2nd Winter Classic to involve Hawks/Wings at Wrigley

DaytonBlue

If it is then may the next year be @ Boston's Fenway Park, and pit the Bruins against the New York Rangers. I would have proposed the Habs, but they already played in the very first one against the Oilers.

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

If it is then may the next year be @ Boston's Fenway Park, and pit the Bruins against the New York Rangers. I would have proposed the Habs, but they already played in the very first one against the Oilers.

The Winter Classic is always going to have two American teams due to the fact that it's a special event for NBC, if the NHL was smart they would have a Canada only outdoor game for Hockey Day in Canada.

I have a feeling next year will be the Rangers v Bruins at the New Yankee Stadium, and 2010 will be the Pens and Flyers at Beaver Stadium in State College. I don't see the NHL going outside of the Northeast/Mid-West for this game due to temperature for ice making, fan interest and conflicts with bowl games in places like Dallas, Phoenix, and LA.

I think we now know the reason why Ty Conklin signed with the Red Wings. He's trying to get the jump on everyone for participating in the most outdoor games.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

It would be awesome if they did a faux-ivy look to dress up the outside of the boards. We all know the real ivy will be dead and you can't put in inside the rink for obvious reasons unless it's a board graphic. Ahh whatever. I just think of ivy when I think of wrigley.

I wonder what the sightlines for hockey will be like.

PvO6ZWJ.png

The Winter Classic is always going to have two American teams due to the fact that it's a special event for NBC, if the NHL was smart they would have a Canada only outdoor game for Hockey Day in Canada.

I have a feeling next year will be the Rangers v Bruins at the New Yankee Stadium, and 2010 will be the Pens and Flyers at Beaver Stadium in State College. I don't see the NHL going outside of the Northeast/Mid-West for this game due to temperature for ice making, fan interest and conflicts with bowl games in places like Dallas, Phoenix, and LA.

Didn't they already have an all-Canadian Winter Classic?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

yeah the very first one, with the Habs and oilers.

The only teams i really see ever hosting this thing is the Wild, Wings, Hawks, the canadian 6, the north east and atlantic divisions. i suppose its a trade off: the SEC country can monopolize the super bowl and Canada, North east and Midwest can monopolize the winter classic.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

This is going to be so freaking cold and windy. Nobody (sober) will be on the rooftops.

Anybody who's been to Wrigley in April wth the wind blowing in off the lake knows that. Brrrrr.......

Yes, we got our token.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Wild at TCF Bank Stadium/as yet unnamed under construction Twins ballpark

Hawks at Soldier (why Wrigley?)

Jackets at Jacobs, er Progressive Field

Pens at Heinz

Flyers at The Linc

Rangers and/or Devils at Giants

Bruins at Fenway/Foxboro