NHL 2009 Super Special Playoff Edition Megathread

Lee.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kBMu89gDBI...feature=related

I heard this so many times tonight, I literally know the lyrics to the first 30 seconds of chelsea dagger :P

Roberto Luongwho? 3 goals from a beardless pat kane, now that is embarassing!

So, whos next?

Sorry, just a bit worked up

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Blackhawks are in the western conference finals. I is definitely cool to see a team like the 'Hawks return from complete irrelevancy, mired in futility to the final 4 of the NHL, and in an exciting manner at that.

I can imagine that if someone decided not to watch the Denver/Dallas and Atlanta/Cleveland games on the hardcourt since those series' were basically over and instead decided to watch Caps/Pens and 'Hawks/Canucks, they'd be hooked on the NHL now. Both of the games tonight were EXTREMELY exciting.

This whole postseason has been one big cathartic experience for Hawks fans. There's been so much pent up fandom and excitment that's all bursting out now. I wish I was in Chicago for this.

I can barely breathe right now. That Hawks game was as thrilling as anything I've watched on TV. Incredible.

And that Caps-Pens game wasn't bad either.

Pittsburgh-Washington might be one of the greatest series I've ever seen. If it continues to live up to the hype, Washington will win tonight and send it to game 7.

Here's hoping that doesn't happen.

Uh oh, lets hope Maz doesn't blame you for jinxing the game. :P

I'm sure he'll put it on the refs.

No, unlike some people *couchcapsfansandfatsbudreaucough* I don't do that.

The officiating was actually very solid today. Not good, never is, but solid. No complaints.

Anyway, this is not good. Not in the least bit. I do not like our chances in Washington in a game 7 they forced.

I'm assuming I could go back a few pages and find something like that.

The most nerve-wracking final two minutes I've watched in a long time. Great game :D

GO CAPS!

You wont. I can confidently say that I have only once complained about the refs here. Two years ago, after the game in which Malkin scored his first goal.

I am also sure I won't go back into other threads and see many posts writing off the team this year AND their new coach. Now you are his biggest fan and act as though you always believed in this team. Seriously, get off your high horse and acting as though Washington is the dirtiest team in the league and that the Penguins are clean and innocent. Give us a break!

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

Just what the hell happened to the Canucks defense this series?

Patrick Kane

sigpurp.png

---Owner of the NHA's Philadelphia Quakers, the UBA's Chicago Skyliners, and the CFA's Portland Beavers (2010 CFA2 Champions)---

Sorry, Canada.

16 seasons and counting...

15. Some lockout or something... :P

Still sucks that the year the Flyers were the worst team in the league, they don't win the lottery and miss out on Kane. Figures... <_<

I'm rooting for a Chicago/Washington final

And for yet another year the Stanley Cup stays where it belongs, in America.

And no matter what, will be hoisted by a majority of Canadians. :P

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I'm pretty shocked the last thing I thought would happen in a elimination game was that Luongo would allow 7 goals and the Nuxs would blow 3 leads. I could go on about how inconsistent the Canucks played but in the end the Hawks were a better team and if it wasn't for that tool Dustin Byfuglien I would be rooting for them to win the Cup. As long as the Canucks are able to resign the twins this team should be back next year and just as good if not better because of the experience and maturity they got this season.

Sorry, Canada.

The Habs were the last Canadian team to win it all. We represent!!

Nah. actually, I'd like to see any Canadian team win it. 16 years is a long time.

Sorry, Canada.

The Habs were the last Canadian team to win it all. We represent!!

Nah. actually, I'd like to see any Canadian team win it. 16 years is a long time.

It doesn't really bug me ... then again I don't really care for any Canadian team ...

BannerSigDallas.png

sig-5.png

It feels great watching this team win. This high scoring game came out of nowhere, but it was exciting to watch. The crowd was electric, the National Anthem seems like it gets louder each game. And Kane's third goal was great (he's just got to work on that beard, I can do better.)

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm not going to take anything away from the Blackhawks, but it's not really a surprise that they made it this far or anything. With all the top draft picks they received in recent years, something like this was inevitable.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

Not entirely true. Being bad for a long time doesn't guarantee a turnaround. You still need smart management, and that's what the Blackhawks have had. There's something to be said for turning crap into Patrick Sharp and Kris Versteeg.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

The last time a Canadian Team won the cup

Sidney Crosby was not quite 6 years old

Martin Brodeur just finished a full season in the AHL with Utica

HDTV was a pipe dream

You felt cool with a 26 K Dial up modem and were lucky if you had a 1 Gigdrive, and lots of floppy disks.

If you were on the internet AOL was way cool.

There was just one ESPN and no digital cable

NFL Sunday Ticket did not exist

MLB had just 4 divisions

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Archived