Yankees' Patch on the back of the Cap!

nyk

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it looks pretty bad, to be honest. It's not a bad looking patch at all, it's just the placement of it and the size of it. I hope this doesn't set off a new trend.

And I hate the fact that I'm going to have to stare at this every time a Yankee pitcher is on the mound. If it were any other team, I wouldn't have to deal with that, of course, but seeing this 81-162 times this year will not be fun (depending on whether it's on the road uniforms too - I'd imagine it will be, considering the Yanks always wear the same caps at home and away).

1923 1927 1928 1932 1936 1937 1938 1939 1941 1943 1947 1949 1950 1951 1952 1953 1956 1958 1961 1962 1977 1978 1996 1998 1999 2000 2009

Rationale: people wear their caps backwards...branding on both sides (instead of just the MLB logo).

From a marketing standpoint, I like it. A lot. (I wonder if the ASG and WS patches will be on the back now.)

From a fan standpoint, I still like it. Not quite as much.

Cards.png

I didn't know you were allowed to get rid of the MLB Logo on the back of the teams hat, you learn something new everyday.

The MLB logo is still there, and in the same spot it would normally be. It's just surrounded by that patch. Again, I think it's a dumb idea and I hope it doesn't last long.

I didn't know you were allowed to get rid of the MLB Logo on the back of the teams hat, you learn something new everyday.

The MLB logo is still there, and in the same spot it would normally be. It's just surrounded by that patch. Again, I think it's a dumb idea and I hope it doesn't last long.

Yeah I just thought you could only have the MLB logo and that's it but I guess if you have it incorporated somehow in it it's alright, but whatever happened to the classy sidearm patch you'd think the Yankees wouldn't be the first team to break tradition and it's a little to similar to last years All Star Game logo.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Wow. That was actually a pretty cool idea to build the logo around the MLB logo on the back of the hat. Looks pretty cool.

I just hope that this just stays as a one-time thing and doesn't turn into an MLB trend.

I like it. A lot.

I'm not a particular fan of cap patches because they clutter up the design, nor am I a fan of the MLB logo on caps for the same reason. If you must have a cap patch, then this placement is inspired.

I do hope this becomes more standard, for World Series games and the like, anyplace that you already find cap patches.

Yet they still can't put player's names on the uniforms?

Oh, they can. They just don't want to.

And frankly, they shouldn't. Babe Ruth didn't have his name on the back of his Yankee jersey, neither did Gehrig or Joltin' Joe or the Mick or Yogi. Or even Reggie, Billy or Yogi again. So I have no problem with holding the current players to the same aesthetic standard, seeing as how most of them couldn't hold a candle to the greats.

The jersey's cluttered enough as it is with the MLB patch. We don't need names to identify the Yanks.

Archived