FSU overhauls Doak Campbell

FSUViking

I'm loving it. Hopefully sometime soon after I get out of (this desert) prison, I'll get a chance to go back to the Doak and take in another game there and experience this renovation firsthand. Miss them days...and yes, this is a marked improvement over the old field, in my eyes. Big time.

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Maybe a bit off topic, but does anybody know why FSU uses the goal posts with two posts ("H" shaped as opposed to "Y" shaped)? I thought that was just a high school thing. I didn't think any colleges were using them.

Have they always used them? I think I would have noticed that before.

Maybe a bit off topic, but does anybody know why FSU uses the goal posts with two posts ("H" shaped as opposed to "Y" shaped)? I thought that was just a high school thing. I didn't think any colleges were using them.

Have they always used them? I think I would have noticed that before.

To honor someone in the FSU family but I dont remember who.

The field looks cool, but I'm sad to see the old endzones go. I was partial to them, they were unique and very cool with the spear integrated into the writing. Still, this isn't a bad alternative.

This is exactly how I feel. I love the update overall, but those old endzones were classic. They were a part of the identity of The Doak. I'll always remember sitting in the student section, right by one of those endzones, in the magical season of '99. :cry:

17d39f21-957a-437b-8af3-d3e112b5259f.gif

The field looks great and that scoreboard is really nice. I like the new endzones better. They seem to make the field have more pop to it or something.

"The 0-2 pitch... SWING AND A MISS! STRUCK HIM OUT! THE PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES ARE 2008 WORLD CHAMPIONS OF BASEBALL!"

J M yoU wish you had a Duke Dog!

love the endzones..anyone esle notice FLORIDA has new endzones as well

I noticed it during their game against Hawai'i.

I liked both FSU and Florida's old endzones but the new ones are nice. That Garnet looks good on the field. I also like the banner that honors the former greats. SDSU does something similar to Qualcomm just to make it feel like a home field.

sig.jpg

I'll miss the spear going through the team names in the end zone

Yeah, that was my favorite part too, but the new one looks great too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived