Buc's NFL Revolution

tBBP

Seahawks- Kind of lateral. In that they're not a downgrade or an upgrade.

Rams- Perfection. The old colour scheme really works well with the new striping pattern, and the single outline on the horn is genius.

EDIT- I just noticed that you modified the sleeve striping to match the St. Louis Arch. Very cool.

Jets- Again, perfection, at least as far as the uniforms go. I applaud the use of the kickass alternate logo on the helmets. I would just make that the primary, and leave the "JETS" to the wordmark.

Patriots- As a fan of the Flying Elvis look they had before they went to the current setup, I love these.

Chargers- My least favourite of the bunch, and I would say your first downgrade. I really don't like the gradients, and I feel taking away the contrasting sleeve panels takes away from what could be a colourful set. Further, I'm a fan of the Bolts in white helmets, and I feel the powder blue highlights really do make the current set "pop."

Plus you kept one of the few things from the current set that I don't like; the custom number font.

All in all, keep it up. I can't wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the league.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pats - Can't say I'm a fan. Something just seems really empty on the jerseys. The shoulder striping isn't a bad idea, but I think the sleeves are lacking something. Maybe even move the numerals from the shoulders to the sleeves and move the shoulder stripes a little more to the collar.

Chargers - I like that you utilized the navy a lot (I too am a big fan of their navy stuff) but I don't like the gradient. It just looks amatuer, AFLish. I like the wordmark and the return of the shield horse though.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Love 'em both! I would buy 3-4 Chargers dark jerseys if these were the changes (maybe make a cool cape or something out of one of them).

The Patriots uniforms are a sleek improvement using elements from the logo rather then odd striping and whatnot they currently use.

Again, keep em' coming!

peshtigobloglogocc.jpg twittericonkingslut.gif

• 1 month later...
I'm back, yet again.

I think it's been something like two months since I last posted a concept set in here, and I told myself then I was going to take a break from doing this for a while. But y'all know how creative inspiration is...sooner or later, the urge always wins.

Having said that, I got a nice little DOUBLE feature for y'all here...one that literally came together out of nowhere, and one that I've dusted off, cleaned up, and transposed to my newer templates. So let's get back into the Revolution here.

"AMERICA'S" TEAM: THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

Before I even get going with this here...let me say that I thought I'da been the LAST person up in here to do up a concept set for, of all teams, the Patriots. But, you know how sometimes you'll just be sitting somewhere or looking at something and then BOOM!--out of nowhere an idea just formulates? Well that's what happened to me with this set. This all came together for me (the uniform design, at least) literally in about an hour! (Took longer to actually complete the set, however.)

Basically what I wanted to do here was simplify things--that is, nix out all the unnecessary details from the current Pats set (read: the silver shoulder "stripes", the side panels with red piping). The other thing I wanted to do was to try to combine different features from all the different Pat uniform eras into a new "modernized" yet simplified design--with an extra twist. So with that said...

...I didn't do anything new or different to the logo package. In fact, I didn't even include the "NE" logo that I've seen pop up at various places (though that's chiefly because i couldn't find a large enough logo to trace). I did, however, keep the current number style, except I cut the silver stroke out of them, leaving only the solid number and one outline. I did come up with a very interesting idea for the uniform striping, however--or at least it's interesting to me. Some of you may have noticed how I like to take simple details like striping but do crazy thing with it--controlled chaos, in a way. (It fits into my idelogy of design: complexity within the confines of simplicity.) That said, what I did was use the Flying Elvis as inspiration without actually using the Elvis--you'll see what I mean. What I did was turn the Elvis into a sort of abstract striping pattern. Shoulder stripes return to the jerseys as a nod to the Pat Patriot era uniforms (which is also why I moved the TV numbers back to the sleeves). Oh, and I lightened up the navy just a little bit to get away from the drabness of the current navy and push the overall look closer to the mid-90s Apex One Patriot sets. (Squint your eyes, and you'll see elements of that jersey design in this current one--minus the subliminated flag pattern.)

Overall, I think this uniform design is fairly simple and straightforward, yet with a certain modernized "edge" that will certainly make it stand out amongst other uniforms. Some may think this is a set better suited for either an All-Star team or some team named the Generals or Federals or something like that. I think it'd be a nice way for the Pats to update.

Here it all is for y'all to check out.

[iMAGE]

[iMAGE]

Okay...so there's that set. Feel free to leave your C&C for me on this here!

But for now...

I just now realized I've been holding onto updates of this set for quite some time now and never posted them.

I finally found a version of that Patriots secondary big enough for me to try to re-create, so I added it here. I also went on ahead and completed a player model (action) rendering of this concept set...with a little bit of a surprise thrown in just cuz I felt like doing it. :D

So here's the New England Patriots set once more for y'all.

NEpatriotsstyleguidelogosheet2.png

NEpatriotsstyleguideuniforms.png

NEpatriotsstyleguideaction.png

I've got some other stuff in the works--and have had in the works for a long time, which is part of why I haven't posted in this forum in quite some time. (Actually, in addition to having been home on leave, spending time with my little princess, and work levels ramping up over here, I'm actually undergoing a bit of a personal rebranding initiative.) I'm still undecided on whether or not I want to post this Cleveland Browns set I've been sitting on for the past several weeks or so. I may or may not do so...depends on how I feel about it, since along with it comes some of the other stuff I have been and am currently testing out (some of that "personal rebranding" stuff). In the meantime, enjoy the Patriots update.

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

i really love the Rams concept. those colors look amazing. i also like what you've done with the Pat's stripes. they look very fast. more blue makes sence too

edit- now that i think abut it, there are some personal taste things i would change about the ST Louis one. id like to see the stripes on the jersey continue down the side and connect to the pant stripe. which is a little too old school for this design i think. maybe if the pants stripe ended in a horn sort of way. or maybe wraped around the knee a little.

the stripe on the yellow jersey throws me off. i think it should be like the other ones. on the blue jerseys, the shoulders could be filled with white.

i think you should include a throw back too. the old blue/white unis of the Fearsome Foursome were great. but those are all personal taste things :)

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

Okay...now that "Patriot Day" is over...

...I guess I'll gon' and do this here.

REMAKE BY THE LAKE: CLEVELAND BROWNS

Let me start off by saying that I originally wasn't going to post this. For that matter, I wasn't even going to complete this here concept, since it's nothing new, innovative, or groundbreaking. But, at the same time, I couldn't get the idea out of my head, and curiosity got the best of me, so I went on and finished it out, and after much internal debate, I guess I'll gon' and put this one out there. (This also comes with a bit of an update to my own "brand"...which may end up getting scrapped altogether.)

Anyway...on to this here concept.

I think this is the third or fourth Cleveland Browns concept I've come up with. This one is more of an "update" to my last one (which right now I'm too lazy to search for)...with a bit of a twist. Like I said, nothing innovative or groundbreaking, but I still feel it's different enough from the current look to be noticed.

To start off...it ain't no kind of secret that the Browns really ain't had a "brand identity" since, well, ever. The team has three logos, none of which really serve as the team's "primary" logo, and for years, many people have advocated for some type of identifying mark for the Browns to use on their helmet rather than look at the blank one they have now. Well, I gave up trying to do that long ago--in fact, one could say that, for all intents and purposes, their blank helmet (which I think is an "Ohio thing"--see the Ohio State Buckeyes), is their "brand" identity, so I played off that and created a new "primary logo" of sorts. With it also comes a bit of a script mark update, as well. I've also implemented some new jersey numbers--a bit of a thicker varsity classic style. Most people associate the varsity classic numbers with the Cowboys, but I also remember the old Browns using those same type of numbers for a little while, and plus, it helps keep an "old school" image here. The aim was to take the "old" elements and make it appear a little "fresher".

What I've attemped to do with the actual uniforms here is try to change things up while still keeping an "old-school look and feel". However, it wouldn't really be a "concept" if some major change wasn't made. As a result, I've scrapped the white pants completely. I remember a period from I believe the late '70s on into the '80s when orange pants were used--and, from the accounts I remember, many fans loved them (and some want to see them return). Add to that this nugget...I believe that's also the era in which the Browns have had the most success post-merger, so why not bring them back? That's what I did here. (Pop quiz--without using the 'net, when's the last time the Browns actually won a division title???) I've also added a set of brown pants to be used as alternates. Don't worry--they're striped. And speaking of which, I've looked to unify the striping throughout--light/dark/light, which to me presents a little bit of a more aggresive appearance. What that means is that the striping on the helmet is reversed now (and oh by the way, the facemask is also now brown), and that same pattern is on the orange pants. On the home jerseys, it goes white/orange/white (and by the way, they're up on the shoulders now, since sleeves are fast becoming a thing of the past)...same with the brown pants. I looked to make the road jerseys exactly opposite of the home jerseys, so the striping's a little different.

Aiight--enough yapping. Here's my concept set for the Cleveland Browns...see what y'all think of it.

CLEbrownsidpackage.png

CLEbrownsuniforms.png

CLEbrownsuniforms2.png

CLEbrownsaction.png

Here it is. Have fun with it.

~Buc

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

The Pats look really nice, but I feel like they need some color on the collars or a wordmark over the numbers. That area looks really empty for some reason.

The Browns unis look slick even though I was half expecting something more adventurous after reading what you said after never having an identity. These don't really leave an impression on me to be honest.

CONCEPT REVISITED: NEW YORK JETS

So now let's get to the logo package....Actually, I was reluctant to even use this logo, due to possible negative connotations some may have by putting "New York" and "jet" together, especially considering what else I've done with this logo. Some kind of way, I really wanted this to represent New York, so I stole an idea from the New York Mets and utilized an outline of the New York skyline. What you'll see is a jet taking off over New York city--just like the LaGuardia airport, from which the Jets actually derived their name (or so I've been told). Once I finally figured out how to render it to look how I wanted it, I ended up liking it so much I went on ahead an made it the helmet logo--we'll see how that one goes over on y'all.

Gotta say, I like the Jet/skyline thing. Very original for a football team. Only thing I'd do differently is to make it bigger, so it almost covers the entire half-hemisphere of the helmet.

As for the numbers, last time I used some sheared numbers to try to replicate the look of the JETS wordmark; I've done the same this time, except I've made them more of a block shape, to kind of keep more in line with the JETS wordmark.

Works for me - kinda futuristic in a minimalist sort of way. Only thing I would change is the outline on the numbers. It needs to be more easily viewable. It's too thin. Needs to be thicker, maybe 2x.

Edge's overall rating (just something we do to keep the show together, the grade really don't matter B) ): A-

Chargers darks look good. Power blues look pretty doggone authentic to me....rating: A

Patriots: Stripes goooooooooood. Grey baaaaaaaaaaaad. Gotta be more silver in their identity (hey - that's a New England problem, not yours....)....rating: A

Browns: Clan, polished, in short, doggone near perfect (sorry for the pun, I was barking up the wrong flea....)...rating: A+

Seahawks: meh, bout the same as now....rating: B

Rams: see Seahawks....rating: B-

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

Browns: I like the orange pants, not a fan of the facemask or the stripe pattern, but other than that, not a bad concept at all.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Top notch work on these...really like the return to classic colors with the Rams and the Patriots unis are clean. Would love to see a Cardinals set in the future...hopefully with no yellow!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Great job on the Browns concept. Kinda reminds me of Syracuse. Love the addition (or revival) of the orange pants. Not sure if I like the brown pants, but I guess they're not terrible (I actually kinda like the monochrome set).

There's really nothing in the entire set that I'm totally against, which probably means you did a good job (that coming from a Browns fan).

I think a white facemask would be better, but I could live with a brown one.

A+

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

Wanna thank all who've commented thus far. For now, let's press on with yet another update from the past.

CONCEPT REVISITED: NEW YORK JETS

For the longest time now, I've been working and reworking a beta version of my previous concept draft for the New York Jets. My first go-round looked like this here, from this here thread (the update to that original's in there, as well). That go-round, my aim was to keep the current overall look while adding a few modern touches to sorta kinda bring it into the new century here.

Well...for this here draft, I really didn't stray too far from that formula.

My main objective with this package was to create something distinctive for the Jets. Sure, we all know they wear green, have contrasting-colored sleeves on their jerseys (with a single offset stripe looped around it), and the like, but still...at least to me, the look is rather generic. While I do like the base look of the uniform (color arrangement, in other words), to me, it just doesn't say "Jets", so what I've attempted to do here is inject some sense of motion into the look of the Jets, while still keeping the overall look in line with their current traditional guise. In short...I've attempted to give the Jets an actual identity here.

The first thing I'll mention is this: when I set back to redo this several months ago, I had several ideas I wanted to play with here, and one of those was the use of double-green. Would only make sense for a team nicknamed "Gang Green", right? So, I've eliminated any and all traces of black and replaced it with what looks to be a silver-green. (In actuality, it's a 35% shade of the actual base green color, which I've also tweaked a bit for this set.)

So now let's get to the logo package. I'll be blunt: the current Jets logo is pathetically generic and plain-jane boring. At least the Kotite-era Jets' logo had some sense of life to it, so, just like last time, I revived that logo/wordmark--but with a certain few tweaks that probably won't even be noticed unless you break it down with a ruler and a protractor. For good measure, I've also added "New York" in all caps, sheared at the same angle as the word "JETS", underneath the bottom. As was the case previously, that logo (the "JETS" by itself) is enclosed in an oval shape. Now, this go-round, I've also managed to finally develop a disctinctive secondary logo that actually accomplishes what I tried so feverishly hard to do last time...encompass something of a stylized jet. Actually, I was reluctant to even use this logo, due to possible negative connotations some may have by putting "New York" and "jet" together, especially considering what else I've done with this logo. Some kind of way, I really wanted this to represent New York, so I stole an idea from the New York Mets and utilized an outline of the New York skyline. What you'll see is a jet taking off over New York city--just like the LaGuardia airport, from which the Jets actually derived their name (or so I've been told). Once I finally figured out how to render it to look how I wanted it, I ended up liking it so much I went on ahead an made it the helmet logo--we'll see how that one goes over on y'all. As for the numbers, last time I used some sheared numbers to try to replicate the look of the JETS wordmark; I've done the same this time, except I've made them more of a block shape, to kind of keep more in line with the JETS wordmark.

As for the uniforms, I didn't see the need for fixing what wasn't really broke, so I kept the base look the same. The one thing I did do was trade out the double-green stripes for a single wide green stripe bordered by the lighter silver-green (and on green backgrounds, white bordered by the lighter green). The numbers (and shoulder stripe) are also trimmed in silver green, as well as the single stripe on the white socks (still not sure if I should have went with double stripes on those or not...y'all tell me what y'all think.) Both home and away jerseys are interchangeable with white or green pants. No alternate uniform with this set here. (And no, I'm not even tryna do a New York Titans draft, so don't even ask. ^_^ )

IMO, this set keeps the traditional look the Jets have had for quite some time now, yet has enough modern touches to freshen the overall look--a look that, in my eyes, now actually says "Jets" rather than "a football team nicknamed the Jets", if that makes any sense. It appears more streamlined now, as well.

But that's all my opinion...so here now, I present my revisted New York Jets concept package...

NYjetsstyleguidelogosheet.png

NYjetsstyleguideuniforms1.png

NYjetsstyleguideuniforms2.png

NYjetsstyleguideaction.png

Okay, folks...C&C this thing away...and holla back!

~Buc

Nice work on all of the redesigns. But was anyone reminded of this when seeing hits Jets remake?

orlando-breakers.gif

gYH2mW9.png

Nice work on all of the redesigns. But was anyone reminded of this when seeing hits Jets remake?

orlando-breakers.gif

I can honestly say I wasn't reminded of that. :D

I actually was reminded of that. I like the design quite a bit, but thought "oceanic" when I saw the circle/swoosh logo on the helmet.

Archived