New Minnesota Timberwolves

TwinsTerritory

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the new secondary logo, but there's a definite WTF factor on the primary.

I call shenanigans (i.e. they're making the team intentionally bad to justify a move--something they couldn't do in the KG era) if the Wolves draft Brook Lopez. :D

Oh yeah, and I'd love to see a vectorized version of the new alt for my sig.

sportsbanner-single.jpg

I rather blue/green/grey then blue/black/grey. Why dont teams go for originality when it comes to picking team colors. I had the same problem with Atlanta last year when they switched to New Jersey's colors. As fas as the logo I have no problem with the secondary, though I think they could have done better. The primary is a downgrade.

I like the new secondary logo, but there's a definite WTF factor on the primary.

I call shenanigans (i.e. they're making the team intentionally bad to justify a move--something they couldn't do in the KG era) if the Wolves draft Brook Lopez. :D

Don't say Brook Lopez, please no... there is still a chance for Mayo.

edit: Oops, I mean of the Heat taking Mayo, leaving us Beasley. Or trading some of our SGs to move up to get Beasley, or Rose. Or take Mayo, jsut not Lopez!!!

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

I'd actually rather have Lopez than Kevin Love. And I'd rather have Mayo than both, of course.

You used to hold me

Tell me that I was the best

Anything in this world I want

I could posses

All that made me want

Was all that I can get

In order to survive

Gotta learn to live with regrets

-President Carter

this is what they should do (minus the green of course):

wolves_should.gif

*apologies to Ian if this looks too similar to ur concept man, i'd never want to take anything away from u...im just piecing together what we've been shown to be the new components of the Wolves new look...

I wholeheartedly agree, 100%.

wolves_should.gif

*apologies to Ian if this looks too similar to ur concept man, i'd never want to take anything away from u...im just piecing together what we've been shown to be the new components of the Wolves new look...

I wholeheartedly agree, 100%.

Awesome.

I agree they should definitely do that Conrad, it's so stupid how NBA teams keep doing this 'partial modernizing change' bullsht....get a real new design for goodness sake. And WHY in the FKC would you toss the green out of your color palette---when EVERY fking team has blue and black and silver in their damn scheme....green is so underused and yet such a good color...retarded i swear....

The new alternate looks like the phoenix coyotes mixed with the mavs. I don't know about everyone else but the "tweak" on the primary looks like we just got punked. If thats a tweak than its terrible. They should just drop the grey from the primary and do this:

A better tweak?

A bit rough I know, but the current primary can look good.

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

wolves_should.gif

NAh, looks too much Dallas Mavericks, adding green on this logo is awesome.

wolves_should.gif

Love it! It may look somewhat like the Mavericks, but that is almost for sure their alternate, so what you came up with is pretty solid.

I'm holding out judgement on the primary, since there doesn't seem to be any integration whatsoever between the wolf head and the wordmark. There has to be something else in the works there.

I'm with LMU. Something tells me this isn't the real deal because it's just too similar to their current logo.

I think I'll hold out until the Draft or a leak from NBAstore.com 'til I buy into this T-wolves primary.

6uXNWAo.png

As stated before, nice upgrade on the font itself. But they did a great job sucking out any uniqueness and character from their identity, by making the wordmark white and removing the trees. I guess they also feel their wolf no longer needs a neck, or any means of connecting it to the wordmark to make a cohesive logo. And to reiterate what I said in the other thread, it's inexcusable to eliminate green and still call yourselves the TIMBERwolves.

Generic, nondescript...BLAH.

Archived