People in your area that follow teams

TrueYankee26

Rio Grande Valley, Texas

NFL: Cowboys, Cowboys, Cowboys and more Cowboys

NBA: Spurs, though the Rockets are trying to gain a foothold in this market. Their D-League affiliate is here, their games are on the radio here and they will be bringing a portion of training camp and an exhibition game against the Celtics to the area.

NHL: Stars, though nobody except for Winter Texans really cares about the NHL here.

MLB: Astros, though baseball isn't popular here.

College: University of Texas.

Soccer: The Mexican league is huge here, obviously.

None of those teams, however, are nearly as popular as high school football.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I believe I am the only St. Louis Cardinals fan that resides in the Chicago area. There's always a swarm of Cubs fans walking around. A good amount of White Sox fans also, but all in all a Cub dominated city.

Where in the Chicago area do you reside?

He's gotta be from the North Side or he Northern Suburbs of Chi-Town, it's AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL Cubs there.

Yeah, I just moved to Vernon Hills. A great little suburb by the way.

Yep, Northern suburb filled with Cubs fans.

The South Side, however, is filled with Sox fans. There's probably more North Side Sox fans than South Side Cubs fans.

Here in good ol' Lancaster, PA, it's kind of a mix of Philly, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh teams, with every bandwagon/popular team sprinkled in.

MLB - Phillies, Orioles...I don't know of many Pirates fans around here. Yankees and Sawx fans are everywhere. I'm probably the only Halos fan in the state.

NFL - Iggles, Stillers, Ravens, a handful of Redskins fans....again, I might be the only Lions fan in the state.

NBA - Sixers, I guess. I don't know a whole lot of people who like basketball around here. I know a few Celtics bandwagon fans and a few Bulls fans.

NHL - Flyers, Pens, some Capitals(mainly due to Hershey's affiliation), a handful of Wings fans.

NCAA - PSU[cks], some Pitt, some Notre Dame. UNC and Duke fans exist everywhere, from what I've gathered.

Madison, WI

NFL:

1. Packers

2. Bears

3. Steelers probably

MLB:

1. Brewers

2. Cubs (unfortunately)

3. Red Sox

NHL:

No real favorite team here. Everyone has their own team.

NBA:

No real favorite team here. Everyone has their own team.

College Football:

1. Wisconsin

2. Iowa

3. Notre Dame

College Basketball:

1. Wisconsin

2. Marquette

3. Minnesota

North Jersey (Newark/Jersey City area)

NFL: Giants, Jets are 2nd. Also a couple Eagles fans.

MLB: Yankees, but quite a few Mets fans here as well. And a few Red Sox bandwagons.

NBA: Nets, but if the Nets move to the Pru Center, interest skyrockets. A few Knicks fans too. And don't forget the bandwagons like the Lakers.

NHL: Devils by far, followed by the Rangers. Never seen 1 Islander fan.

NCAA Football: Rutgers, Notre Dame.

NBAA Basketball: Duke, Seton Hall I guess. Also the St. Peters Peacocks, but interest flagged when Keydren Clark left.

We got the front running Cowboy fans that creep up every so often too. The Islanders were very popular around here 25 years ago, and now they are dead. All Islanders fans seemed to have become Devils fans. St. Peter's has no real following that I noticed unless you are a St. Petes grad.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Central Texas

1) Texas Longhorns by a mile.

2) NFL- Mainly Cowboys, a decent amount of Houston Texans and the Tennessee Titans (some for the Oiler ties, some for VY, some both)

3) NBA- Spurs, with a smattering of Mavs and Rockets.

4) MLB- I'll give the Astros the edge here, though there are Rangers fans to be found.

5) NHL- sadly not many fans, but I do see Stars attire at bars on game nights. The AHL Texas Stars are pressing big time for ticket sales for next season. I hope it goes well, but we'll see.

newsig.jpg

Rock Hill, South Carolina (15 miles south of Charlotte, NC)

NFL - Panthers (obviously), with other "big name" teams sprinkled in, mostly people that were fans of another team before the Panthers came in 1995. I see a lot of Steelers stuff. Cowboys, Falcons, Colts, Eagles are all popular as well. Charlotte is also very bandwagon-y, lots of Panthers stuff when they're good... not so much when they're bad.

NBA - Mostly apathetic, but about equal parts Bobcats, Celtics, Heat, Lakers, Cavs.

MLB - "You ain't a true southerner unless you like sweet tea and the Atlanta Braves." Red Sox, Yankees seem to share the #2 spot.

NHL - If I see something hockey-related, it's usually Hurricanes or hometown gear of a northern transplant.

NCAA - USC/Clemson are about equal. Lots of UNC/Duke as well. Winthrop isn't quite on the level with USC or Clemson yet, but I see Eagles gear relatively frequently off-campus. It makes me smile.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

NorthEast Pa (Wilkes-Barre/Scranton)....and correct me if i am wrong

MLB- Phillies/Yankees/Mets/Red Sox and a little Pirates

NFL- Eagles/Steelers/Giants/Cowboys....seen quite a bit here (mostly bandwagon i would guess)

NHL- Penguins/Flyers

NBA- Dont Really Notice If any I would say the Sixers or Knicks....doubt it though

NCAA- Penn State/ Notre Dame

29.gif

Tallahassee, FL:

MLB: Braves (still kinda strong here), a lot of Rays fans (now), some Marlins fans, and as anywhere Yankees and Red Sox fans

NFL: Jags, Bucs, Miami, and Falcons

NHL: no real set team duee to so few fans, but the team in the lead is the Tampa Bay Lightning

NBA: Magic, Heat, and to a lesser extent Hawks

NCAA: FSU, FAMU with a distant 3rd UF

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

NOVA (Northern Virginia)

NHL:

- Capitals (70% and growing)

- Penguins (15%)

- Flyers (5%)

- Other (<5%)

MLB: (no % available)

- O's

- Nats

- Red Sox

- Yankees

- Mets

- Phillies

NFL

- Redskins

- Eagles

- Ravens

- Steelers

- Cowboys ?

- Giants

- Other

NBA

- Supposedly there's a basketball team.

MLS

- DC United

WNY:

NFL:

1.Bills

2.Bills

3.Bills

NHL:

1.Sabres

2.Sabres

3.Sabres

MLB:

1.Yankees

2.Red Sox

3.Mets

4.Indians

You're from Buffalo, right? Speaking as someone from Rochester, I'd actually disagree with some of these. There are bunches of Giants and Jets fans in Western New York. Ditto Rangers fans in the NHL.

And while perhaps not like it was, there were tons of Orioles fans in Rochester when I grew up. I'm sure that love has dissipated a bit after the Red Wings/Orioles split, but I wouldn't be surprised if there still a bunch of old-time fans left. I would rerank your MLB order as Yankees, Mets, Blue Jays, Orioles.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Pittsburgh

NFL: STEELERS

NHL: Pens

MLB: Pirates, kinda

NBA: Cleveland, or whoever is good. NBA is not very popular here.

College: Pitt, some Penn State, occasionally WVU

Soccer: Nobody

I'm thinking that should read a little more something like this?

NFL: Steelers

MLB: Steelers

NBA: Steelers

NHL: Penguins (followed by Steelers)

NCAA: Pitt/WVU/Steelers

That's just my read on having lived in and out of the area for the past 4-5 years.

(Disclaimer: what little traces exist of Pirate fandom is mostly over the age of 35, as best as I can tell. And, aside from the occasional Brahns fan that exists just to spite the Stillahs, there's known to be at least two Buccaneers fans up in that area...myself and hormone.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Western NC

MLB: Braves, Red Sox, some Yanks, Cubs

NBA: Bobcats, Celtics, a few of us hold on to the Hawks

NFL: Panthers, Cowboys, Packers

NHL: is that the one on ice?

NCAA: UNC, Duke, App, State

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Archived