A Fraud caught Juicing in 2003

NJTank

ty cobb was a bad person, if you listen to the media, so was bonds. we all know that is hogwash on bonds. but because he pissed off sportswriters he wont get into the hall and that is a damn shame. and if you go by his records, bonds deserves to go into the hall. just take steroids out of it. but if we are compairing situations here, ty cob was a racist and yet he still got in, but because bonds used steroids he doesnt? WTF?

Ty Cobb never committed a crime for the purposes of improving his ability to perform on the field, then amplify the issue by committing a felony (i.e., perjury) when asked about it.

nav-logo.png

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

but isnt the hall of fame for acheivements ON THE FEILD as opposed to OFF the feild(ie the perjury of bonds, etc) if you are keeping barry out because of that, then you have to eject ty cobb

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

If you're going to keep a player out of the hall of fame for cheating, when his numbers, regardless of cheating, justify his placement in the Hall of Fame, kick everyone who's ever been caught cheating out of the Hall of Fame. Bonds was the best player of the 90's, and he put up Hall of Fame numbers as a scrawny, base-stealing, goldglove winning LF.

IUe6Hvh.png

ty cobb was a bad person, if you listen to the media, so was bonds. we all know that is hogwash on bonds. but because he pissed off sportswriters he wont get into the hall and that is a damn shame. and if you go by his records, bonds deserves to go into the hall. just take steroids out of it. but if we are compairing situations here, ty cob was a racist and yet he still got in, but because bonds used steroids he doesnt? WTF?

Ty Cobb never committed a crime for the purposes of improving his ability to perform on the field, then amplify the issue by committing a felony (i.e., perjury) when asked about it.

Not to mention all the pitchers who threw spitballs and doctored the ball?

How do we know a player in the 50's didn't have a corked bat?

Hell, how many of these players faced inferior competition only because they wouldn't let non-whites play?

It's all tainted in some way, shape, or form.

Now, back to A-Rod:

I hate A-Rod because hes a tool. I was so sick of him before all this crap, and I'll be so sick of it after. But don't go crucifying him like he was the only one who ever did or ever will take steroids or other performance enhancers...

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

but isnt the hall of fame for acheivements ON THE FEILD as opposed to OFF the feild(ie the perjury of bonds, etc) if you are keeping barry out because of that, then you have to eject ty cobb

Then put Joe Jackson in. There is no proof he was actually involved, and his 1919 World Series numbers:

.375 AVG

1 HR

6 RBI

1.000 FPCT

Pete Rose, that's another story...though with Pete Rose the PLAYER he's a shoe in. That's another argument for another thread though.

65caba33-7cfc-417f-ac8e-5eb8cdd12dc9_zps

it means if people dont want barry in the hall, then ty cobb shouldnt be in, he's worse than barry. all barry did was piss off s-portswriters. everyone used steroids, just call it the steroid era and dont hold it against them and move on

At this point I'm afraid that is the only solution.

BB52Big.jpg

Again I will point out that Juan Marichal did commit a crime on the field but he's still in the Hall of Fame. He may not have been charged but his actions in clubbing Johnny Roseboro with a bat were criminal. Should he not be there either? If you're going to keep Bonds out then Marichal should be booted too.

Again I will point out that Juan Marichal did commit a crime on the field but he's still in the Hall of Fame. He may not have been charged but his actions in clubbing Johnny Roseboro with a bat were criminal. Should he not be there either? If you're going to keep Bonds out then Marichal should be booted too.

How many home runs did that 'clubbing' add to Marichal's statistics? How many stolen bases did he get off of that incident? How high did his career batting average go up because of it?

Of course we all know the answer to that.

how many strikeouts were caused by the dead ball era? it's just the steroid era and let it go, easiest solution. let them in if the stats deserve it.

The Danimal said:
Texas is the state that gave us George W. Bush and Sarah Palin. 'Nuff said.

How many home runs did that 'clubbing' add to Marichal's statistics? How many stolen bases did he get off of that incident? How high did his career batting average go up because of it?

Um, Marichal was a pitcher.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

He clubbed a guy in the head with a bat on the field. That's far more disgraceful to the game than anything Bonds, A-Rod, or any of these guys could do... outside of clubbing a guy in the head, that is.

IUe6Hvh.png

His ERA may have gone slightly down due to the level of fear such an incident would generate. He probably would also be able to get away with more brushbacks. Because, honestly, are you going to charge the mound on such an individual?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Difference between Bonds, Clemens, Palmeiro, Sosa, McGwire and Arod is Arod still has 10 years to play. This will all be forgotten by then, the ERA put into context and 3 or 4 of those others will have already been inducted.

semperfi.gif

I know he was a pitcher....but the incident was with a bat.

I know he was a pitcher....but the incident was with a bat.

Yeah, but he still used his arm to swing it. And by that logic, how was Bonds medical practice enhanced. He used a needle. :)

Editted for purpose of insertion of smiley face. Some people can get carried away around here.

semperfi.gif

If all of those guys came clean about it, maybe the story would be different. But they all maintain that hey never did it even when it is clear to the World that they did. Pete Rose denied his crime for years. Now that he has confessed, perhaps one day he will get in. The truth shall set you free. These guys keep lying and some are probably going to serve jail time when they could have just come clean and eventually be forgiven.

Archived