Who to get? White Sox 1976-1981 throwback edition

spyboy1

If you could get one of these jeresys, worn from 1976-1981

al_1979_chicago.gif

What player name and number would you put on it?

Top choices are:

#28 - Wood

#44 - Lemon

#3 - Baines

#72 - Fisk

Two strikes against Fisk are that odd number 72 and the fact he only wore the jersey one year.

I'm open to other suggestions if you have any, but be warned, I'm not a fan of putting some completely obscure guy who only played 3 games.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

If you could get one of these jeresys, worn from 1976-1981

al_1979_chicago.gif

What player name and number would you put on it?

Top choices are:

#28 - Wood

#44 - Lemon

#3 - Baines

#72 - Fisk

Two strikes against Fisk are that odd number 72 and the fact he only wore the jersey one year.

I'm open to other suggestions if you have any, but be warned, I'm not a fan of putting some completely obscure guy who only played 3 games.

Come on! Those aren't strikes, those are the two reasons you should get #72 on the damn jersey!

I know you're like me - you like to have your jerseys as unique and "narrowed down" as possible - patches, one-year wonders, etc. Fisk it should absolutely be.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

I probably associate Chet Lemon more with that jersey than Harold Baines, but the Marylander in me says go with Baines.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Well, if you want to go the '77 South Side Hitmen route, you could always pick Eric Soderholm or Richie Zisk. Britt Burns and Steve Stone would be decent choices if you're looking for a pitcher.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Well, if you want to go the '77 South Side Hitmen route, you could always pick Eric Soderholm or Richie Zisk. Britt Burns and Steve Stone would be decent choices if you're looking for a pitcher.

Britt Burns was almost my write-in entry.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I probably associate Chet Lemon more with that jersey than Harold Baines, but the Marylander in me says go with Baines.

Same here, except I'm not from Maryland. I've just been to tons of Orioles' games in my lifetime. Go with Harold.

Although, Chet Lemon was the man in RBI Baseball, so he'd definitely be acceptable.

Archived