Redesigning the AHL

chickenfish13

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Philadelphia Phantoms. Moved Team to Allentown and Renamed the Flyers.

Credit to ASM for template.

allentownflyersconceptwhit.gif

Excellent, but...Most teams around that way tend to use the "LEHIGH VALLEY" locale name (IronPigs, Outlawz, etc.)

You suppose we could try one with the "Lehigh Valley Flyers"? (A bit harder, but...)

v40P3lq.png

Excellent, but...Most teams around that way tend to use the "LEHIGH VALLEY" locale name (IronPigs, Outlawz, etc.)

You suppose we could try one with the "Lehigh Valley Flyers"? (A bit harder, but...)

I'll give it a shot.

I might be interested as well, but have the same question as siegel.... is there a deadline/time frame for these to be submitted?

It's not an official "contest", so a deadline can't be enforced. Post at your leisure is what I say.

That'll work. I'll take the Portland Pirates.

The team name will definitely remain, but I haven't given any thought to relocation yet, so I'll leave that "undecided", at least for now.

I'm gonna keep the Chicago Wolves in Chicago, but I will change the name. I'm kinda stuck on a name, though. If anyone has any ideas on a name that would be great. I'm hoping to keep it related to Chicago somehow. I have a great idea for the uniforms and logo

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Actually, if you used a lower case a and had it going the opposite way the Flyers "P" is going now, it'd look great. I'd also use a black number outlined in white on the back, but that's just me. Excellent job. I'll jump on board and do the Manchester Monarchs.

^ Missing the back alt hem stripe and I think you could do a lot more here to separate from the Bruins.

I'll fix the back hem stripe, but I honestly didn't want them to be separated from Boston that much. That's the problem they have now (they use the spoked P based on the old spoked B, use yellow rather than athletic gold, and use a template more similar to the old Boston template). My goal was to make them look MORE like the Bruins. After all they do share the same name and the Bruins ARE their parent club and part of the reason they draw as well as they do.

^ Missing the back alt hem stripe and I think you could do a lot more here to separate from the Bruins.

I'll fix the back hem stripe, but I honestly didn't want them to be separated from Boston that much. That's the problem they have now (they use the spoked P based on the old spoked B, use yellow rather than athletic gold, and use a template more similar to the old Boston template). My goal was to make them look MORE like the Bruins. After all they do share the same name and the Bruins ARE their parent club and part of the reason they draw as well as they do.

Whatever you want, it's your concept, but it's a concept and you might as well do something different... even it is only slightly different than the Bruins template, that would be better, because it is obvious not very much thought went into this design, striping especially.

Archived