2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

In a huge upset, Cleveland State takes the auto bid from the Horizon League by beating Butler. This turns the Horizon League into a two-bid league for the second time in three seasons.
Dustin, I think you're being slightly generous by assuming Butler is in. You can't have losses against teams like Cleveland State and make the field easily? They're a bubble team.

I guess that means Syracuse shouldn't get an at-large bid. I mean, they're 0-1 vs. Cleveland State, and that game was played in the Carrier Dome. Butler, for what it's worth, went 2-1 vs. Cleveland State.....

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pac-10 Tournament

First Round:

(7) Washington State 62, (10) Oregon 40

(9) Stanford 62, (8) Oregon State 54

Second Round:

(1) Washington 85, (9) Stanford 73

(2) UCLA vs. (7) Washington State

(6) USC 79, (3) California 75

(4) Arizona State 68, (5) Arizona 56

In a huge upset, Cleveland State takes the auto bid from the Horizon League by beating Butler. This turns the Horizon League into a two-bid league for the second time in three seasons.
Dustin, I think you're being slightly generous by assuming Butler is in. You can't have losses against teams like Cleveland State and make the field easily? They're a bubble team.
Aren't they ranked? I think it's impossible to go from ranked to "on the bubble" in one game.
The tournament committee does not care about rankings - they've left ranked teams out before (and before you say it, yes, this was the era of the 64-team tournament.)

If I can ask who was left out? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Utah State and I can't remember the year.

Aren't they ranked? I think it's impossible to go from ranked to "on the bubble" in one game.
The tournament committee does not care about rankings - they've left ranked teams out before (and before you say it, yes, this was the era of the 64-team tournament.)

If I can ask who was left out? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Utah State and I can't remember the year.

UNLV.

LvZYtbZ.png

UNLV.

Butler's a much better 7-3 in their last 10 and made it to their Conference Finals. They are in.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

My Orange came sooooooo close to what would've been one of the most memorable buzzer beaters in a while, with Devendorf making a Laettner-esque shot just .1 seconds late. Heartbreaker, I almost woke my whole family up when it happened.

Hopefully they can pull it out in double-OT following a great play by Flynn, it's been a freakin amazing game, instant classic.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

4 Overtimes now!

This game refuses to end!

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's 9:30 on the west coast. I can't imagine how exhausted you all on the east coast are with this game. Simply incredible.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

THIS is March Madness, people.

Did anyone else watch Texas/Oklahoma State in January 2007? I think this is a major challenge for the best CBB game I've ever seen.

(I'm sure there have been similar ones in the past.. but none that I have seen)

Oh my god! Syracuse cannot hit a layup to save their life!

And 5 OTs.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived