The Thread of the Games of the XXIX Olympiad

Alphabet Man

Yep, that poor Vietnamese chick is going to be the new poster girl of why you shouldn't cheat because this is saying 'Even if you cheat... You still SUCK!'

Anyway, I guess the Women's Soccer Quarterfinal between the U.S. and Canada was delayed for a bit due to lightining. Either way, it's 1-1 right now.

• Replies 684
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow. I just watched Shawn Johnson and Natisa Liukin's performances in the AA finals. Holy :censored:, they can do some crazy stuff. Liukin was dominate on the uneven bars. Johnson had a perfect Floor Exercise too.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Olympic baseball is asinine. USA falls to Cuba by 1 run in extra innings and is now 1-2. This is the stupidest part. The "extra-innings" rule in Olympic baseball where, starting in the 11th, runners go to first and second and teams can start at any point in their batting order.

Olympic baseball is asinine. USA falls to Cuba by 1 run in extra innings and is now 1-2. This is the stupidest part. The "extra-innings" rule in Olympic baseball where, starting in the 11th, runners go to first and second and teams can start at any point in their batting order.

Yes, it's stupid, but did you ever think the IOC is trying to screw it up so badly that people won't miss it when they axe baseball (baseball and softball are being dropped from the 2012 Olympic program).

ASIDE: I heard on ESPN Radio today that Tug-of-War, Lacrosse, Croquet, and Polo were former Olympic sports...how cool.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Q: When does 6 + 0.01 = 7?

A: When it's Michael Phelps barely out-touching Serbia's Milorad Cavic in the 100m butterfly - after being next-to-last in the field at the halfway turn. Wow...

CCSLC signature.png

Michael Phelps is not just the best swimmer ever, but I think you can put him with Ruth, Jordan and Gretzky as the best athletes of all time.

He is the best Olympian ever. It has been really fun watching the best swimmer ever to live perform.

This last week has been one of the most exciting I've ever experienced in watching sports. Simply amazing. I find myself enthralled in games I never thought I'd care about: swimming, synchronized diving, beach volleyball (well, maybe I already cared about the women's ^_^ ). I'm kinda sad to see the swimming come to an end, though. It's been my favorite part so far, and I know track and field is starting, but the swimming portion has been so top notch and full of excitement that I wish it went the length of the games.

Archived