2009 MLB Season Thread

Gary

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I finally went to Franceour's page on ESPN.com and it says that several NY papers are saying he was traded.

Then I went to the Braves official website and they have a small link tucked away in the corner about it. I guess it's not a big deal to that many people. haha.

I still say what's the point? They are both not doing great. The difference is one's a righty and one's a lefty. Church is batting 30 points higher than Franceour, but he's also 5 years older than him and Franceour has 3 more home runs and 13 more RBI. Oh well.

Then I went to the Braves official website and they have a small link tucked away in the corner about it. I guess it's not a big deal to that many people. haha.

It's just that we have the world's biggest Mets hater and about two-thousand Braves fans on here who will take a trade involving a couple of scrub outfielders and spin it into some sort of mega-blockbuster, which in fact it isn't.

6uXNWAo.png

Maybe it was a good move in the sense that both players kinda wore out their welcome with their respective teams, and a change of scenery may be good for both of them. But on paper it's like trading apples for apples.

I don't like this. I hate Frenchie as much as any Braves fan, but I'm gonna miss his defense. Who starts in right now? Church? If so the combo of Anderson-McLouth-Church is gonna be weird to see.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

And the Mets need a jump start

And this ain't exactly it, Tanklin.

not exactly, the jump start you'll see is the jump start off the bridge by Tank in September if the Mets can't get a hold of their season

Why do the few MLB games I go to always have the worst pitching matchups? Jason Berken (1-5) vs. Brett Cecil (2-1) tomorrow. Both have a 6+ ERA, and I would rather see any current Orioles starter start over him. Guthrie, Bergesen, Hill or Tillman (Probably will be called up next week)

At least it should be a high scoring game.

2-0, close :)

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Why do the few MLB games I go to always have the worst pitching matchups? Jason Berken (1-5) vs. Brett Cecil (2-1) tomorrow. Both have a 6+ ERA, and I would rather see any current Orioles starter start over him. Guthrie, Bergesen, Hill or Tillman (Probably will be called up next week)

At least it should be a high scoring game.

2-0, close :)

Looks like the baseball gods heard your grievance and gave you an enjoyable game.

Archived