Change in Iowa uniforms?

GoDawgs08

according to the uniforms on NCAA 09 for Xbox 360, the Iowa Hawkeyes now have gold numbers intead of white numbers. now I know a video game shouldnt be the most credible reference for uniforms, considering we havnt heard anything about the change (at least I havnt), but all of the other uniforms on the game are pinpoint accurate. anyone aware of this? I cant find a picture, but everything else is the regular Steelers template, just gold numbers instead of white...thoughts?

temp.png

According to the developers of NCAA 09, it was a mistake by their design team - the numbers should have been white.

They also had Northwestern's facemasks mistakenly gray and SMU's helmets blue (instead of white).

There were a lot of other mistakes as well in several teams' uniforms.

923%5C362689.jpg

They also had Northwestern's facemasks mistakenly gray and SMU's helmets blue (instead of white).

Is it 100% positive Northwestern will stay with black facemasks?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

From media day:

whitehawks_medium.jpg

Every time I see Iowa's uniforms, I'm reminded what a terrible decision it was for Pittsburgh to adopt their italic numerals.

And every time I see Iowa's uniforms, I think "Steelers ripoff" and am reminded what a terrible decision it was for them to ditch the Apex banana peels.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Iowa got permission from the Steelers back in the late 70's to use the uniform. Hayden Frey wanted to change the program and to copy a winning NFL team.

As a fan of Iowa football I do like the uniforms that Jetsluvver posted.

As long as they don't change the helmet.

Maybe Iowa should do a ripoff of the Steeler throwbacks as a permanent uniform. All they'd have to do is slap the hawk logo on the sides of the helmet. I think it would be a good look for them. After all, Iowa did have a history of wearing gold helmets...

75th_Ward_2_75987.jpg

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

From media day:

whitehawks_medium.jpg

Every time I see Iowa's uniforms, I'm reminded what a terrible decision it was for Pittsburgh to adopt their italic numerals.

And every time I see Iowa's uniforms, I think "Steelers ripoff" and am reminded what a terrible decision it was for them to ditch the Apex banana peels.

Banana peels!

Maybe Iowa should do a ripoff of the Steeler throwbacks as a permanent uniform. All they'd have to do is slap the hawk logo on the sides of the helmet. I think it would be a good look for them. After all, Iowa did have a history of wearing gold helmets...

75th_Ward_2_75987.jpg

And remember: Iowa used not to have a regular marching band -- instead, it was a bagpipe band!

Why not go back to something like this?

state.jpg

psudwight.jpg

Why? Their Steelers-ripoff look nonetheless represents the best success of the program, as in Hayden Fry's four (losing) Rose Bowls. Since they got away from those, they haven't even been to the Rose Bowl, I believe.

Packers-2.png

Archived