2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

Gonzaga deserves to lose with what they have on. They look awful. ZAGS? Come on.

I'd still like to see someone this decade refer to them as the Gonzaga Bulldogs. <_<

They called them that a lot last night. I was surprised.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gonzaga deserves to lose with what they have on. They look awful. ZAGS? Come on.

I'd still like to see someone this decade refer to them as the Gonzaga Bulldogs. <_<

Why? Bulldogs is such an uninspired mascot name, I'd actually prefer if they dropped it altogether.

I really I'm hopeful that Mizzou can run with UConn and win this game.

I know they maybe just didn't want to sound too cocky, but in an article about the match-up on espn.com, Calhoun and some players are a little worried about the speed at which Mizzou plays. Plus, with Dyson out, their bench is really only 2 deep, as opposed to Mizzou's seemingly endless bench, which allows their players to stay fresh and fast.

Could be one of the best match-ups of the whole tournament. Little under 3 hours away. Getting very excited.

B)

1-I think it is near certain that UConn will play in the prime time game next Saturday against the MSU/Louisville winner.

If North Carolina wins tomorrow, they will play in the late game.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

Pitt got what they deserved. They play a dangerous game, and they got burnt. Props to Villanova for once again going to the Final 4. A rare under-the-radar Big East team.

Pitt got what they deserved. They play a dangerous game, and they got burnt. Props to Villanova for once again going to the Final 4. A rare under-the-radar Big East team.

This is how Pitt has played in the big games for the past decade.

No matter who is on the team, they always, always, do two things come conference/big dance time:

1. never make free throws

2. play dangerous and "win ugly", if at all

3. just plain curl up and die

oBIgzrL.png

*Twitch twitch*

*Screams out a massive F-bomb in wake of Pitt's loss, which in turn destroys his bracket*

When will people learn to not bet on Jamie Dixon in March? How many nuked brackets does it take?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That Pitt/Nova game is probably the best of the tourney. If not that, then Gonzaga/WKU.

Ohio State-Siena will have something to say about that.

Forgot about that one.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

Holy s--- that was exciting. Now just debating whether or not to make the trip to Detroit.

'Nova's first tourney with me as an alum = final four. Coincidence?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

*Twitch twitch*

*Screams out a massive F-bomb in wake of Pitt's loss, which in turn destroys his bracket*

When will people learn to not bet on Jamie Dixon in March? How many nuked brackets does it take?

You seem to dislike Pitt coaches an awful lot.

I dont see why anyone would blame Dixon. The players kept making mistakes (bad passes, bad shots, etc.). The players kept missing free throws. The players got in foul trouble. They players were awful at rebounding, and there was nothing anyone could do about 'Nova almost tying the record for free throws (other than not getting into foul trouble, but I digress). Dixon is a great coach, and the good that the Pitt basketball program has done under him in just the past few years outweighs the bad.

All in all, it was just the classic "lets choke with style" Pitt loss. Only this time you could see it coming, since they have been playing badly the whole tourney. And, in reality, you cant pin this all on Pitt. 'Nova is a scary team, and played a great game themselves.

In any case, at least we made it past the sweet 16. We should have at least made it to the final four, but to make it past the 16 is good enough for me.

oBIgzrL.png

*Twitch twitch*

You seem to dislike Pitt coaches an awful lot.

I dont see why anyone would blame Dixon. The players kept making mistakes (bad passes, bad shots, etc.). The players kept missing free throws. The players got in foul trouble. They players were awful at rebounding, and there was nothing anyone could do about 'Nova almost tying the record for free throws (other than not getting into foul trouble, but I digress). Dixon is a great coach, and the good that the Pitt basketball program has done under him in just the past few years outweighs the bad.

All in all, it was just the classic "lets choke with style" Pitt loss. Only this time you could see it coming, since they have been playing badly the whole tourney. And, in reality, you cant pin this all on Pitt. 'Nova is a scary team, and played a great game themselves.

In any case, at least we made it past the sweet 16. We should have at least made it to the final four, but to make it past the 16 is good enough for me.

I'd be negative about the Wannstache wherever he coached-he's just not that good. As for Dixon, why can't he ever instill the mental toughness needed to stop his teams from choking in March? This is a yearly occurrence with Pitt for the duration of his tenure-I suspect the problem is with him.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I'm with rams80. I've watched enough Big East basketball to know that Pitt is built for the regular season, and is a shrinking violet in the postseason.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Archived