2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

MISSOURI TIGERS: 2009 BIG XII TOURNAMENT CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!

:boogie:(dance):boogie:

Dude I'm so pumped haven't got to seen much of them this year but I watched the Title game today and this team is primed for a long run in the Tournament they should be about a 3 seed.

I think this should put them up to a 2 seed. They've been going between a 3 and 4 on Bracketology for the last month, and were a projected 4 before the Big 12 tourney. I think their winning it combined with all the other early exits from teams ahead of them should be enough to give them that push to a 2.

Though the committee is full of idiots, so you never really know what's gonna happen.

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude I'm so pumped haven't got to seen much of them this year but I watched the Title game today and this team is primed for a long run in the Tournament they should be about a 3 seed.

I think this should put them up to a 2 seed. They've been going between a 3 and 4 on Bracketology for the last month, and were a projected 4 before the Big 12 tourney. I think their winning it combined with all the other early exits from teams ahead of them should be enough to give them that push to a 2.

Though the committee is full of idiots, so you never really know what's gonna happen.

If Missouri was made a 2 seed, it would prove your statement.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Why? They finished a close third in the conference regular season (2 games out of first) Big 12 (which is no mid-major as some seem to think it is. 3rd highest conference RPI in the country) after being preseasoned picked at 7th, went undefeated at home, beat Kansas, Oklahoma, AT Texas, USC, California, lost to Xavier by only 2 on a neutral site, and currently ranked 14th in the nation after being in the top 10 a few weeks ago.

And oh yeah, unlike most of the top 10 teams in the country who couldn't seem to win a game in their conference tournaments, Mizzou WON the Big 12.

But I guess since they're not some east coast big conference school, they're automatically unqualified for a high seed.

<_<

Everybody needs to stop this elitist attitude and stop assuming just because we're Missouri and not some major east coast state or metropolitan area, we don't matter.

Louisville will end up #1. Winning the BET will count a ton.

My number ones: Louisville, UNC, Pitt, UConn

My number twos: Memphis, Oklahoma, Duke, Michigan State

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Ok so now that the teams I actually like are all gone... all I have to say is... GO ILLINOIS!! :)

I'm rooting for them, but at this point I'm convinced that they will be a "5-12" upset victim.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Why? They finished a close third in the conference regular season (2 games out of first) Big 12 (which is no mid-major as some seem to think it is. 3rd highest conference RPI in the country) after being preseasoned picked at 7th, went undefeated at home, beat Kansas, Oklahoma, AT Texas, USC, California, lost to Xavier by only 2 on a neutral site, and currently ranked 14th in the nation after being in the top 10 a few weeks ago.

And oh yeah, unlike most of the top 10 teams in the country who couldn't seem to win a game in their conference tournaments, Mizzou WON the Big 12.

But I guess since they're not some east coast big conference school, they're automatically unqualified for a high seed.

<_<

Everybody needs to stop this elitist attitude and stop assuming just because we're Missouri and not some major east coast state or metropolitan area, we don't matter.

You also lost to Illinois in St. Louis. Which continues to blow my mind at this point.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Ok so now that the teams I actually like are all gone... all I have to say is... GO ILLINOIS!! :)

I'm rooting for them, but at this point I'm convinced that they will be a "5-12" upset victim.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Once Illinois gets the lead, they go into an extreme slow-down offense where the just hold the ball for about 27 seconds. Then they have 8 seconds to try to create a shot which usually results in a 3 point shot.Teams always catching you from behind gets really old. Or they just have a game like against Penn State or Purdue yesterday where they can't make a shot.

But if they play well, they could definately win a couple games and make it into the Sweet 16. I just think it's more likely that they they are the one that gets upset rather than knocking off one of the op seeds.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Is it me or does anyone else just want to take a baseball bat to all the college gameday crew? (Especially Bilas.)

Today, we are all otaku.

Mississippi State just won 4 games in 4 days to win the 2009 SEC Tournament, go to the dance, and pop someone else's bubble.

College basketball is awesome now.

"Please be Maryland Please be Maryland Please be Maryland...."

Today, we are all otaku.

Mississippi State just won 4 games in 4 days to win the 2009 SEC Tournament, go to the dance, and pop someone else's bubble.

Probably Auburn's bubble. Thanks Wayne Chism. You managed to beat Auburn two days in a row.

"Can't Spell Stupid without UT."

Probably Auburn's bubble. Thanks Wayne Chism. You managed to beat Auburn two days in a row.

"Can't Spell Stupid without UT."

The SEC definitely gets three in: LSU, Tennessee, and Mississippi State.

It'll be either South Carolina or Auburn getting that 4th bid.

Of course, since those two haven't been relevant to good basketball, they'll both likely get passed over.

Overall #1: Louisville

Also Pittsburgh, North Carolina, and Connecticut on the top line.

Today, we are all otaku.

ZOMG, wears Memfis at?!?!?!?!?1112222 Dey shud b da numba won!!!!1111

An wears Mizoo, dey shub b a numba too!!!11

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

ZOMG, wears Memfis at?!?!?!?!?1112222 Dey shud b da numba won!!!!1111

An wears Mizoo, dey shub b a numba too!!!11

Look, I welcome Pitt at 1. The schadenfreude from that particular crash and burn will be most excellent.

Also Midwest

Louisville

Morehead St./Bama St.

Ohio State

Siena

Utah

Arizona (WTF?!)

Wake Forest

Cleveland State

West Virginia

Dayton

Kansas

North Dakota State

Boston College

USC

Michigan State

Robert Morris

Today, we are all otaku.

I don't give a damn who wins the tourney, or who makes the final four...I just find it ludicrous that anyone would clamor for Memphis to be a #1 and Missouri to be a #2.

Archived