Redesigning the AHL

chickenfish13

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The name i was leaning towards for Chicago was the Chicago Skyliners. I dont know if its that good of a name, I would appreciate some insight.

Also, Cfish, I like that logo a lot. It could use some tightening and refinement, but it is a solid logo for a solid idea.

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Presenting the primary and secondary logo for the Milwaukee Muskies. The colors are adopted from parent team Nashville. Hopefully an even trade will be made soon and Milwaukee will become NHL leaving Nashville to the AHL.

Uniforms are in progress. Any C&C on these is very welcome.

MilwaukeeMuskiesM-1.png

milwaukeemuskies-1.png

Great logos Mcrosby! I like how the side of the Muskie is similar to the look of the Sabretooth tiger of the parent club.

bobschultz6

' class="bbc_url">@

bobschultz6

OK guys, here is my primary logo for the relocated Iowa Chops, the Sacramento Rush. Hope you like. Jerseys and secondary logo to come soon. I just wanted to show you guys the primary.

sacrush.png

This is a good start, and I can see it evolving in to something really good. But there are a few changes you need to make.

First of all change any and all white to gray. It would look 10x better and simplify the color scheme.

Change the gold color, I don't know about this one, it just looks really flat and boring and seems to have a little green in it.

Clean up the helmet detail, it is curved on the edges of the bold gray stripes for some reason, but it should flow with the contours of the helmet. Same thing goes for the smaller gray piping below.

The light coming out of the helmet needs to be cleaned up. Get rid of the outline on it. Then make it either gold or white, solid. The pointed edges and straight lines aren't working for me here. Add some curve to it.

Finally the facial features look a little blocky. And the ear is weird looking.

If you don't know what I mean by any of this, just send me the vector file and I can help you out.

I went ahead, and started doing the Rochester Americans. Relocated to Miami & renamed the Tropics.

So heres what I have so far...

miamitrops.png

Hey, why move the Amerks? They've only been in the league for 53 years. But that must not count for anything with you kiddies. I know this project is all in fun, but I've got to tell you boys that you're messing with my family here. I've been following the A.H.L. since 1958 and my company used to outfit the Rochester Americans from 1957-70. So it's very, very personal with me. :mad:

I went ahead, and started doing the Rochester Americans. Relocated to Miami & renamed the Tropics.

miamitrops.png

Hey, why move the Amerks? They've only been in the league for 53 years. But that must not count for anything with you kiddies. I know this project is all in fun, but I've got to tell you boys that you're messing with my family here. I've been following the A.H.L. since 1958 and my company used to outfit the Rochester Americans from 1957-70. So it's very, very personal with me. :mad:

Right, Yeah just to prevent confusion, I didn't actually in the real life buy the Rochester Americans and relocate them to Miami. I'm not a multi millionaire team owner. This is a team redesign thread, just for fun. :rolleyes:

miamitrops.png

I'll back you up 100% on this, and I'm in Cali. Moving Rochester is like moving the Maple Leafs or Canadians, you just don't do it. I don't care if it's for fun or not, there are certain things you just don't do. And throw on top of it, the look is just bad. The Miami Ropics? Colors are bad, logo and uniform is jsut thrown together with no thought behind it or the team's history. The guy who changed Milwaukee to the Muskies thought his process out and understood how to incorporate things, you just moved and recolored a team that shouldn't be moved or recolored.

I'll take the Hershey Bears. Definitly keeping them in Hershey, I might rename them though.

Hey Chuckles,

I was attending A.H.L. games long before any of you guys were even an impulse in your daddy's Levi's. None of you gentlemen have the first clue about the grand history of the American Hockey League. So why in hell would you even think of renaming the SEVENTH-OLDEST PROFESSIONAL HOCKEY TEAM (The Hershey Bears) IN NORTH AMERICA? Why don't you rename the ORIGINAL SIX teams while you're at it. Some of you guys are too smart for your own good! No more Hershey Kisses for you! :mad:

Yeah, but there are certain franchises that shouldn't move and Rochester is one of them. I don't care who they are affiliated with, they need to stay and keep their name. So, I guess I oppose his taking and moving of Rochester.

Thank You, Oddball! And a little grandfatherly advice to you kiddies. Before you go hog wild with your Photo Shop and Illustrator talents consider these facts. Hershey and Rochester are the seventh- and eighth-oldest continually-operating professional hockey clubs in North America. Between them they have been in the A.H.L. a combined 125 years! That's a full century-and-a-quarter of UNINTERRUPTED operating in the same city with the same nickname. You can total up all the total seasons, records and championships of all the rest of the current A.H.L. line-up and you STILL couldn't catch the Bears and the Amerks. As I said in another post on this thread I KNOW this is a "fun" project.

But as a lifelong A.H.L. fan (I'm in my 52nd season and have seen more A.H.L. games live than all you guys conbined) I'm not in favor of messing with these two truck-horses of the league in any way, shape or manner. If these two cities were to ever lose their teams you might as well kiss the rest of the league goodbye! I'll say no more on this subject! :mad:

Yeah, but there are certain franchises that shouldn't move and Rochester is one of them. I don't care who they are affiliated with, they need to stay and keep their name. So, I guess I oppose his taking and moving of Rochester.

Thank You, Oddball! And a little grandfatherly advice to you kiddies. Before you go hog wild with your Photo Shop and Illustrator talents consider these facts. Hershey and Rochester are the seventh- and eighth-oldest continually-operating professional hockey clubs in North America. Between them they have been in the A.H.L. a combined 125 years! For you Obama voters that's a full century-and-a-quarter of UNINTERRUPTED operating in the same city with the same nickname. You can total up all the total seasons, records and championships of all the rest of the current A.H.L. line-up and you STILL couldn't catch the Bears and the Amerks. As I said in another post on this thread I KNOW this is a "fun" project.

But as a lifelong A.H.L. fan (I'm in my 52nd season and have seen more A.H.L. games live than all you guys conbined) I'm not in favor of messing with these two truck-horses of the league in any way, shape or manner. If these two cities were to ever lose their teams you might as well kiss the rest of the league goodbye! I'll say no more on this subject! :mad:

Done whining? Ok good. Now where were we?

Archived