New Minnesota Timberwolves

TwinsTerritory

this is what they should do (minus the green of course):

[my previous image]

*apologies to Ian if this looks too similar to ur concept man, i'd never want to take anything away from u...im just piecing together what we've been shown to be the new components of the Wolves new look...

NAh, looks too much Dallas Mavericks, adding green on this logo is awesome.

like so?

wolves_needto.gif

this way (with a green bball instead of blue), they could be a green-dominant team with marketing/jerseys/etc.

I like it, but the green eye doesn't work - it blends in, rendering the whole thing black.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[my previous image]

*apologies to Ian if this looks too similar to ur concept man, i'd never want to take anything away from u...im just piecing together what we've been shown to be the new components of the Wolves new look...

like so?

wolves_needto.gif

this way (with a green bball instead of blue), they could be a green-dominant team with marketing/jerseys/etc.

I like it, but the green eye doesn't work - it blends in, rendering the whole thing black.

I'm seeing the eye as blue? I'll just add that I love the way the green was incorporated here. If only the Timberwolves had done this.

Any chance -- since I already incorrectly speculated on the yellow -- that the T-Wolves are going to go black, silver and white, with blue downgraded to trim and/or an alt to differentiate themselves from the Mavs? I realize the draft cap is blue, but as others pointed out, the Suns used black and that isn't really the focus of their scheme.

wolves_needto.gif

I LOVE IT!!! There is a way that can make it better IMO though.

1.Change the black outline to a green.

2.Change the Blue outline to silver.

3.Change the color of Minnesota to white.

4.Change the color of eye to silver and make it more of a circle. Right nows its about a 1/2 a circle but it looks odd to me. Make it about 2/3 to 3/4 of circle.

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

[my previous image]

like so?

wolves_needto.gif

I'm seeing the eye as blue?

Could be - either way, the white of the eye should be white.

wolves_needto.gif

I LOVE IT!!! There is a way that can make it better IMO though.

1.Change the black outline to a green.

2.Change the Blue outline to silver.

3.Change the color of Minnesota to white.

4.Change the color of eye to silver and make it more of a circle. Right nows its about a 1/2 a circle but it looks odd to me. Make it about 2/3 to 3/4 of circle.

It's all the borders around the wordmark that ruins it for me. Eliminate that excess and just present the words 'Minnesota' (in blue) and 'Timberwolves' (in green) in the same font, underneath the ball (now whole).

The old logo's much better, but I like that alternate logo. I guess the wordmark's cleaner or whatever, but the previous one was unique in sports. I have a feeling the uniforms are going to be boring and plain.

[my previous image]

like so?

wolves_needto.gif

My problem with that is if the night sky is green, something weird's going on.

I can't believe they're losing the green though. It really fit the team name and the area and it gave them a unique look in an increasingly identical league. How long until the entire NBA is wearing some variation of two-tone blue???

Like the aurora borealis?

AURORA BOREALIS? At this time of year, in this part of the country, has completely localized itself in your kitchen?

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

Dang you beat me to it... :P

The Aurora Borealis (Northern Lights) is known for being visible in Minnesota when the conditions are right.

That would be one of the most subtle, but clever designs ever, if it was purposely done like that.

Too bad there's no green. :cry:

| BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

i loike it better with the green ball. if the moon was behind the trees, then you would be able to tell their color anyways, they would be back because they would be backlit. i like that logo, but with a blue eye.

Picture21.png

i loike it better with the green ball. if the moon was behind the trees, then you would be able to tell their color anyways, they would be back because they would be backlit. i like that logo, but with a blue eye.

But wolves' eyes appear green when reflecting light.

2143.gif

AURORA BOREALIS? At this time of year, in this part of the country, has completely localized itself in your kitchen?

You call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled?

ESPNUAkron.jpg2002-2006 ALUMNI 2007-2009 ESPNUSeton.jpg

SKINN-ER!!!!

SKINN-ER!!!!

SEYMOUR!!! THE KITCHEN'S ON FIRE!!!

sportsbanner-single.jpg

SKINN-ER!!!!

SEYMOUR!!! THE KITCHEN'S ON FIRE!!!

No, mother. It's just the Northern Lights.

Archived