. The red one looks like it's trying to be all throwbackish, but with the modern lettering / numbering. Either go all-the-way throwback, or keep it contemporary. It's still a nice jersey though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Bucks jersey looks good, but it looks just like the Bulls red jersey. I think some kind of cursive script would look better on these (like a concept someone did here before, I can't remember whose it was.)

I had one like that here.

Honestly, though, the Milwaukee script on the red jersey looks really nice with the arch. I wasn't expecting that. I still love their current road uniforms, but they would be much better with the wordmark from the red (or the one in my concept, which is similar to the old Brewers one).

I expect ilwauk to buy one of these. He was complaining that he couldn't buy any jerseys that said "Milwaukee" on them.

Bucks should have kept the same template as their home / road jerseys. The red one looks like it's trying to be all throwbackish, but with the modern lettering / numbering. Either go all-the-way throwback, or keep it contemporary. It's still a nice jersey though.

Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

i like the new bucks alt (seriously, how did all of us miss that this was coming?!) but wish it was green -- i think it'd scream 'bucks' much more to me than red, which does kind of look like a bulls jersey as someone already mentioned

Check it out. Dustin Hoffman, 'Rain Man,' look retarded, act retarded, not retarded. Counted toothpicks, cheated cards. Autistic, sho'. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks, 'Forrest Gump.' Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That ain't retarded. Peter Sellers, "Being There." Infantile, yes. Retarded, no. You went full retard, man. Never go full retard. You don't buy that? Ask Sean Penn, 2001, "I Am Sam." Remember? Went full retard, went home empty handed...

i like the new bucks alt (seriously, how did all of us miss that this was coming?!) but wish it was green -- i think it'd scream 'bucks' much more to me than red, which does kind of look like a bulls jersey as someone already mentioned

Eh, what the hell?

We didn't miss that this was coming - we knew an alt was coming back in March, and pretty much figured that it'd be red. We just didn't haven't spent much time speculating on what it might look like in the last several months.

Anybody have the actual quote of the rule that no NBA team can have a black road jersey?

Am I missing something? Spurs. Blazers. Heat.

Thats what I thought but I could have sworn somebody said something about that.

Teams can't have black alternate jerseys. They can have black away jerseys if it's there regular one. But no alts, unless they get special permission, I guess, since the Raptors are getting one this season. Not sure on how they were allowed, but there was/is a rule about black alternates to curve teams from getting a one just to have a black alt. Mainly from when the Jazz had there's with the previous set, though black wasn't even one of their colors.

We didn't miss that this was coming - we knew an alt was coming back in March, and pretty much figured that it'd be red. We just didn't haven't spent much time speculating on what it might look like in the last several months.

ah... gotcha

i'm glad the shorts have more green trim, if what is posted on chris' site is in fact the real deal

Milwaukee failed when they didn't bevel the numbers as well. Looks too throwback/high-schoolish for my tastes. I think someone put it best, if they were gonna go for throwbacks, they should've went all the way. Now, it just looks awkward with the modern script but everything else coming from the 70s.

So yeah, Milwaukee's alt (though it's a nice surprise) get's a MEH from me.

Archived