2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

Quote me on this when the time has come April 4th the Final Four will be

Louisville vs. UConn

Pittsburgh vs. Syracuse

I quoted you :D .

I'm gonna have to really think about this, although I'm pumped about the teams in the Midwest Regional (I already said that didn't I). I hope the Buckeyes can knock off the Cardinals in Round 2. I also think this is the year for a 16 to win one.

Well I think the strongest 16 is East Tennessee State but this is one of the strongest group of 1 seeds around so it's gonna be quite the climb.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bradley continues their singular, quiet, and likely pointless quest to play in every postseason tournament ever by accepting a bid to the CIT.

http://www.collegeinsider.com/tournament/schedule.html <--Complete schedule

http://www.gazellegroup.com/events/cbi/schedule.htm <--CBI bracket hyah! (Warning: takes forever to upload.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't think Tradition played into Arizona getting in at least I hope not but who actually thinks they deserved to get in wins over Gonzaga and Kansas are impressive especially the blowing out of the National Champs, 9-9 in the Pac 10, 62nd in the RPI and 0-9 on the road that's horrible I mean they'll put up a good fight against the Utes and maybe even upset them.

We say it every year the the committee should look at who should be in who should be out we should just look forward to a great tournament.

Sorry. No way Arizona should have made it in over St. Mary's or San Diego State. And UW/Miss. State is going to be a tough matchup.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Don't see a 16 beating a 1 this year. Maybe if Memphis had gotten a 1, ETSU might have had a shot.

Some no-name 16 hung real tough with #1 UConn a few years back, but fell apart down the stretch. That's as close as I've seen since during my lifetime.

Still, I'd love to witness the upset of all upsets. I don't care if it's this year and I do not care if it screws up everyone's brackets! :)

6uXNWAo.png

Don't see a 16 beating a 1 this year. Maybe if Memphis had gotten a 1, ETSU might have had a shot.

Some no-name 16 hung real tough with #1 UConn a few years back, but fell apart down the stretch. That's as close as I've seen since during my lifetime.

Still, I'd love to witness the upset of all upsets. I don't care if it's this year and I do not care if it screws up everyone's brackets! :)

Albany.

That was just a bad tournament overall for UConn...they only looked good in the last 10 minutes of the 1st rounder and most of the second, en route to their being picked off in the Regional Final by George Mason.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't give a damn who wins the tourney, or who makes the final four...I just find it ludicrous that anyone would clamor for Memphis to be a #1 and Missouri to be a #2.

And I find it ludicrous that you think people can't have their own opinions and are automatically idiots if it's not the same as yours.

I also find it ludicrous that you think I care that much about what you have to say. Think whatever you want. I don't really give a damn.

Albany.

That was just a bad tournament overall for UConn...they only looked good in the last 10 minutes of the 1st rounder and most of the second, en route to their being picked off in the Regional Final by George Mason.

Not that I'm a UConn backer by any means, but that game being 30 minutes (or less. I can't even remember) from the Geroge Mason campus was a freaking sham. :mad:

6uXNWAo.png

Albany.

Not that I'm a UConn backer by any means, but that game being 30 minutes (or less. I can't even remember) from the Geroge Mason campus was a freaking sham. :mad:

It's not the committee's job to contingency plan for a flippin' 11 seed burning through into the Round of 16....especially in the same part of the bracket as North Carolina and Michigan State.

Today, we are all otaku.

Albany.

It's not the committee's job to contingency plan for a flippin' 11 seed burning through into the Round of 16....especially in the same part of the bracket as North Carolina and Michigan State.

I tend to disagree. Since the NCAA panel started giving the higher/top seeds a regional advantage a decade or so ago, lower seeds should never have home-court over a #1, and therefore should have been factored in.

6uXNWAo.png

Albany.

I tend to disagree. Since the NCAA panel started giving the higher/top seeds a regional advantage a decade or so ago, lower seeds should never have home-court over a #1, and therefore should have been factored in.

The committee also doesn't want to ship 3/4s of the field across the country. It's hard enough to construct a bracket without worrying about the possibility of a certain specific double-digit seed finding its way into the regional semis, let alone in the one regional semis/finals site that they might possess a home court advantage.

If seedings had held up elsewhere, George Mason would have had to go through North Carolina, Michigan State, and Tennessee before Connecticut. All but the most ardent George Mason supporter would suspect that one of those 3 would be able to take them down.

Besides-it's not like Connecticut didn't have its chances to win the game-they very easily could have won it, and have only themselves to blame for not doing so.

Today, we are all otaku.

The South looks like a minefield for UNC with Cuse, Oklahoma, Arizona State, and Illinois.

Minefield indeed!

U of A = GIFT!

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

The South looks like a minefield for UNC with Cuse, Oklahoma, Arizona State, and Illinois.

Don't forget Gonzaga...

I'm not impressed with them.

There is a Bracketcaster on ESPN that's pretty cool. Its from Accuscore. Here's what my simulation got. You can pick who advances over what the computer says, but I didn't.

bracketcaster.png

My thoughts:

- Playoff game winner beating Louisville. Haha.

-3 ACC teams in the Elite 8, 1 Big East team.

-That Final Four would be rivalry city

-I'd die if Duke beat UNC in the FF and then won the NC.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Don't forget Gonzaga...

There is a Bracketcaster on ESPN that's pretty cool. Its from Accuscore. Here's what my simulation got. You can pick who advances over what the computer says, but I didn't.

bracketcaster.png

My thoughts:

Is that an ESPN AI? But what happened to the Big East?

Today, we are all otaku.

Don't forget Gonzaga...

bracketcaster.png

My thoughts:

Love your Final Four Drew especially Mizzou playing in the Nat'l Championship I'd think they'd be happy to get to the Elite 8 but the do have the team that could turn some heads.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

As mentioned on espn.com, if Memphis and Mizzou meet up in the Sweet 16, Memphis could be in trouble. The last Conference USA team to beat Memphis? UAB. UAB's head coach at the time? Mike Anderson. Mizzou's current head coach? You guessed it, Mike Anderson.

Plus when Mizzou and Marquette meet up... whew. That's gonna be some runnin' and gunnin' going on there. Although I currently have Marquette falling in the first round to Utah State. That game is just screamin' upset.

And Drew, I too love your bracket... (except the Championship game results. ;) )

Archived