2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

The CIT....where teams with absolutely no inside game get to be the top overall seed of the tournament.

/How many of YOU can claim to have witnesses a CBI and CIT game firsthand? :P

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The CIT....where teams with absolutely no inside game get to be the top overall seed of the tournament.

Don't diss on the CBI, because of that tournament we got this all-time classic.

That was funny to see. I just hope the guy is okay after that crash landing.

But, the main event is off and underway right now.

In Greensboro, LSU opened up an early 9-0 lead on Butler and caused some fits for the Bulldogs, but Butler has fought back and it's now a 35-29 LSU lead at the half

In Kansas City, we have the biggest shocker so far as Cal State Northridge is giving Memphis a huge fight right now. Hell, the Matadors even lead early on while forcing Memphis into big time foul trouble, but Memphis is ahead 34-31 at the half.

In Philadelphia, the Aggies of Texas A&M were red hot to start the game...I'm talking volcano hot. 10 for 10 to start the game as they lead 42-30 over BYU.

The first three games are in the books now.

Memphis survives a massive scare from Cal State Northridge 81-70. Roburt Sallie went off (O-F-F. Off) for 35 points and 10 3's made in that game. Memphis awaits the winner of the 7-10 matchup in the West Region between Cal and Maryland

Marcus Thornton scores 30 points to lead LSU past a game Butler team 75-71 in the 1st Round of the South Region in Greensboro. The win sends LSU in the next round where they await the winner of Radford-North Carolina.

In Philly, it was ugly from the tip-off for BYU as Texas A&M thrashes the Cougars 79-66. For the Aggies, they will await the Chattanooga-UConn winner in the next round.

One game going on right now as Purdue is off to a fast start against Northern Iowa in Portland.

Don't diss on the CBI, because of that tournament we got this all-time classic.

When they showed the replay of it, I saw something hit the floor before his body did. At first it looked like his head, turns out it was the ball.

And I'm in on cheering for North Dakota State. Ben Woodside and Brett Winkelman will get the job done.

-Purdue almost fell in the dreaded 5/12 game.

-I called Maryland over Cal. Finally I pick an upset.

-UConn is drilling UTC. They went on a 46-5 run. Eek.

-UNC took care of business against Radford, 101-58.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

-Purdue almost fell in the dreaded 5/12 game.

-I called Maryland over Cal. Finally I pick an upset.

-UConn is drilling UTC. They went on a 46-5 run. Eek.

-UNC took care of business against Radford, 101-58.

I had Purdue and Maryland as well, but I wouldn't call it an upset for Maryland.

I got the Maryland upset right as well. I've hit on every other game except LSU-Butler. which shouldn't really matter since I've got them going down against UNC in the next round.

EDIT: Anybody who seriously thought that MSU could run with Washington must not have watched the SEC Championship game. Yeah, State's good at defense, but it takes them a minor miracle to even score a FG.

6 for 7 my best start in a long time, Damn Butler screwed me up, I'm looking forward to two 7-10 games getting underway in about an hour.

Texas-Minnesota in Greensboro and Clemson-Michigan in KC

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

I got the Maryland upset right as well. I've hit on every other game except LSU-Butler. which shouldn't really matter since I've got them going down against UNC in the next round.

EDIT: Anybody who seriously thought that MSU could run with Washington must not have watched the SEC Championship game. Yeah, State's good at defense, but it takes them a minor miracle to even score a FG.

Which reminds me... Please take those Maroon Mutts out to the shed, Flame. I have to think that it would be a better way to go then seeing them get smacked by U-Dub.

Oh, and I'm 6-2 after the early games. I missed BYU and Butler.

lmao, I'm not ashamed to say that I had absolutely NO faith in Mississippi State beating U-Dub. None at all. Hell, it would've wrecked my bracket had my Bulldogs won, considering that I have Washington going to the Sweet 16 on my Sheet of Integrity at least IIRC.

But yeah, saw it coming a mile away. MSU's good at defense, TERRIBLE at offense. They're basically the basketball version of the Sylvester Croom MSU Bulldogs.

Oh well. Let's go Syracuse.

I love MMOD, if only because it's like having DirecTV for however long this tournament lasts.

EDIT: Upset alert in Philadelphia. American is beating Villanova 41-31 at halftime.

Archived