2009 Minor-League Baseball Logo Unveilings

Brian in Boston

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hate the large lower case "S" they are using in the Stockton script. I'd be happier with a capital "S" in its place.

Agreed. Looks too much like an A, and if that's what they were going for, then that was a bad idea.

The New Orleans Zephyrs have gone throwback on their hats, dropping the Boudreaux taking a bite out of the Z:

2876988581_4018311bc6.jpg

And going back to the plain Z (which I always thought looked better):

2ym8714.jpg

Dunno if they have any other changes planned, but I see yet more hat purchases in my future.

kU6ns.gif

The Zephyrs caps are indeed an improvement.

I love the elephant-holding-anchor logo (both versions, but especially the full-body), but the rest of the Ports' set is, yes, forced and terrible.

"P-apostrophe-Anchor"?! What the :censored: does that mean?

Love the new Zephyrs hat. They still need an "NO" logo cap, but the simple Z is great. Be a great cap for a youth team, too.

As for the Ports, what a huge dichotomy between the very good bits of design and the whiskey-tango-foxtrot bits of design. Yes, the "S" in "Stockton" is forced, but I can understand how that came about. But P-apostrophe-Anchor? Either P-apostrophe-S or Anchor-apostrophe-S would have been excellent. Or just the anchor. Or the anchor with a fouling line that superimposes a P on it. There are so many ways this basic concept could have been excellent that the apostrophe-Anchor thing is a sin. As-is, this is a C-minus design at best. Maybe a D. Fix the cap and it's an instant B or B-plus.

20082614447.png

I have that New Orleans hat. Bought it right before they changed to the nutria rat. It's still a beauty.

I am wearing my old Z's hat today, with the reverse colors. Love it.

2q0k8ht.jpg

Looks like the new Z might be bigger than on the old hats, and slightly thinner.

kU6ns.gif

• 4 weeks later...

Bumping this thread off to show the Charlotte Stone Crabs home unis in action:

3466707379_e3a307a42e_o.jpg

This next pic shows the light blue alt caps in use. Notice, the outline of the number are light blue, which is what the Rays should have done inslead of white outlines:

3466707065_385cb3afec_o.jpg

This next pic shows the light blue alt caps in use. Notice, the outline of the number are light blue, which is what the Rays should have done inslead of white outlines:

3466707065_385cb3afec_o.jpg

Heck, that whole uniforms is what the Rays should have done. Love the light blue cap with dark blue bill, love the piping, love the outlining of the numbers. Slap the Rays wordmark on the front, their cap logo on the cap, and a giant sunburst patch on the sleeve, and the Rays would rock.

20082614447.png

Montgomery Biscuits (AA-Rays) have a new road hat. Just what I need, another reason to put more of my money into the Rays organization. :P

Official%20Road%20Fitted%20Hat.JPG

I might have to get one too. I already have a Durham Bulls cap, and a Montgomery cap is next on the list.

Archived