mls cup 2008

Krona

That third logo is interesting, a bit congested but I understand the point of representing each club on the map. Did they really need to tuck it all the way down there? Wonder what the map looks like on the new trophy.

Edit: 400th post.

interesting how they have mexico so prominently displayed on that third logo...any indication of future expansion plans or just expanding the fan base?

Fan base, only remotely since Mexico already has a structured futbol league, such as the Primera and on. MLS clubs do play against Mexican clubs in the SuperLiga, Champions League, (perhaps one other?). Also, I've heard that there are 7 candidate bids for two more expansions in the future:

Atlanta, led by Falcons owner Arthur blank. Youth soccer is booming there, and there's an influx of foreigners from soccer-mad countries.

Miami, led by FC Barcelona and Miami resident Marcelo Claure, who owns the country's largest Hispanic business. The city's demographic changes should help.

Montreal, led by the Saputo and Gillett families, the latter of which owns the Montreal Canadians and a share of Liverpool.

Ottawa, led by Eugene Melnyk, who owns the Senators.

Portland, led by the Paulson family, who owns the very well-supported USL Portland Timbers.

St. Louis, led by Jeff Cooper _ with better funding than the citry;ds and enjoying a long history as one of the homes of soccer in this country.

Vancouver, led by USL champion Whitecap owner Greg Kerfoot as well as NBA star Steve Nash and former Yahoo owner Jeff Mallett.

interesting how they have mexico so prominently displayed on that third logo...any indication of future expansion plans or just expanding the fan base?

Fan base, only remotely since Mexico already has a structured futbol league, such as the Primera and on. MLS clubs do play against Mexican clubs in the SuperLiga, Champions League, (perhaps one other?). Also, I've heard that there are 7 candidate bids for two more expansions in the future:

Atlanta, led by Falcons owner Arthur blank. Youth soccer is booming there, and there's an influx of foreigners from soccer-mad countries.

Blank's trying to get an MLS team in here?

Sweet. If that happens then they've got a fan in me already. A franchise led by Blank is going to be well taken care of. Hell, I just want a team in the southeast to root for. I'd pull for a Miami team as well. Just put a team in the south!

Sweet. If that happens then they've got a fan in me already. A franchise led by Blank is going to be well taken care of. Hell, I just want a team in the southeast to root for. I'd pull for a Miami team as well. Just put a team in the south!

Well they did try before with teams in Tampa Bay (the Mutiny) and Miami (the Fusion). Though anything is possible and one of the principle owners of the theoretical Miami club are FC Barcelona is gaining credibility plus putting a stadium NEAR the population this time around could deflate the chances of putting a team in the ATL (for now).

Here's hoping that Real Salt Lake wins tomorrow.

I hope so because having New York representing the western conference just doesn't sound right ^_^

as a long suffering MetroStars/RBNY fan, i'd really want them to win (of course) but yes, NY as a Western Conference champ makes no sense at all no matter how you spin it.

I hope so because having New York representing the western conference just doesn't sound right ^_^

as a long suffering MetroStars/RBNY fan, i'd really want them to win (of course) but yes, NY as a Western Conference champ makes no sense at all no matter how you spin it.

Well, it happened. New York is your Western Conference champion :D

I saw, I came, I left.

Apparently, there's a "Conference crossover" rule (a la Canadian Football League) in Major League Soccer.

For more, see here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MLS_Cup_Playoffs#Qualification

YOZXkBG.png?1

Apparently, there's a "Conference crossover" rule (a la Canadian Football League) in Major League Soccer.

For more, see here:

Well, you would think that those of us that were talking about it already knew that.... :P

I saw, I came, I left.

*coughSilverbackscough*

I'm just sayin'.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

For more, see here:

What, then, is the point of having conferences?

Archived