CCSLC Championship Ring Thread

Now I'm curious about what is the oldest Grey Cup ring (which might in fact be 1928) or the oldest Stanley Cup ring?

1893 Stanley Cup

ring.jpg

http://www.greatesthockeylegends.com/2010/04/1893-stanley-cup-ring.html

:shocked:

Does this mean that championship rings started in Canada and then migrated to the U.S.? Are there even older rings for any sport out there? And only $60,000 for that ring?

tigercatssignature-1.png

Is that where the fantasy football people get theirs?

They seem pretty easy to get. Take a look.

I met a recruiter from another college who played for the Lions and Baltimore Colts who wears his NFL Alumni ring every day.

He told me he lent it to his friends a lot when they were in their 30s to help them pick up chicks at bars!

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

You know, $250 as a gag gift for the winner of a league is not that bad provided everybody chip in at the beginning of the season or everybody else pays for the winner.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

If I had a World Series Ring they'd have to cut my hand off to stop me from wearing it.

yeah I felt the same way. If I won any major championship the ring would never leave my hand! B)

t.jpg

Part owner in the Green Bay Packers

You know, $250 as a gag gift for the winner of a league is not that bad provided everybody chip in at the beginning of the season or everybody else pays for the winner.

I have a feeling that there are plenty of people out there who don't see those rings as a gag gift.

BB52Big.jpg

I don't think I would wear my ring everyday. Not because I wouldn't want to, but because they've gotten so large and obnoxious they're not really practical for everyday wear.

No argument there. At least MLB hasn't quite reached the NFL level of absurd championship rings. I haven't gotten to see a Giants ring on someone's hand yet but in the pictures it looks like it might actually be small enough to wear.

BB52Big.jpg