Top 10 Caps of Alltime

spamspamspamspam

We're going with the Majors here, even though the minors have had some good ones over the years. Please note that these are my opinions so don't go all rant on me, just leave your comments

Starting with Number 10 and going down.

10. Tampa Bay Rays (2008-Present)

pMLB2-4237762dt.jpg

To be honest, the only reasin why this made my list is because of how drastic of an improvement over Tampa Bay's previous caps. Besides that, I really like the color scheme of it. Not using the normal light blue like the Dodgers or the Cubs, or for that matter a navy blue, but a more grayish-dark-blue, at least I think that's what it's called.

9. Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers (193?-1957) (1958-Present)

pMLB2-108190dt.jpgpMLB2-3537495dt.jpg

These are on here because of how classic they are. The colors of blue and white are synonymous with the Dodgers.

8. Montreal Expos (1969-1991)

pMLB2-1338359dt.jpg

Commonly referred to as the "pinwheel hat" because of the colors, this hat has its share of detractors. Albeit, it's kinda corny and actually I consider the blue one better looking, but this one makes the list for being something creative and different in the baseball world.

7. Cleveland Indians (19??- Present)

pMLB2-3537308dt.jpg

Smiling Chief Wahoo with a red bill has been a symbol of Cleveland for many years. That's why it's on this list, as well as the fact that the dark blue and red compliment eachother well. (Note: I put the question marks in the date for two reasons. 1 Conflicting sources 2. This logo has been used on Indians hats in several forms over the years.)

6. Boston Red Sox (1975-1978)

pMLB2-109654dt.jpg

This hat only lasted three years, but it really was something new and different for the Red Sox. Instead of the normal Blue with red bill setup used by other teams, they went with Red with blue bill setup and it actually came out quite nice in my opinion.

Continues..

1909.png1925.png1960.png1971.png1979.png

1991copycopy.png

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Continued

5. Philadlephia Phillies (1997- Present)

pMLB2-1724173dt.jpg

This is an alt but it's still one of my favorites. Like the Red sox Cap, I really like the Red with Blue setup and I also like the star as the center of the "P".

4. Minnesota Twins (1961-1987, ??-Present)

pMLB2-2782472dt.jpg

This was the first cap to not have an initial for either of the team names, somewhat appropriate for the first Major League team to take up the name of a State and not a city. But also, like i've said earlier, I really like read, blue, and white setups, especially with a darker blue.

3. Los Angeles Angels (1962-1966)

pMLB2-2089519dt.jpg

Okay, I might be liking the blue-red thing too much. But they really do work quite well here. But the real reason this makes it to number 3 is because of the "halo" around the top. Really creative.

2. Pittsburgh Pirates (1977-1986)

pMLB2-1338368dt.jpg

Many teams in the National league tried this "pillbox-style" hat in 1976 to celebrate the league's centennial. The Pirates however, kept the style the next year but changing it to a more traditional Black-and-Gold, as opposed to the Gold-and Black. They also were one of the few who could really pull this kind of style off well.

And Finally it's number one....

1. Seattle Pilots (1969)

pMLB2-1338321dt.jpg

I can't think of where to start here. The Blue-and-gold, the bar, the epilets, it's all so perfect. Too bad the Pilots only lasted one yeat though. Can you image what an updated version of this would look like today? In fact, if anybody's willing, I'd like to see someone's opinion of what the Pilots would look like if they were around today.

And there you have it. Please comment with ypur opinions and disagreements if you have any.

1991copycopy.png

Yankees?

Old Blue Jays?

Brewers (Ball-in-Glove)?

That last one I actually considered, but eventually dismissed from the list because the only reason that I could think og gor liking it was the logo.

As for the Yankees, I don't know.

The Blue Jays, that really wasn't that great in my opinion.

1991copycopy.png

Other than the fact that it's mostly wrong, I like your list. It should read like this...

Put these in any order you like. These teams have the best hats.

Dodgers (LA and Brooklyn)

Giants (SF and NY)

Cardinals

Yankees

Tigers

Expos

Red Sox

Angels (any one but the "winged A" really)

Twins (TC version only)

Pirates (with the exception of the pillbox)

Mets (Blue only)

BB52Big.jpg

Yankees?

Old Blue Jays?

Brewers (Ball-in-Glove)?

That last one I actually considered, but eventually dismissed from the list because the only reason that I could think og gor liking it was the logo.

As for the Yankees, I don't know.

The Blue Jays, that really wasn't that great in my opinion.

Really you like that Expos one but not the old Blue Jays?

Maybe cause you're an Expos fan? :P

955022814_e38b2ac573.jpg

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

You can't have a top 10 list of caps without the Yankees.

And this is a Red Sox fan talking.

Ok, Ok. I admit I suck. The Yankees hat is good.

Well, you don't suck, first off. Actually, it's my bad. I thought this was an official list or something, but I misread and saw that it's just your opinions. Therefore, I respect what you put down. Takes a lot of guts to not include a Yankees hat, but if you don't like it, you don't like it. If you do, you do.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Worth some consideration (maybe not the aqua sox)

And i wish this was still a permanent cap for the O's one of the best

hwl.jpg

Maybe not the nicest looking but definitely one of my favorites the Everett Aqua Sox

NE-POPEVEAQU_Blue_front.jpg

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

And there you have it. Please comment with ypur opinions and disagreements if you have any.

Your sig is too f'ing big.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Phillies should say (1997-2007)

Right, and it's probably my least favorite cap they've ever worn.

If I were to rank Phillies caps, my list would go:

1. 1949 1949phi.jpg

2. 1948 1948phi.jpg

*note that I don't think the P is accurate on this pic - I think it should look closer to the 1949 version.

3. 1950s / 60s 1950phi.jpg

4. 1970s / 80s 1980phi.jpg

5. 1935? phi19351.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Rays? I don't think that hat deserves to be in the top 10. Like other have said the Yankees and/or Tigers should be in there. I would also argue for the Royals and the A's.

You can't argue with a man's opinion - it's just what he likes.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Other than the fact that it's mostly wrong, I like your list. It should read like this...

Put these in any order you like. These teams have the best hats.

Dodgers (LA and Brooklyn)

Giants (SF and NY)

Cardinals

Yankees

Tigers

Expos

Red Sox

Angels (any one but the "winged A" really)

Twins (TC version only)

Pirates (with the exception of the pillbox)

Mets (Blue only)

Can't argue too much with this, though the original Blue Jays, and pretty much any Orioles except the "O's" is good, the A's caps with the yellow brim are excellent, the Philly maroon caps, and of course the all red caps of Cincinnati are classics. Two guilty pleasures of mine, the Marlins teal caps and the Mariners teal cap.

Ooh, look, yet another "I'm new here so I want to know what everyone's favorites ___ is!" thread.

Ooh, look, wrong forum... *moves*

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived