Patriots to debut new uniform Sunday?

gingerbreadmann

I just heard on the news that the Patriots will supposedly be showing off a new uniform on Sunday in Seattle. I only caught the back end of Mike Lynch's sentence and nothing more was said, so I have no idea if this is actually true. Does anyone know if this is true? I don't know what to make of it yet. I haven't heard anything else about this.

I can't imagine that an NFL team would unveil a new design during the season, and it's not documented in style guides or retail catalogs anywhere. It just isn't going to happen.

It's most likely just a new cut of jersey (like the Giants cold-gear jersey) or a new combo of pants (like the aforementioned white over silver - which will suck IMO.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I can't imagine that an NFL team would unveil a new design during the season, and it's not documented in style guides or retail catalogs anywhere. It just isn't going to happen.

It's most likely just a new cut of jersey (like the Giants cold-gear jersey) or a new combo of pants (like the aforementioned white over silver - which will suck IMO.)

I agree.. it didn't look good in the 90's for them (but then again, what did?) and it wont look good now. I like the blue pants regardless of their helmet color.. silver belongs on the number outlines and maybe the side panels.. but the pants should stay blue.

I'd love white jersey silver pants. I can't stand the blue pants.

Pat Pariots throwbacks next year will be awesome. That will be the game I try to get tickets to. (I live near Boston) my wife will think I'm nuts for picking a game based on unis but who cares.

They could also break out the dirty white silver alts this weekend.

I think silver pants with the white jersey would look best, except that would make a solid navy side panel going all the way down the side, which, in my opinion, doesn't look good. Like the Bills and their all-navy look (though that thing's hideous for reasons more than just the full side panel). That's why I say they ditch the navy panel on the white jerseys and just allow the red piping to go all the way up and down with the silver pants. They could leave the shoulder stripes navy. Just my two cents... from a die-hard Patriots-Hater.

EDIT: Whoa. Found a pic that shows the "new" uniform. Sorry, Jezus, all-silver it is...

pic07tin-man.jpg

It'll probably be white jersey/silver pants. Just a hunch.

I'd personally prefer all-silver. The white jersey/silver pants combo would look terrible.

Is this game in Seattle? If so, then why would they be wearing their silver jerseys? But, then, this is the Patriots, and if there's one team the league would grant an examption to as far as wearing a colored jersey on the road, it'd be the Patriots. (Hey...it ain't white, it's silver...so I say it's colored.)

Having said all that, however...are you sure you'd really want to see them in all silver?

Heh...guess I'll pull this one back out of my vault:

NEpatriotssilver-1.jpg

(One can also see the navy side panel thing that Missouri McCall was referring to...

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

I just heard on the news that the Patriots will supposedly be showing off a new uniform on Sunday in Seattle. I only caught the back end of Mike Lynch's sentence and nothing more was said, so I have no idea if this is actually true. Does anyone know if this is true? I don't know what to make of it yet. I haven't heard anything else about this.

I didn't hear the interview, but I did hear on the news earlier that Junior Seau was signed. Maybe they meand Junior Seau will be in a new uniform?

I didn't hear the interview, but I did hear on the news earlier that Junior Seau was signed. Maybe they meand Junior Seau will be in a new uniform?

His 80 year old skin would make a better football than a jersey.

I wouldn't be shocked if they are trying out the new style of jersey that Reebok is getting teams to try. Some of the Giants have been using them in cold weather games. The Packers are using them as practice jerseys to see how they work.

Furthering this, I would be shocked if it was anything but the new Reebok style...

Archived