2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

Is it me or does Pitt seem to be the most vunerable of the 1 seeds? I hope not since I have them winning it all, but it seems that with their performance today against Oklahoma State and the game on Friday against ETSU was not that all impressive. Compare those performances to what UNC and UConn did and you may have some people thinking that they may of goofed with the 1 seed line.

Its Pitt tradition to sort of make themselves look overrated, and/or become shaky and lucky and eventually fall apart in the big tourney. I wouldnt be surprised if they lost in the sweet 16 again, though I want very, very badly for them not to.

oBIgzrL.png

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, and in case rams80 is around: Bradley takes on Oakland tonight in the CIT tourny.

This game worries me. Bradley cannot handle a team with any sort of inside game, defensively or offensively, especially is Singh's knee acts up (like it did last week against Austin Peay). At least there should be a good home crowd because Bradley is back in session, but....*has visions of Theron Wilson playing like he is in Theronwilsonland again.*

Bradley hit a 70 footer to win with no time left.

I hope somebody got that on tape, and sent it to Sportscenter.

EDIT- Probably as good as it will get.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Oh, and in case rams80 is around: Bradley takes on Oakland tonight in the CIT tourny.

This game worries me. Bradley cannot handle a team with any sort of inside game, defensively or offensively, especially is Singh's knee acts up (like it did last week against Austin Peay). At least there should be a good home crowd because Bradley is back in session, but....*has visions of Theron Wilson playing like he is in Theronwilsonland again.*

Bradley hit a 70 footer to win with no time left.

I hope somebody got that on tape, and sent it to Sportscenter.

EDIT- Probably as good as it will get.

That is absolutely nuts. I can't believe it. Too bad nobody got a better video of that.

saBS.png

Two tickets have been punched to the E8 with UConn and Pitt winning. For the second half of tonight we have Mizzou/Memphis and Villanova/Duke.

And Memphis is getting straight dribble-drove by Mizzou--in the ugly-ass nasty gold uniforms, no less.

(BTW...who else just seen that half-court shot just before the half???)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Oh well...I don't think my Final Four has lasted this long for awhile. Stupid Duke.

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Anyone still think the Big East isn't the best conference now?

The Big East had the best Top 5 or 6 teams of any Conference this year, and perhaps ever. After that, they fall back to Earth quite nicely and rapidly. Their lower tier teams likely would suck in any of the BCS Conferences.

Today, we are all otaku.

Wow, Memphis conducted themselves just as a true number one seed should have, right guys?

Seriously though, congrats to Mizzou. They played a hell of a game. I didn't know they had that in them.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Big East had the best Top 5 or 6 teams of any Conference this year, and perhaps ever. After that, they fall back to Earth quite nicely and rapidly. Their lower tier teams likely would suck in any of the BCS Conferences.

Perhaps, but if they fill out all four NCG contenders, that'd be pretty significant and great, wouldn't it? Has that ever happened before?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Um, you know the Big East is in the BCS, right? It's not the Big XII or the SEC in terms of football powerhouses, but come on. :cursing:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Um, you know the Big East is in the BCS, right? It's not the Big XII or the SEC in terms of football powerhouses, but come on. :cursing:

I forgot to add "other". So sue me. I know damn well they are in the BCS.

Today, we are all otaku.

Archived