2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tony managed his 2,500th victory today, Albert did what he does, and the Cards swept away the Royals. KC did a fine job of recognizing their daddy on Father's Day! :D

Now we get a break from the interleague mess & make the first trip to Citi for a 4 game set, which will be capped on Thursday afternoon with Carp vs. Santana!

No walk-off needed at Wrigley today.... Cubs win again and sweep the Tribe! B)

Congrats. Your guys swept a AAA team with a bullpen most high school teams could hang 5 runs on. :D All kidding aside... The first two games of that series were pretty cool if you're a Cubs fan.

BB52Big.jpg

Tony managed his 2,500th victory today, Albert did what he does, and the Cards swept away the Royals. KC did a fine job of recognizing their daddy on Father's Day! :D

Now we get a break from the interleague mess & make the first trip to Citi for a 4 game set, which will be capped on Thursday afternoon with Carp vs. Santana!

Hey, according to Tank, wasn't the addition of Putz and K-Rod supposed to propel The Mets to a 1998 Yankees type season? Best be careful at Citi Field Cards fans, the Mighty Mets are a game over .500 and they're looking for trouble. B)

BB52Big.jpg

Albert Pujols is now batting .404 with the bases loaded in his career. He has 9 Grand Slams.

This season, he has 3 Grand Slams and a 2-RBI base hit in 4 ABs with the bases loaded.

If you we're an opposing manager, and Albert Pujols stepped to the plate with the bases loaded, would you concede a run and put Albert on first? Specifically with the current Cardinals lineup?

I'm the type that doesn't favor IBBs to anyone usually, but just make me wonder...

Albert Pujols is now batting .404 with the bases loaded in his career. He has 9 Grand Slams.

This season, he has 3 Grand Slams and a 2-RBI base hit in 4 ABs with the bases loaded.

If you we're an opposing manager, and Albert Pujols stepped to the plate with the bases loaded, would you concede a run and put Albert on first? Specifically with the current Cardinals lineup?

I'm the type that doesn't favor IBBs to anyone usually, but just make me wonder...

I'd say it definitely depend on the score and at what point in the game it occured.

But on the whole, if it's a tight score, say tied or 3 or less runs, then I'd walk him. If it's 4 or more, pitch to him.

Also,

Note to Dodger fans:

When you win an interleague series in June, don't celebrate as if you've won the World Series.

Also, be glad we're classy fans down in OC. If Angel fans ran around Dodger Stadium with red Angel blankets and flags yelling "YEAH ANGELS," we'd get beat and possibly stabbed and thrown forcibly out of the building and chased out of the parking lot.

Oh, and don't run onto the field. you've been shown what happens lol

And props to Kobe for coming to the game today! haha

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

No walk-off needed at Wrigley today.... Cubs win again and sweep the Tribe! B)

Congrats. Your guys swept a AAA team with a bullpen most high school teams could hang 5 runs on. :D All kidding aside... The first two games of that series were pretty cool if you're a Cubs fan.

That makes 6 straight games I've had a rooting interest in the Indians and 6 straight losses to the Cubs and Brewers. Once again, thanks for nothing Cleveland.

PvO6ZWJ.png

CNBC reports that Donald Fehr is stepping down as head of the MLBPA.

That's the best baseball news I have heard in a long time. Hey Fehr, don't let the door hit you in the ass you :censored:. I can't stand that guy.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived