NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

Boston's dismantling of Carolina will put all four conference semifinal matchups at 3 games to 2.

Now how sick would it be if they could all go the full distance?? :rolleyes:

6uXNWAo.png

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I find it funny that this was started by a Leafs fan. Maybe if Leafs fans didn't blindly throw their money at MLSE they wouldn't have to watch a consistently mediocre product and actually cause their team to change for the better. We Hawks fans spoke with our wallets and stayed away, and then got lucky that when Rocky Wirtz took over that he knew he had to change everything to get fans back.

But no, there will be 19,000-plus at the ACC every night next year as the Leafs slog along in 10th in the East once again, with the MLSE guys counting their cash.

Heh, I was holding that card just in case. But you played it before me. :)

And I'm guessing the admiral's comment reflects what he's heard from those who are either hockey-ignorant, or puck haters - not his own opinion.

The Bulls are firmly entrenched in 4th place in the Chicago sports landscape again, for arguably the first time in 25 years. But they'll keep filling those 100- and 200-level seats with corporate dollars (emphasized by their "The 300 Level is where all the actual fans hang out!" campaign from last season,) so I doubt they're concerned.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I kind of resent anybody saying Hawks fans are a bunch of fairweather or frontrunner fans. Dollar Bill Wirtz did everything he could to repel fans.

The arena experience was lame, home games weren't on TV, there was a revolving door of coaches and executives, Bob Pulford was the main decision maker, popular announcer Pat Foley wasn't brought back, Stan Mikita and Bobby Hull and other legends weren't embraced, home games weren't on TV, stars were shown the door, the owner once said winning a Stanley Cup was too expensive, and most importantly, home games weren't on TV.

As Sodboy said, there have always been a lot of Hawks fans. We just stayed away because we were treated like garbage. It was always known in Chicago that if we were given any reason to come back, we would. And we certainly have been.

I find it funny that this was started by a Leafs fan. Maybe if Leafs fans didn't blindly throw their money at MLSE they wouldn't have to watch a consistently mediocre product and actually cause their team to change for the better. We Hawks fans spoke with our wallets and stayed away, and then got lucky that when Rocky Wirtz took over that he knew he had to change everything to get fans back.

But no, there will be 19,000-plus at the ACC every night next year as the Leafs slog along in 10th in the East once again, with the MLSE guys counting their cash.

Just remember this - your team would no longer be around had we not been supporting our team. Hell, a lot of teams would either have folded or moved had we not been supporting much of the league financially. You closed your wallets to something that needs money to survive, and as a result, money had to come from other pockets to guarantee that one day you would have a team to return to to support. :P

I made my comment more in jest than anything else. I know there are plenty of Hawks fans. I know that Bill's death was celebrated and not mourned. I know how things are in Chicago and how rough it has been. They have fans, and they were going to return no matter what. What bothers me is that the only reason 'new fans' are showing up is because the team is winning and it is cool to support that. If Bill had just died and Rocky was just in the process of righting the ship, I don't think we'd see this level of support. Sure A LOT of people would be going to games, but Hawks mania would not be like what it is at the moment.

And most of us don't 'blindly' throw our money at MLSE (MLSE is Leafs, Raptors, ACC, TFC) but we are guilty of not demanding more of those who have run the Leafs. Luckily, they have realized that things had to change and that is why Burke is now our GM.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Boston's dismantling of Carolina will put all four conference semifinal matchups at 3 games to 2.

That would be awesome I can't remember the last time that happened (If ever) but if any of these series' end in 6 it will probably be from the West.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

No offense to Carolina but I hope Boston comes back to win that series.

Boston vs. Pittsburgh and Detroit vs. Chicago in the Conference Finals would rock.

Carolina is an incredibly underrated team. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the finals.

Hi, how are you?

Boston vs. Pittsburgh and Detroit vs. Chicago in the Conference Finals would rock.

Carolina is an incredibly underrated team. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the finals.

Somewhere, Gary Bettman shutters.

As a Bruins fan in Seattle, it would be terrible. It would set up 3 game 7's on Thursday with only two timeslots available on Versus. My hope would be that the NHL network would pick up the Carolina-Boston game but failing that, it would be off to the bar again to watch it on CI (Okay, so it's not that terrible cheers.gif)

Edit: Before you ask, I don't have CI this year because my house switched from Comcast to DirecTV in the middle of the season and I didn't want to have to pay for it twice.

WOO! 3-2 Wings, off to Anaheim to hopefully close things out. I think I'll be getting a Franzen jersey soon.

Eat it, Charger :D

Well thats not too nice! ^_^

At least we can agree that The Foo Fighters rock!!!

I am starting to get this sick feeling in the pit of my stomach about the Wings. They seem to have as easy a route to the Finals again this year. They may face Pittsburgh again, I hope Gonchar is healthy!

-Dan

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

Pittsburgh-Washington might be one of the greatest series I've ever seen. If it continues to live up to the hype, Washington will win tonight and send it to game 7.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

Pittsburgh-Washington might be one of the greatest series I've ever seen. If it continues to live up to the hype, Washington will win tonight and send it to game 7.

Yes, it's been a good series. Here's to a Caps win tonight.

Aaron Ward may have a broken orbital bone after being punched by Scott Walker. Check out Paul Maurice's comments at the end of the article. He may as well have prefaced them with, "everyone get ready to print this up so Boston can wallpaper their locker room with it."

"Purists will bitch and whine, but so what? Purists will Always bitch and whine. That is their function. Res Ipsa Loquitur."

-HST

The crowd in the garden was great tonight; loud and passionate.

They tore down the Garden many moons ago ... but yeah, the FleetCenter was rocking. :P

Aaron Ward may have a broken orbital bone after being punched by Scott Walker. Check out Paul Maurice's comments at the end of the article. He may as well have prefaced them with, "everyone get ready to print this up so Boston can wallpaper their locker room with it."

This is NOT good news. Our already thin Blue Line is getting thinner. Add on that plus Ward's leadership capabilities and playoff experience, boy this sucks.

Somewhere, Gary Bettman shutters.

Actually, with the way he's been vilified in Canada lately, they probably see him grinning from ear-to-ear at the thought of Carolina returning the Finals. :P

At first, I was thinking that the refs were giving the Caps the shaft in the games at Pittsburgh...but they're just taking stupid penalties. The refs have been pretty good.

And yeah, I will say it again: This series has been awesome.

Uh oh, lets hope Maz doesn't blame you for jinxing the game. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Archived