Player Statues

yoo

kinda sad, but these are the only statues outside the Rogers Centre. Fans, i suppose?

They really need to get a Joe Carter or Dave Stieb statue down near the fountain/plaza area.

I'd really like to see them put up a few... Carter hitting the WS homer, Alomar's pose after the 92 ALCS HR, maybe Stieb after his no-hitter, and a Tom Cheek one would be nice.

Joe Carter Suggestion

040706carter.jpg

If they put a Statue of Joe Carter in that pose, and putting up a Tom Cheek Statue, the Rogers Centre would get a whole lot better. But of course they changed the name so it wouldn't be the same.

4kv29i.jpg

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To me, the pack of Broncos symbolizes the team as a whole, and how they all run together.

SAPP-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

You'd lose that sense of team unity if there was a huge statue of Elway at the top of the stairs.

Elway looks more like a horse than one of the actual horses.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

SAPP-YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Eh, to each their own.

Elway looks more like a horse than one of the actual horses.

I'll give you this one - I was resisting the urge to make the same joke when I wrote it :P

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

Here is a pic of the Sportsmanship Statue outside Doak at Florida State,

sportsmanship-393x500.jpg

Here is Unconquered.

533299568_5bf7baa301.jpg

Jacksonville Jaguar statue.

486103584_9918c398f8.jpg

Years ago a kid got his head stuck in his mouth. They had to saw a tooth out to free the boy. Kind of funny if you ask me.

JAGUAR_BITE.jpg

Me and the young 'uns by the leopard statue at Lafayette College (at the top of a hill next to the stadium and basketball arena -- you walk down from the main part of campus to get to them). Pardon the dark picture (it was dusk when it was taken). On a more positive note, no one's head got stuck.

CIMG7572.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

• 2 weeks later...
(...)

The Longhorns have statues of Earl Campbell, Coach Darrel Royal (stadium is also named after him), and big dollar donor Joe Jamail at Royal-Memorial Stadium: (...)

180px-DKR_Joe_Jamail.JPG

LOL... Joe Jamail, the King of Torts!

You can see this guy in action here, taking a deposition. Lawyers and law students, take note, this is how they do it in TEXAS!

Archived