Rangers' helmets scrapped!

vicfurth

Local paper ran a story today about the Rangers' new batting helmets. Because of bad PR with fans (and the fact they look like crap), the new two-tone helmets are no more.

Thank you, Nolan Ryan. :D

Rangers%20batting%20helmets.jpg

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

What i'm trying to figure out is, what was wrong with their last set?
It didn't have placket piping and there was black on the jerseys. Their new unis addressed neither of these problems. Either way, it was a good choice to dump that helmet. Hopefully the Mets and Rockies follow suit.
OldRomanSig2.jpg

honestly i see absolutley nothing wrong with the rockies and mets helmets. i actually like them and think they blend well since both colors are dark. but red and blue dont blend and looked like absolute crap. if the rangers wanted red/blue then they should have went with blue helmet with red birm and vice versa.

Mets, Jets, Islanders

Yes please follow suit Mets Im sick of two tone helmets .

What about the Rockies???

It's purple and shiny. And it shouldn't go away, in my opinion, cause it makes the rest of the purple in the uniform stand out a bit better, whereas if the team had a black helmet, the purple would look black and everything would get a lot more subdued.

t2.heltonstroke.gy.jpg

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I kind of like the Rockies and Mets two-tone helmets. I think it's that the two colors are both dark that makes it look good. The Rangers helmets looked terrible because the red and blue are bth strong colors that stand out against each other. It makes it look like they are wearing two different helmets or something.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm glad these are scrapped. I'm one of the people who believe the helmet should be a hard cover version of the hat. If that's not supposed to be the case, then I'm confused.

On the side...remember when you're a kid and go to the park and could get those replica plastic helmets...what do they sell for the Mets/Rockies...just all black?

KISSwall09.jpg

I'm glad these are scrapped. I'm one of the people who believe the helmet should be a hard cover version of the hat. If that's not supposed to be the case, then I'm confused.

On the side...remember when you're a kid and go to the park and could get those replica plastic helmets...what do they sell for the Mets/Rockies...just all black?

For the Rockies, it's usually all black.

pMLB2-3504301dt.jpg

2011 Colorado Rockies | Season from Hell

sig_11.png

I really don't care about the Rockies. The Mets, however, would look awesome with just simple blue helmets. Hell, they would look awesome if they scrapped their solid white uniforms and just went to the pinstripes...but that's another story for another day.

Archived