Time for the Rams to ditch the blue pants

DJSpeedy

I know I stand alone, but I hate the gold pants. There are a few teams that plain gold pants work for... like Notre Dame.

But for a brand new team identity(and while 8 years or so in NFL terms is a lifetime, it still feels like those sets are bastardizations of a much better look), stripe-less gold pants just do not work. Even just a blue stripe, to mimmick the horns on the jersey, would work.

More like, time for Rams to ditch navy blue and new century gold and go back to the colors when they won the Super Bowl: royal blue and gold.

Couldn't agree more.

And it's time for the Rams to get new front office management and get rid of Jim Haslett. Rams had a terrible defense when he was coordinator and his short-term magic as head coach obviously is over.

I know I stand alone, but I hate the gold pants. There are a few teams that plain gold pants work for... like Notre Dame.

But for a brand new team identity(and while 8 years or so in NFL terms is a lifetime, it still feels like those sets are bastardizations of a much better look), stripe-less gold pants just do not work. Even just a blue stripe, to mimmick the horns on the jersey, would work.

Gotta disagree with you here. I think that the Rams are the only team in the NFL that can get away without stripes on their pants (the gold ones, which should be worn full time.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Gotta disagree with you here. I think that the Rams are the only team in the NFL that can get away without stripes on their pants (the gold ones, which should be worn full time.)

And I'll agree with TheVet here, the gold pants are simple and effective. Blue on blue is too much, and white on blue isn't enough. Blue and gold look great together, and we should wear the gold pants all of the time.

More like, time for Rams to ditch navy blue and new century gold and go back to the colors when they won the Super Bowl: royal blue and gold.

Couldn't agree more.

And it's time for the Rams to get new front office management and get rid of Jim Haslett. Rams had a terrible defense when he was coordinator and his short-term magic as head coach obviously is over.

Shoot they need new owners before they get rid of the front office. Then they need to crash the team charter so they can rebuild through the NFL's disaster draft plan.

Oh, and gold pants. Please.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

You are definitely not alone. I can't stand the boring ass gold pants. You took a unique color combination and muted it to go along with the the horrible lighting in a dome. It's like watching a dream sequence when they play at home....or if you're a Rams fan...a nightmare sequence.

rams3_zps8ezugnuj.jpg

Chip and Lucia the team owners like the blue on white at home and white on blue on the road I wish they would either fix the stripes on the blue and white pants or wear the gold ones full time.

There is the first problem. Looney-ass owners, should have NO say on what the players wear on the field. Just sit there in your private box, sign the checks and pretend to know football.

The Rams should continue to mix and match their looks. Since Coach Haslett has come on board, they have stuck with the blue pants on the road. One of the few good things that Linehan did, was wear different combos.

They have worn the gold pants once all year (at Seattle). That is pretty weak.

And, this team would suck, no matter what they wore. So, that is no excuse either.

im of the belief that if the owner(s) have strong opinions on the uniform--they should be able to express them and even make their preferences part of what is getting done. they pay everyone, why not?

that said--if the rams owners love the blue so much--take it a step further. go back to white helmet blue horns (or opposite if it looks better)...i loved that look back in the old LA days and with their obsession with the blue pants, id be curious to see how that could look with a modern set.

my two cents..

everton.png

The Seahawks get pantsed in pretty much every game they play this year, so that leaves the Cardinals as the only team in the division that hasn't engaged in pants-ditching this season.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Chip and Lucia the team owners like the blue on white at home and white on blue on the road I wish they would either fix the stripes on the blue and white pants or wear the gold ones full time.

There is the first problem. Looney-ass owners, should have NO say on what the players wear on the field. Just sit there in your private box, sign the checks and pretend to know football..

They own the team; they have the right to put their team in pink and lime green, if they want. Quick, someone make a concept!

And, this team would suck, no matter what they wore. So, that is no excuse either.

Now that, I agree with!

uta-big-sam-little-uta.png

I may be in a minority amongst fellow Rams fans, but I like the look of the navy on white and white on navy. My main qualm is over the inconsistant striping of the two. And also navy socks with navy pants. But I've grown a little tired over the years of solid gold pants every single game. While I do like that look, I just think it's nice to see a change of pace with the pants.

IMO,Blue on gold only,blue would look good with stripes tho,The white look good with all the pants

but blue on white :cursing: ,hate them........the gold numbers make it look akward,would not be surprised to see a jersey change next year

yoo3.png

IMO,Blue on gold only,blue would look good with stripes tho,The white look good with all the pants

but blue on white :cursing: ,hate them........the gold numbers make it look akward,would not be surprised to see a jersey change next year

I would. Considering the likely changes to inheritance tax laws under Obama, Chip and Lucia are going to have different, non-sartorical fish to fry.

(Which is not a bad thing in my estimation.)

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived