A Fraud caught Juicing in 2003

NJTank

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't hate him before this, I don't hate him now, but everything he's done over the course of his career is now permanently tainted, no matter what.

The entire era is tainted my friend. It's going to go down in history as the steroid era. Everything will be questioned. A-Rod will simply be known as one of the best players of the steroid era. Similar in description only but kinda like Sam Crawford is considered one of the best hitters in the dead ball era. I'm not saying it's the same thing I'm just pointing out how the distinction will be made.

We all may as well get used to it.

BB52Big.jpg

I honestly thought A-Rod was going to take the 'Bonds' route on this and claim he did nothing wrong. He's got many years left in this game, and the smart thing for him to do is what he just did. I'm still not a fan of the guy, but he admitted it, and that is the most you can really ask of him at this point. Good for him.

Mac, you're waiting for further confirmation that he's on this list, not denying the impact of this list, correct?

Absolutely. I'm merely playing devil's advocate; if it's confirmed, Alex Rodriguez should be held in the same view as anyone else who roided.

And as for the Cobb vs. Bonds argument, it doesn't hold up for me for the simple reason that nothing Ty Cobb did illegally was related to his play on the field. Ty Cobb might've been a lot of things, but nothing he's ever been accused of can be perceived to have had a direct impact on his ability to play the game. From an "HOF eligibility" perspective, in my view, Bonds perjuring himself doesn't have nearly the weight as committing the federal crime of using the stuff in the first place.

Ty Cobb's been accused of participating in fixing games.

And if those accusations were proven accurate, Cobb shouldn't have been inducted, and should've been banned for life.

Okay, then guys like McGwire and Sosa belong in the Hall of Fame.

Did I say that?

nav-logo.png

Mac, you're waiting for further confirmation that he's on this list, not denying the impact of this list, correct?

Absolutely. I'm merely playing devil's advocate; if it's confirmed, Alex Rodriguez should be held in the same view as anyone else who roided.

And as for the Cobb vs. Bonds argument, it doesn't hold up for me for the simple reason that nothing Ty Cobb did illegally was related to his play on the field. Ty Cobb might've been a lot of things, but nothing he's ever been accused of can be perceived to have had a direct impact on his ability to play the game. From an "HOF eligibility" perspective, in my view, Bonds perjuring himself doesn't have nearly the weight as committing the federal crime of using the stuff in the first place.

Ty Cobb's been accused of participating in fixing games.

And if those accusations were proven accurate, Cobb shouldn't have been inducted, and should've been banned for life.

Okay, then guys like McGwire and Sosa belong in the Hall of Fame.

Did I say that?

I could probably find something if I really wanted to. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

This just in from SportsCenter:

A-Rod has admited during an interview with Peter Gammons that he used performance-enhancing drugs during his three seasons in Texas, 2001-03.

an old saying from World War II......

LOOSE LIPS SINK BIG SHIPS!!!!

I guess A-Rod was coerced by SI and ESPN!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

After just watching the interview, I think he gained back a bit of respect in my book. I don't really know how much of what he said about being unaware of what he was truly taking I can believe, but for the size of his ego I'm sure it took a lot out of him to fess up. It's extremely unfortunate what this will do to his legacy, he is one of the most talented ballplayers ever.

A couple of thoughts on the interview...

1. He sounded thoroughly coached. I don't blame him, nor do I blame Boras, et. al. for coaching him, but it really kinda took the shine off of the whole honesty apple to have so much of it sound so rehearsed.

2. I really picked up on tangential dodges when Gammons asked - twice - how he was introduced to steroids and who did the introducing. Maybe it's because the Torre book controversy is fresh in my mind, but I heard those responses and thought the last thing someone with such a poor clubhouse reputation needs is to start throwing people under the proverbial bus.

3. I just don't buy that he didn't know what he was taking. So one of the most careful, deliberate players in all of sports just went to a steroid dealer guy and closed his eyes, pointed to a random vial and it happened to be the steroid that doesn't cause obvious cartoony muscles and stays in your system for a short period of time? A-Rod doesn't throw to first without obsessively overthinking it.

4. I didn't see the need to go after Selena Roberts. Just take responsibility for your own :censored:, Alex.

5. He couldn't have found a better way to say "Winning is the best medicine" in the context of this interview?

A couple of thoughts on the interview...

4. I didn't see the need to go after Selena Roberts. Just take responsibility for your own :censored:, Alex.

I partially I agree with you. No one seems to take responsibility for their actions nowadays but if A-Rod has to live to the standard he does as a player, shouldn't the media have to live up to a standard also? The media seems to get a pass a lot of the time. They can trash people by using methods that are illegal, start falsehood and get away with it. All need to be held to an equivalent standard.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

So what? He's a good baseball player...steroids or not.

And Barry was better...

That's what I don't get. What is everyone bitching about? Steroids don't make you a better baseball player.

They can be the difference between a ball hit 100 feet and 350 feets....

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

And Barry was better...

That's what I don't get. What is everyone bitching about? Steroids don't make you a better baseball player.

They can be the difference between a ball hit 100 feet and 350 feets....

So then wouldn't batting gloves be considered artificial enhancement? You don't have to use them, and can make you hit harder and further.

And Barry was better...

If steroids didn't help, then please tell us why all the elite players (Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, etc.) bothered to use them...

6uXNWAo.png

And Barry was better...

If steroids didn't help, then please tell us why all the elite players (Bonds, Clemens, A-Rod, etc.) bothered to use them...

Because a lot of players trust what their trainers say. They are trained to take care of professional athletes. I doubt that it was the player's decision alone.

And Barry was better...

Because a lot of players trust what their trainers say. They are trained to take care of professional athletes. I doubt that it was the player's decision alone.

But get this... Not once did A-Rod blame it on a trainer or on a mix-up of supplements. He straight-up said he used performance-enhancing drugs because he wanted to play better.

6uXNWAo.png

Archived