Player Statues

yoo

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bruce Hurst outside of Bruce Hurst Field in Saint George, Utah, his hometown.

Sorry about the double post, but why is this statue in a janitor's closet (or whatever)?

My thoughts exactly.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

In addition to all of the players, Comerica Park has a bunch of tiger statues all over... outside, on top of the scoreboard, etc.

comerica%20016.jpg

I'm not sure if this is true to real life, but I know that if you played with the Tigers in MLB 2K5 and you hit a homerun the eyes of the tigers on top of the scoreboard would light up orange.

PvO6ZWJ.png

herb_brooks-01.jpg

Herb Brooks outside the Xcel Energy Center

Man, does he ever look like Brian Mulroney!

268578326_c0712b7c49_b.jpg

Bernie Federko in the Keil Center. Theyre going to move it outside next season when they add the MacInnis statue.

142L.jpg

That is a very inaccurate statue of Al MacInnis!

In all seriousness, anyone in Montreal? One Thursday, they are supposed to be opening the new Centennial Plaza next to the Bell Centre, which is supposed to feature statues of many Canadiens legends, so you may want to check it out.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

herb_brooks-01.jpg

Herb Brooks outside the Xcel Energy Center

Man, does he ever look like Brian Mulroney!

268578326_c0712b7c49_b.jpg

Bernie Federko in the Keil Center. Theyre going to move it outside next season when they add the MacInnis statue.

142L.jpg

That is a very inaccurate statue of Al MacInnis!

In all seriousness, anyone in Montreal? One Thursday, they are supposed to be opening the new Centennial Plaza next to the Bell Centre, which is supposed to feature statues of many Canadiens legends, so you may want to check it out.

Thats the statue of Bernie Federko.

There's another bust of Hank Aaron in front of Carson Park in Eau Claire, where he started in the minor leagues. (The park is used by the Northwoods Eau Claire Express; I suggested the team be named the Hammers in Aaron's honor).

hank_aaron_001.jpg

And here's one of Bart Starr in Bart Starr Plaza outside the Resch Center, the arena about a half-block from Lambeau Field...

BartStarr.jpg

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

There's another bust of Hank Aaron in front of Carson Park in Eau Claire, where he started in the minor leagues. (The park is used by the Northwoods Eau Claire Express; I suggested the team be named the Hammers in Aaron's honor).

hank_aaron_001.jpg

Would have been a much better name. Add the historical connection, and it would have been perfect. Shame that they decided to go bush with the name.

And here's one of Bart Starr in Bart Starr Plaza outside the Resch Center, the arena about a half-block from Lambeau Field...

BartStarr.jpg

Nice. I'd like to see statues of the players whose numbers have been retired somewhere outside Lambeau itself, as long as they didn't interefere with the coaches' statues.

yes, the eyes of the Tigers on Comerica Park's scoreboard do light orange when the Tigers score a run.

I thought they blinked green after a tiger hr are at least they use to blink green. I went to a game a few years back and i swore they were blinking green

Archived