2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Another nice little brain cramp moment for the Phillies - the hell are you doing letting a guy steal a base on a walk?

play of the year for the jays so far. scoot probably won't get to the ASG next month, but he damn sure deserves to go.

Daisuke Matsuzaka looks to have lost it. In the first inning he seemed to be afraid to throw strikes after giving up a home run and too rockets to start the game. If it were up to me, I would just throw him into the mop-up role to make room for John Smoltz in the rotation and send Daniel Bard down (even though he has been of to a great start since breaking into the majors). Nothing like having a pitching surplus!

That'd be one awfully expensive mop-up pitcher.

That is certainly true. The issue is that there is really no other place to put him besides the DL, but as far as I know there's nothing physically wrong with him. The only thing that really seems to be apparent is that he cannot seem to pitch at the major league level. When all is said and done, I'd rather see him in the bullpen hardly ever pitching than to be part of a six-man rotation throwing than pitching like garbage every start like he is now.

That is certainly true. The issue is that there is really no other place to put him besides the DL, but as far as I know there's nothing physically wrong with him. The only thing that really seems to be apparent is that he cannot seem to pitch at the major league level. When all is said and done, I'd rather see him in the bullpen hardly ever pitching than to be part of a six-man rotation throwing than pitching like garbage every start like he is now.

Having a 6-Man rotation might actually help Dice-K. It's what they use in Japan and might make him feel more comfortable.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Having a 6-Man rotation might actually help Dice-K. It's what they use in Japan and might make him feel more comfortable.

That's exactly what they mentioned tonight about Kawakami. His numbers on 5 days rest have been far better than on 4. He pitched on 5 days rest tonight, and allows 2 hits in Fenway. It's what these guys are used to.

dzh6fs12jk4gddgfd123hlxft.gif

That's exactly what was being said about Kawakami. His numbers on 5 days rest have been far better than on 4. He pitched on 5 days rest tonight, and allows 2 hits in Fenway. It's what these guys are used to.

This is all true and I wouldn't mind it, but what I'm worried about is it messing with guys like Lester and Beckett. I'm probably just worrying about nothing though, since I could really see it working out.

Looks like it's chalked up to be Weaver vs. Weaver tonight (Jeff vs. Jered). Has this happened before?

Edit: Nevermind. It hasn't, according to the Angels' website.

Edit again: Brothers have faced one another 20 times previously...the Weavers haven't faced off yet.

How come no one mentioned Dice-K's comfort level when he was going 18-3 last year? :)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Looks like it's chalked up to be Weaver vs. Weaver tonight (Jeff vs. Jered). Has this happened before?

Edit: Nevermind. It hasn't, according to the Angels' website.

Edit again: Brothers have faced one another 20 times previously...the Weavers haven't faced off yet.

Yeah, the 8th set of brothers to play against each other.

Should be exciting :)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

The Nats got swept by Tampa Bay, play 3 in NY, play 3 at home against the Jays and Red Sox, then head up the Beltway to face Baltimore for 3, so they could finish the AL East swing by going 3-12 (optimism).

Exceeding expectations.

4 strait for the Nats.

Rays also won. ;)

The Nats got swept by Tampa Bay, play 3 in NY, play 3 at home against the Jays and Red Sox, then head up the Beltway to face Baltimore for 3, so they could finish the AL East swing by going 3-12 (optimism).

Exceeding expectations.

4 strait for the Nats.

Rays also won. ;)

Sure feels nice B)

Archived