NFL Uniforms

GoDawgs08

Cardinals- ditch the red pants please, all white and red on white looks great. a black alternate jersey would look awesome with white helmets and pants, but most people would argue it doesnt say Cardinals

Falcons- bring back the black helmet, black jersey, white pants look. I loved it. they stopped wearing it because Vick got hurt in them. well, Vick is gone...bring it back! They have done a good job lately of avoiding the black, red, black combo. Also put the same pants for home and away, because the piping is reversed for the road uniform. and red socks need to replace the black ones on the road set as well.

Ravens- I would have said black pants with road uniform, but today at home they pulled that look off (and I loved it). Ravens are good all around in my opinion

Bills- GET NEW UNIFORMS- or at least ditch the yoked road jerseys. I dont have a problem with the all navy set, or the all white set...though they rarely mix and match, I dont like either of the mix-matched sets.

Panthers- black pants for road uniform? just a suggestion. and pick silver or white pants...stop wearing both.

Bears- best uniforms in the NFL IMO...no problems. Even the Orange alternate looks sweet

Bengals- stop mixing and matching so much! they have all sorts of jerseys, pants, and socks and it gets rediculous! Pick 3 sets and stick with it...and get rid of the orange socks all together

Browns- love them! i would suggest a primary logo though...they dont have to put it on the helmet you know

Cowboys- lets get some consistency with the colors. I know they look classic, but I dont think evening out the color scheme would hurt...some fans may not even notice. Pick royal blue, or navy blue...and pick silver for the pants please!

Broncos- I dont have a problem with the Broncos...they started the swoop style striping, so they can have it as long as they want. I've always liked the Broncos unis.

Lions- I actually like the addition of black in the uniform. I love the lions uniforms, but make the numbers on the alternate jersey white or silver, and outline them with blue. The blue numbers on black background makes them look like a highschool team.

Packers- classic look, no stupid lines or anything, never change it!! but i wont lie staring at green and yellow can get annoying

Texans- stay away from the all red set and you have a great uniform. I wouldnt reserve myself to say white helmets would look great either

Colts- awesome uniforms, dont change anything about them

Jaguars- the away set doesnt go with the home set at all. change the away numbers back to teal, and the pants back to white for the road...(away uniforms really dont have teal on them at all)

Chiefs- I honestly dont like the Chiefs uniforms. Red and Yellow just isnt appealing. I dont know how you could change them though without causing trouble with the locals

Dolphins- keep doing what they are doing. the all white look is awesome!! aqua pants are bad, orange jerseys are bad...wear all white as much as possible.

Vikings- fix the piping so the stripes on the pants dont look so dumb with the jersey. I dont like the all purple look either. Purple pants look good on the road though. Piping is the main concern here

Patriots- great uniforms...but add a red alternate seriously!

Saints- ive seen some awesome looking white helmet, black jersey, white pants designs on here...with gold trim. I would love to see that happen some day

Giants- the away jerseys dont go with the home jerseys at all...different pants on the road than home...they need some attention...and the red jerseys look like PRACTICE JERSEYS!!!!!! I love both looks though, they just dont go together

Jets- love home and road uniform, stay away from green pants

Raiders- no problems in Oakland. A classic look

Eagles- i dont like the green pants with the black and grey stripe...I think the pants could change to a more basic triple stripe design. I like midnight green though!

Steelers- heres a thought, white pants for some dates?? draw it up, it looks good

Chargers- awesome uniforms!! They could maybe fix the fat outline around the design on the pants (take it away and let the bolt stand alone)...but I love the new uniforms!

49'ers- like the steelers, bring back some white pants to wear sometimes

Seahawks- I like how original their color scheme is. The bright green looks cool with the bluishgrayishgreeni...whatever it is...I honestly dont have a problem with these despite the criticism they receive.

Rams- stop wearing white pants and blue pants with the uniform, they dont go with the rest of the set at all. Either that or replace the regular stripes on the pants with a sleek piping

Buccaneers- love the uniforms...cant ever figure out that "pewter color"!! who can? but add a black alternate jersey please!!!!

Titans- THEY HAVE TO WEAR THE LIGHT BLUE WITH WHITE PANTS!! i would be a great set!! all other sets need to go away

Skins- no problems

temp.png

Steelers- heres a thought, white pants for some dates?? draw it up, it looks good

No - what needs to happen is to ditch those stupid italic numbers and bring back the block numbers of the Bradshaw era.

Otherwise NO CHANGES, period!

sig1.gif

Jets- love home and road uniform, stay away from green pants

IMO, I have no problem with the Jets' green pants when they're worn with the white jersey. I think it's a pretty sick look, to be honest.

However, the Jets logo patch on the left shoulder needs to go. It serves absolutely no purpose, and on most jerseys, it covers up the stripe, giving the uniform kind of an unprofessional and cluttered look.

6uXNWAo.png

In response to your falcons request. Matt Ryan has played amazing in those reds, so the might have on for a while.

The black jersey white pants should be worn at least once for the alternate dates though.

Let's hope that the one game that they are slated to wear the black jersey at home is year isn't one where he has a bad game.

Panthers- black pants for road uniform? just a suggestion. and pick silver or white pants...stop wearing both.

Panthers only have 2 pants sets- white for the whites, silver for the black/blues. Only once have they worn the EDIT:white jersey and EDIT:silver pants.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Panthers only have 2 pants sets- white for the whites, silver for the black/blues. Only once have they worn the black jersey and white pants.

Was it black jerseys with white pants, or white jerseys with silver pants? I don't recall ever seeing the black with white, but I thought that they did white with silver one odd time.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Panthers only have 2 pants sets- white for the whites, silver for the black/blues. Only once have they worn the black jersey and white pants.

The Panthers have never worn the black jerseys with white pants.

The Panthers uniforms, although a bit dated now, aren't bad. They are just mis-matched wrong.

The Panthers should wear the white pants, with the light blue jersey and light blue socks. The black jersey/silver pants combo is fine the way it is.

The Panthers also should add black pants, to be mostly worn with the white jersey. The blue on the white jersey would look good with the blue striping on the black pants.

The white jersey/white pants/blue socks look, needs to be de-emphasized. Maybe wear it for a game or two early in the season; but its a really soft look, for a team that prides itself on its toughness.

I am not aware of the Panthers having anything but white and silver pants. The white / silver looked good that time they closed the season that year at Indy.

Panthers should have a black helmet. Panthers are black. If they were worried about the logo sticking out, then trim it with say a 4pt carolina blue border and / or silver. Conversely, jaguars are gold (mostly) - go with a metallic gold helmet. After all, the original helmet was silver with a gold leaping jaguar (the NFL was sued by Jaguar claiming trademark infringment).

Falcons should have a red helmet with the updated falcon and red pants.

I wish that if Dallas was wearing blue in St. Louis, the Rams would wear their old whites - no gold, just the whites with the blue helmet and white rams horn.

By the way, doers anyone know where David Boss can be found? He was the creative genius behind a lot of the NFL's older logos, game programs, etc. What an era that was!

The ones that need a change IMO...

Bengals - make orange jersey the primary home jersey

Dolphins - wear the teal pants on road every week (I suppose they already are, we'll see...), also get rid of drop shadow on numbers

49ers - keep black outline, but get rid of drop shadow

Panthers - make blue jersey the primary home jersey

Patriots - create red alternate version of current uniform... no Pat Patriot, but still red

Rams - don't wear anything but the gold pants!!

Redskins - possibly reintroduce the 2002 uniforms from the 70th anniversary and make it primary (so as to at least sorta appease the PC folk, plus it looks cool)

Saints - ditch black pants. Possibly wear white at home for all games.

Steelers - possibly switch back to block numbers, though really they don't bother me that much

Texans - ditch all-red uniform. It looks awful.

Titans - ditch navy pants. Wear Columbia-on-white at home and white-on-Columbia on the road.

And to all teams other than the Cowboys, Dolphins and possibly Redskins unless they were to change their unis... WEAR DARK AT HOME!

espnsig.gif

Dallas paper say the Boys will be wearing their blue jerseys in St Louis this year. Do the Rams plan to wear white at home this year, or is this a "headgames" ploy?

Maybe the Rams anticipate there being so many Dallas fans in the building that they might as well dress for a road game. :wacko:

I doubt it's for throwbacks-since the NFL forbade them for the Rams.

Oh, and I also insist on burning the blue and white pants for aesthetic and karmic reasons.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Titans- THEY HAVE TO WEAR THE LIGHT BLUE WITH WHITE PANTS!!

i saw a local commercial earlier that had Rob Bironas in that exact combo,and man it look good!

Edit: Found the ad on YouTube

Titanswhitepants.png

Probably not the best capture from the vid, but shows the combo nonetheless. And it looks bee-utiful.

Archived