Indians vs Mariners on July 19

Braden

I was kinda surprised nobody has mentioned it yet. Mariners & Indians throwbacks.

(I don't remember the Indains having "Cleveland" on the road in those unis, but I could be wrong)

200807191904686975274-p2-660x660.jpg

20080719213331262164000-gyi-660x660.jpg

20080719205404540558000-gyi-660x660.jpg

Check it out... the M's went all out with batting helmets & undershirts.

20080719205238972474000-gyi-660x660.jpg

I used to be a big fan of those Indians unis. The Mariners... not so much.

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My favorite Cleveland look by far.

Love those side stripes.

Never have. Although, this is one instance where the baggier look makes a old design look better. Those stripes looked horrible with the skin-tight uniforms of the 80's, but not as bad with the looser fitting look.

I would say the complete opposite. Only George Henderick wore pants that long then, so seeing the stripe all the way down to the shoe just looks out of place. Stirrups, Stirrups, Stirrups. If you are going to wear a throwback, do it right.

savedpictures013-1.jpg

This is the best Indians uniform of my time. Expos has a similar strip. Long pants look fine, but stirups would have been better.

"Try not to have a good time ... This is supposed to be educational."

- Charles Schulz

viks.jpg

How about the big Chief Wahoo on the caps...nice to see the Indians didn't skimp and wear their usual home hats.

And these jerseys were in Major League II, though everyone is quoting the first film. The first Major League had Indians' jerseys without shoulder stripes.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

So two :censored:ty teams decide to wear throwbacks from a mere 20 years ago when nothing spectacular happened to either organization during that time period? Yeah, I'd say throwbacks have definitely gone too far...

Archived