2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Braves make me so angry/sad. I can't figure them out.

Imagine how Vazquez and Jurrjens feel. Vazquez is freakin 4-6 now. Unreal.

All three pitchers the Reds are putting out in this series have losing records. What do we do? We let Owings win his own game with a 3-run HR. I decided before this series that if they didn't sweep Cincy, going in to this ridiculous stretch, that the season was pretty much over. In June. Luckily the rest of the East is losing also, so they're not losing any more ground. If they can take this last one from the Reds, and win every series of this stretch, I'll believe again.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

If I were Jurrjens I'd hate EVERYBODY on that team.

"Yeah, y'all hit for that Hanson kid. Then when I pitch, y'all don't wanna get more than 2 runs on a GOOD day. I see how it is."

Look at what the Braves have scored for him: 4, 8, 0, 1, 2, 1, 4, 3, 8, 10, 10, 0, 2, 2. That's 8 games with 3 or fewer runs, out of 14 starts. I'd be furious.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4267760

Pedro Martinez thinking of coming back with the Cubs or Rays

The right-hander said on Wednesday that he has had talks with the Chicago Cubs and Tampa Bay Rays and hopes to sign a contract in the near future.

"There's a good chance I'll be signing soon, but there still isn't anything firm," Martinez told The Associated Press.

"Chicago and Tampa Bay are the two teams that have shown the most interest and we are negotiating with them, although I've told my agent not to call me until it's a done deal," he said.

Maybe this will be the kick in the pants the Cubs need. Or maybe they should hold off and save this money for getting Mark DeRosa back.

All I know is that the Cubs need to do something. Bringing in Pedro can't hurt as long as they only lock him up for one year. Who knows what he's really got left in the tank if anything at all. Not that pitching is the real problem though...

This is the first I've heard of DeRosa coming back to the Northside, but I'd be real good with it if it happened -- plus it's not like Cleveland is going anywhere with that one-man-show of theirs (Cliff Lee).

6uXNWAo.png

There is one glimmer of hope for the Nationals in that the Yankees are letting Chien-Ming Wang start against them tonight (6/17).

Well that's one W against the AL East during this stretch. Let's go for #2!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4267760

Pedro Martinez thinking of coming back with the Cubs or Rays

The right-hander said on Wednesday that he has had talks with the Chicago Cubs and Tampa Bay Rays and hopes to sign a contract in the near future.

"There's a good chance I'll be signing soon, but there still isn't anything firm," Martinez told The Associated Press.

"Chicago and Tampa Bay are the two teams that have shown the most interest and we are negotiating with them, although I've told my agent not to call me until it's a done deal," he said.

Maybe this will be the kick in the pants the Cubs need. Or maybe they should hold off and save this money for getting Mark DeRosa back.

All I know is that the Cubs need to do something. Bringing in Pedro can't hurt as long as they only lock him up for one year. Who knows what he's really got left in the tank if anything at all. Not that pitching is the real problem though...

This is the first I've heard of DeRosa coming back to the Northside, but I'd be real good with it if it happened -- plus it's not like Cleveland is going anywhere with that one-man-show of theirs (Cliff Lee).

The Indians are still only 6.5 games back in the division, so there's no reason to throw in the towel. And we're not a one man show, the offense is producing to get some of these wins, Cliff Lee has a losing record so it can't be a one man show. The AL Central is weak this year and all it takes is a team to sweep Detroit and win 2 of 3 somewhere else in the division, suddenly you work your way to the top of the division.

6fQjS3M.png

If I were Jurrjens I'd hate EVERYBODY on that team.

"Yeah, y'all hit for that Hanson kid. Then when I pitch, y'all don't wanna get more than 2 runs on a GOOD day. I see how it is."

Case in point: It is currently 7-0 Braves with Tommy Hanson on the mound. Yeah, way to show up for the rookie. :P

Yanks take the series baby!

The Yanks should sweep the Nats too.

....Aaaand the Nationals take two-of-three from the Yankees.

Woohoo for being so wrong!

Way to be wrong!

In fact, the Yankees led for only 5 of the 27 innings played. Quite poor for their standards.

6uXNWAo.png

Nice rally by the Cubs today over the ChiSox -- 5 runs late, including a Soriano walk-off single.

Perhaps this is the boost the Cubbies need since Zambrano's annual outbust didn't seem to rally the troops this time around. :P

6uXNWAo.png

Archived