2009 NCAA Basketball Thread

Drew22

• Replies 632
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine isn't too blasted. A little bit, but not too much more than other peoples'.

I had WVU over Dayton. Wake in the 16. Northern Iowa over Purdue. FSU in the 16, and Minnesota over Texas. Those are the only ones I've gotten wrong as of 3:30 today

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

Incidentally, he's not in our pool, but there is one perfect bracket left on Facebook.

That will probably change tomorrow haha and wow I'm actually leading our group over facebook only by 1 though.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Spirited effort from Siena sad to seem them go but at least my bracket wasn't killed but Louisville must get better on their Free Throw's or it's Memphis of last year for them.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Well, here's what I've learned after the first weekend of tourny play.

1.) OK, we got the message Arizona fans. Your team wanted to be in the tourny, and you have made the best of it so far by being the lowest seed remaining in the tourny as a 12 seed. This run has to further anger those who root for Creighton and St. Mary's, who still have to struggle through their way in the NIT.

2.) Is it me or does Pitt seem to be the most vunerable of the 1 seeds? I hope not since I have them winning it all, but it seems that with their performance today against Oklahoma State and the game on Friday against ETSU was not that all impressive. Compare those performances to what UNC and UConn did and you may have some people thinking that they may of goofed with the 1 seed line.

3.) As weak as the SEC was this season, good riddance to it's crappy self. No way it would of survived after the 2nd Round.

3.) As weak as the SEC was this season, good riddance to it's crappy self. No way it would of survived after the 2nd Round.

Much like your Washington squad. :P

You are right though.

You are right though.

In SEC Country, basketball is just filler until Spring Practice starts......

You are right though.

In SEC Country, basketball is just filler until Spring Practice starts......

I know, right? MSU starts on Tuesday. Thank God.

Good game to watch in the NIT tonight

Davidson with Curry vs. Saint Mary's with Mills

True. Also of note is the possible quick turnaround for the winner. If St. Mary's wins, then it's just a short trip to San Diego from Moraga while Davidson would be better served staying out there if they win.

Also tonight, you have Kentucky taking on Creighton in Omaha. The winner faces Notre Dame on Wednesday. If Creighton wins, the game's in Omaha and if Kentucky wins, then it's in South Bend.

Oh, and in case rams80 is around: Bradley takes on Oakland tonight in the CIT tourny.

Oh, and in case rams80 is around: Bradley takes on Oakland tonight in the CIT tourny.

This game worries me. Bradley cannot handle a team with any sort of inside game, defensively or offensively, especially is Singh's knee acts up (like it did last week against Austin Peay). At least there should be a good home crowd because Bradley is back in session, but....*has visions of Theron Wilson playing like he is in Theronwilsonland again.*

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Archived