Texas Rangers "tweaking" uniforms

mania

If I remember it correctly, every home jersey in baseball has the team's nickname and/or their cap logo on the front.

The Yankees and Blue Jays don't and Tampa Bay didn't from 2001-2007... there may be more outside located the AL East :P

Neither do the Tigers. :P

And the Diamondbacks... I think that's all of them

OK, but while the Yanks cap logo is different than the NY worn on the uniform...it's close enough to the point of the comment...same with Detroit.

And "Jays" "Rays" (01-07) and "D-Backs" while shortened, are still part of the nickname, not the city/state...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

If I remember it correctly, every home jersey in baseball has the team's nickname and/or their cap logo on the front.

The Yankees and Blue Jays don't and Tampa Bay didn't from 2001-2007... there may be more outside located the AL East :P

For home jerseys ...

NICKNAME: Arizona, Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago White Sox, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Colorado, Florida, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New York Mets, Oakland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa, Texas, Toronto, & Washington

CAP LOGO: Arizona (alt), Chicago Cubs, Colorado (alt), Detroit, New York Yankees, & Texas (alt)

ujsignature.png

For home jerseys ...

NICKNAME: Baltimore, Boston, Cleveland, Colorado, Florida, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New York Mets, Oakland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa, Texas, & Washington

UNOFFICIAL NICKNAME: Arizona

PRIMARY LOGO: Atlanta*, Chicago Cubs*, Chicago White Sox+, Cincinnati*, Toronto

TWEAKED CAP LOGO: Detroit, New York Yankees

*-primary logo includes team nickname

+-primary logo is also cap logo

fixed.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

For home jerseys ...

NICKNAME: Baltimore, Boston, Cleveland, Colorado, Florida, Houston, Kansas City, Los Angeles Angels, Los Angeles Dodgers, Milwaukee, Minnesota, New York Mets, Oakland, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, St. Louis, San Francisco, San Diego, Seattle, Tampa, Texas, & Washington

UNOFFICIAL NICKNAME: Arizona

PRIMARY LOGO: Atlanta*, Chicago Cubs*, Chicago White Sox+, Cincinnati*, Toronto

TWEAKED CAP LOGO: Detroit, New York Yankees

*-primary logo includes team nickname

+-primary logo is also cap logo

fixed.

Unofficial nickname, maybe, but a shortened version of the nickname it still is.

I remember the first picture I ever saw of the Rangers red was this one in Sports Illustrated.

canseco.jpg

At first glance I thought, when did Jose sign with the Angels? The fold of the jersey and the missing "R" made it look quite similar to the then current Angels look. (Never mind the red hat of course). So who copied whom? Sure, the Angels took it a step further later when they went to the all red look, but the Rangers actually copied the Angels back in 1994 with almost identical jerseys.

tim15salmon.JPG

All that said, I still think the Rangers red is the best look they have ever had. I didn't realize it at the time, but now I really miss the Angels look from then, too. I doubt they will ever change with their recent sucess, but if we could all just go back to 1994, things would look much better in my book (artficially bloated sluggers aside). ^_^

dbacks.gif mariners.gif

The Indians home alt vest from a few seasons ago (technically the cap logo was the "I").

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Indians home alt vest from a few seasons ago (technically the cap logo was the "I").

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Hmmm. I liked this one-year set ...

al_1983_texas_01.gif

... but I liked the red and blue too ...

al_1984_texas_01.gif

... and I thought Bobby Valentine just copied the Dodgers' unis ...

al_1986_texas_01.gif

... and I suppose you can tell that I hate gray.

This red looks quite a bit different from the Astros brick red. Of course, the Astros can eliminate the clash by going to ...

nl_1977_houston_01.gif

(Any way to make the last image blink?)

Packers-2.png

i'm a little embarrased to say this, but until that SI with Josh Hamilton on the cover came in my mailbox, I didn't even know the Rangers had a road vest. which if I'm not mistaken, happens to be their first TEXAS jersey with front numbers.

is it just me or does putting TEXAS on the home whites seem like a dumb idea waiting to happen? I mean, it aint like they're the Longhorns.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

If they wear it at home, it's a home jersey. He didn't say "every team's officially-designated-primary-home jersey"... :D

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I do not hate the color black, but I do hate drop-shadows, so I won't have a problem if they leave the Rangers uniforms. If the Rangers were to use the road vest as a template for a sleeved road jersey, they'd be much better off than they are now. A red alternate could be interesting. The current HOME vest is just a stupid design.

Archived