Jaguars getting new uniforms

thewhodat

The wordmark font looks like the EA MADDEN NFL09 font.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If what I'm hearing is true it sounds more like the piping the Pats use,very basic as opposed to what the Cards or the Falcons use.

u must be going back and forth from jags message board to here like im doing. some guy said he seen the style guide and says the piping is like the patriots.he wont give away much, he might be full of it.

i also think the arch in the wordmark is fitting considering this part of J-town's skyline

jacksonville%20bridge.jpg

J-Town? J-Ville.

But true, that does look similar. Probably a coincidence though.

Eagles/Heels/Dawgs/Falcons/Hawks

i also think the arch in the wordmark is fitting considering this part of J-town's skyline

jacksonville%20bridge.jpg

J-Town? J-Ville.

But true, that does look similar. Probably a coincidence though.

The league thought enough of the bridge to put it in the SBXXXIX logo, so I'm guessing it's no coincidence. And the ramps leading off the bridge in the Super Bowl logo definately resemble the leading and trailing lines off the J and the S.

front_third_sm.jpg3385844434_b8a8f078e9_o.png

"I still think a tag team of Jimmy B and Melo could kick the :censored: out of Jesus and God."

Syracuse Orangemen

2003 National Champions

So lets recap what we know, Helmet and logo stays the same, Leaping Jag logo gone from jerseys, Logo gone from hip of the pants, White jerseys still have black numbers,black pants on the road, Teal jerseys with white pants,piping on the jerseys and down the pants but more a of plain version than what we have seen from the Cards and Vikings and no teal pants. There has been a rumor of no more black pants as well but that is'nt something I have heard from anybody but your avg. fan with no source, he said all white was coming back as a combo. There you have it we should have a pretty good guess from that what to expect.

Well, if they are going to "define" to look, then it can't be black, can it? Steelers already have black w/white numbers. New Orleans has black with gold. Raiders have black with silver/white depending on the way you view it.

Therefore, it has to be one of 2 things ---- it either has to be teal with black or white numbers (maybe a TB Bucs style of outline on the numbers)??, or, it has to be gold with teal/white numbers. And my guess is the teal with black numbers

So, then at home you have a teal top w/black or white numbers (remember, Miami is Aqua, and the color looks different). And with this you have white pants. The away uni must then be white with teal or black numbers and most likely teal pants.

Some observations:

1. I know of no team with teal tops with black numbers outlined in white and gold piping. This would certainly be unique.

2. If they went with "jaguars gold" tops, then I hope you are thinking teal numbers, outlined in white and black. This has some potential, but I think gets dangerously close to Georgia Tech, and I'm not at all thinking teal numbers on gold would look good.

3. I wonder if being unique can lead to some "wierd" choices for colors at first, that eventually get pared down to something more manageable.

I guess time will tell - certainly we'll know by the NFL draft....

spacer.png  5-time Defending NL East Champions spacer.png 

teal jerseys with white numbers and white pants.white jerseys with black numbers and white or black pants. teams dont do black numbers on dark jerseys. they test the jerseys on film to make sure they are good for TV. dark jerseys and numbers wouldnt show up good on TV. most all teams use white numbers on dark jerseys. or they use light colors such as the saints with black jerseys and gold numbers.

"When teams such as the Packers, Giants and Steelers appear on highlight shows, it's obvious which team is playing because those teams tend to have standard home and away uniforms. The Jaguars sometimes play in all-white uniforms, all-black uniforms or various combinations of teal, white and black."

Yes, its just a damn shame, when teams actually have more than 2 combinations of uniforms. :rolleyes: How wacky!!!

Hey, guess what Wayne.... You know why people know those teams mentioned? THEY WIN GAMES and THEY HAVE WON CHAMPIONSHIPS That's why those lame-ass Cowboy uniforms are considered "classics". Its why the Redskins (Danny Snyder) think their outdated burgandy and yellow uniforms, still look good.

And, the Giants have worn red alt jersey's once a year (except for last year) in the past several years (and changed their road uniforms TWICE, in the past 15 years). The Steelers wear throw-em back uniforms, twice a year.

Geez, these conservative folks need to lighten up and get with the program. I can guarantee, that players like options. It sounds like, they want to become the Yankees or Penn State, when they have only been around 15 years.

As much as I'm a Pats fan, I don't care for their current unis. But at least they look like a football uniform, unlike the Cards or Falcons with all the wacky stripes.

Wacky stripes??? Huh?

Save for piping, what "wacky stripes" do the Cardinals home uniforms and the Falcons uniforms have? The Falcons have one VERY thin stripe on their pants (which is actually piping), and their own unique sleeve pattern. That's it. That is hardly "wacky". "Wacky stripes" are what the Lions are getting rid of (striping that is all over the place and inconsistant in the total uniform). "Wacky stripes" would be the Bills or the Bengals mess of inconsistancy. Or all of the Rams pants having completely different pant striping, on a "stripe-less" uniform/helmet. Or, the entire Cowboys uniforms, home and away. Those are "wacky" teams.

The Falcons red, white and black jerseys, are all CONSISTANT and blend well, with whatever pant/sock combo they wear. And, considering they have a stripe-less helmet, the fewer stripes on the uniform, the better. The Falcons uniform, to my eye, is actually pretty clean looking.

And, I still don't get the "angst" so many geeks have here, with the current Falcons uniforms. Did anyone see how lame the uniforms they used to wear, were? Pant striping, had no consistancy with the rest of the uniform. Pants were a dull grey. White shoes. Bright red socks (on the road) with a black helmet. It was bad and they were way overdo, for a change.

And, the Cardinals former duds? They looked like they were wearing a practice jersey. Pant stripes (again) served no purpose with the rest of the uniform (on either white or red pants). White helmet with grey facemask (for some reason, they kept that). White shoes. Gee, I wonder why no one ever bought this merchandise or got into this team? It was so catchy and edgey. :D

falcons new uniform looks tight. i wish the jags werent changing uniforms but since they are i hope they are similar to the falcons. the old cardinals uniforms were the worst in the league i think. now the bills take that title in my eyes. they need to switch to the white helmet unis they wear a few times the past couple years. i wish someone will hurry up and leak these jags uniforms. its hard enough waiting for the draft now i have to wait to see their new uniforms.

So let me get this straight...

Home: Black helmet, Teal jersey, White numbers, Black trim/sidepanels, Gold piping, and White(with Black trim and Gold piping) or Black(with Gold piping) pants?

Away: Black helmet, White jersey, Black numbers, Black trim/sidepanels, Gold piping, and White(with Black trim and Gold piping) or Black(with Gold piping) pants?

I'm thinking the side panels will be made to match up no matter which jersey/pants combo is worn. That is why the Black pants would only have piping on them. That is what I have gathered from all the sources I have read. This could be waaaaay off though, I just wanted to put it in writing so I could look back at what I was thinking before they leaked...

i havent heard anything of side panels, the rumors are that the uniforms are plain. with simialr piping to the patriots they have those little red lines havent heard any word on colors of piping are anything like that. where did u hear this? im thinking they might look loke clemson kinda. the last year or two the jags have only worn 3 combos teal/white white/black white/white i guess they are trying to cut down on the combos. wish they would bring back the teal/black comb,hopefully they will after the updated unis

dennisbergan is a raving lunatic who struggles with constructing sentences, but he's right about those old Falcons jerseys. Man, were those dull. They're certainly allowed to try being modern.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

dennisbergan is a raving lunatic who struggles with constructing sentences, but he's right about those old Falcons jerseys. Man, were those dull. They're certainly allowed to try being modern.

For a raving lunatic (a label that I'm not going to dispute or endorse) I happen to agree with 90% of his opinions. Seems like people see the name and go on the attack without actually considering the point of the post.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived